Kaiser Dock

Guest fatmcgav

Guest fatmcgav

Hi There,

I was browsing Ebay looking for accessories in prep for the imminent recipt of my new Vario III, and i found this on ebay.

Anybody got one? Any opinions? Seems like a great idea to me.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

Gav

Guest Swampie

Personally, it doesn't take much to connect a USB cable to the bottom of the Kaiser, and then you can have it in nice landscape mode with the screen tilted. ;) No need for cradle I think.

Guest Webreaper
Personally, it doesn't take much to connect a USB cable to the bottom of the Kaiser, and then you can have it in nice landscape mode with the screen tilted. ;) No need for cradle I think.

Was about to say exactly the same thing myself. :(

Guest fatmcgav

My thinking behind it would be it'd just be nice to go home and drop it in a dock to get it charging, syncing etc...

Ebay one looks better than the PDA Hut one as it can charge through mains aswell as USB Sync...

Hmm, mite email and see if can get some better pics...

Cheers

Gavin

Guest hotphil

for me, I come and go from my desk quite a bit, and with the current appaling battery life i'm getting, being able to plonk it in a dock is invaluable!

Guest hotphil

The only bad point is that PDAHut only seem to use Royal Mail - I've had to ditch my usual rule of never buying from a company that uses them... I've seen a dock for another HTC device that looks to have been made by the same manufacturer and they seem OK. The 'extend' at the back means that you can actually press the screen without it all falling over (like with the dock I had for my Wizard).

Guest weeerob
Noticed some guy has put those £7.99 docks on sale on ebay for £25 + £5 posting, hope no-one falls for that! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...s_promot_widget

The screen tilting for me does away with the need for a dock normally though I guess it could be useful for the bedside table for charging during the night.

Actually ignore that the more expensive one with charger and additional battery too. Should pay more attention before posting!

Guest fatmcgav

That looks better... hmm... should I order one or two (home & work)

Anyone got any PDAHut discount code? ;)

Yeh, it does look like they wrap around a bit better... hmm, no dual charging though... USB and Mains... Would be useful to have mains for when my PC's off at night - which aint very often, but still...

Hmm, mite get one of ebay first, and see what it's like...

Cheers

G

Guest tsutton
That looks better... hmm... should I order one or two (home & work)

Anyone got any PDAHut discount code? ;)

Ordered two last night, all confirmed.

This morning, got an email from them saying it's out of stock. But more stock will arrive in the middle of next week.

So, a bit of a wait then...

Edited by tsutton

Guest fatmcgav

In the end, i took the plunge and bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=002

Paid for yesterday, arrived today. First impressions are really good. Phone fits well in the cradle, comes with usb and mains charger.

Overall, £10 well spent, and i think i'm going to order another one for home. ;)

Cheers

Gavin

Guest fatmcgav

With a mains charger included, that's a decent price.

Must... Resist...

:(

P

Yeh - it's not a prober Mini-Usb one - it's one of the small pin style ones specifically for teh dock, but still works a treat. ;)

Well worth it.

Looks the same as the one that I ordered via PDAHut
Does look almost identical, bar the charge LED on the left - does the PDAHut one come with a charge and sync cable?

Cheers

G

In the end, i took the plunge and bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=002

Paid for yesterday, arrived today. First impressions are really good. Phone fits well in the cradle, comes with usb and mains charger.

Overall, £10 well spent, and i think i'm going to order another one for home. ;)

Cheers

Gavin

Thanks for the find - just ordered mine... I'm not as strong willed as Paul, I couldn't resist. :(

Guest tsutton
Does look almost identical, bar the charge LED on the left - does the PDAHut one come with a charge and sync cable?

Just got it from PDAHut - it does include the USB cable and charger plug. So a good value then.

Guest hotphil

The ones I ordered from PDAHut have just arrived too! Seem to do the job pretty well. On the one I've plugged in so far, the LED doesn't work, but I've seen previous similar models and the LED can be a little too bright/distracting so I'm cool with that.

As a recommendation, I've found PDAHut thoroughly good people to deal with. My track record of online ordering this year has been horrendous and I almost swore to never ever order online again. PDAHut had some dispatch/supply issues but speedily resolved them to my satisfaction. I'd order from them again.

Guest tsutton
As a recommendation, I've found PDAHut thoroughly good people to deal with. My track record of online ordering this year has been horrendous and I almost swore to never ever order online again. PDAHut had some dispatch/supply issues but speedily resolved them to my satisfaction. I'd order from them again.

Mine didn't go smoothly.

Short story:

Received an "order dispatched" e-mail last Thursday. Didn't receive it by Monday. E-mailed them to find out. They was sorry about the delay of the delivery and credited me £5.

Today, received one item of two. E-mailed them to double check to see if they posted as two parcel or one. They said they made a mistake and sent me only one item. They was sorry again and confirmed they will send the other item this afternoon. And as a goodwill gesture, they're going to send me a screen protector with it.

While they did make a mistake, they're pretty good with sorting it out quickly.