Kaiser unlock now available from imei-check

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
kaiserunlock3small.jpg
Kaiser user rejoice, an imei-check SIM unlock is now available for your device!

Detailed here at the imei-check site, the unlock involves connecting your device via Activesync and running imei-checks logger before sending them the resulting file and £20 to receive your unlock code ;)

To celebrate the release of the unlock, the first 10 MoDaCo Plus members who forward me their files will receive their unlock FREE OF CHARGE! After the first 10 have been issued, the normal 10% Plus discount will apply.

Enjoy :(

P

Guest tsutton

Hmm, the website says to check the firewall, does it mean it "talks" to their server? If so, I'm out of luck as I'm behind work firewall! :(

So congrs to the first 10 people to get this. ;)

Guest florin_m

It sounds like you use an UNPATCHED Windows XP SP2 installation in combination with ActiveSync4.5 (you never installed any CRITICAL Microsoft BUG fixes).

Windows XP/SP2 has a bug which causes a blue screen/reboot when an application uses ActiveSync4.5 to communicate with a device.

Solution: Use Windows update and install at least the CRITICAL bug fixes or at minimum install this patch from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Guest tsutton

Installed patch, it talks to the phone now.

But it failed, so it's the firewall. And I can't turn it off cos it's work's firewall. lol

Guess I will wait till tonight... unless all 10 has been used up by the end of tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Guest florin_m

Take sd card OUT. Inside the phone MUST have ANY sim card in.

Restart pc, restart phone and start from 0.

Edited by florin_m

Guest Driekus

Not trying to poke the flames back up, but shouldn't your post on the news page say at least something about the whole Florin vs PoF-discussion, Paul? Your saying it's a news page, and I'd say that about imeicheck not doing kaiser unlocks is quite relevant now that they come back from that statement. Not mentioning it kind of makes me move over to the dark side thinking it's either a) a cover up or b ) just ordinary spam from one of the sponsors... which is about what that whole discussion ended up in

Edited by Driekus

Guest Paul (MVP)

Eh? I don't get what you mean?

Without wanting to resurrect that whole discussion again, it seems to me that imei-check have found a way where they retrieve a device dump and then actually do the funky stuff back at base, thereby protecting their IP, as opposed to the old way where the unlock actually happened on the handset.

Not sure how the other post is relevant here really. If giving away 10 unlocks is spam, then bring on more spam I say ;)

P

Guest Driekus
Eh? I don't get what you mean?

Without wanting to resurrect that whole discussion again, it seems to me that imei-check have found a way where they retrieve a device dump and then actually do the funky stuff back at base, thereby protecting their IP, as opposed to the old way where the unlock actually happened on the handset.

Not sure how the other post is relevant here really. If giving away 10 unlocks is spam, then bring on more spam I say ;)

P

Oh come on, Paul. You can't be serious! This is very relevant! And you thought it was relevant when you weren't just informing people there wasn't going to be an unlock solution for the Kaiser from imei-check but also posted florin's rant (which it was) and later on a link to PoF's reply. Not to mention the fact that the topic generated 166 posts in just 36 hours before it was closed. I was sympathetic to the decision to close it since it wasn't about florin or pof anymore, but about you not being fair to both sides of the story when you posted on the news page. And I don't think this topic should go the same way (let's hope mysterious stranger doesn't find this topic :( ), but I can't see how anyone who has followed this story can't see the relevance of it for this topic. I really don't believe that you don't get what I mean. If you say that it's only relevant to tell people that there's a solution and give no background, than according to that rule you shouldn't have mentioned why imeicheck initially refused to do kaiser unlocks. Denying that would in my opinion again jeopardize your reputation as impartial bringer of the news.

Edited by Driekus

Guest Paul (MVP)

Driekus - and this is my last post on the subject - i'm posting about the unlock becoming available, and that there are some to give away. I'm not posting about the history of Kaiser unlocks, people who may or may not unlock Kaisers, other posts related to Kaiser unlocks on MoDaCo, why there wasn't going to be a Kaiser unlock or anything else.

Like I said, I really don't see your point.

P

Guest tsutton

Yay. I was not looking forward with reinstalling all of the software that I just did last night lol.

Phew. ;)

So how long do we wait? Until all 10 spaces are filled up and you send them off?

Just for info, I tried to download the unlock app from their site, and my AV (Nod32) jumped all over it as a threat/trojan....

Will steer clear of this one myself, seems very suspicious that it wants you to turn your firewall off for an app that a good AV prog identifies as a Trojan.....

Just my opinion...

Mike

Guest florin_m

Get a better antivirus then !!! ;)

Scan with any other antivirus or send the software to NOD to be checked for ANYTHING and you'll see it does just what it say on the tin and NOTHING else!

Guest tsutton
Just for info, I tried to download the unlock app from their site, and my AV (Nod32) jumped all over it as a threat/trojan....

Will steer clear of this one myself, seems very suspicious that it wants you to turn your firewall off for an app that a good AV prog identifies as a Trojan.....

My Norton didn't complain. I didn't turn off my firewall.

You worry too much - why would he risk his business to spread trojans?

Guest unclesomebody

It was only a matter of time before imei-check released it. I don't know why no one mentioned this, but kaiser sim unlock has been available through a certain someone on xda-developers for quite some time now (and for less than £20, but more than free!)

Get a better antivirus then !!! :D

Scan with any other antivirus or send the software to NOD to be checked for ANYTHING and you'll see it does just what it say on the tin and NOTHING else!

as I said - just my opinion/experience ;)

NOD32 is the best btw :(

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.