Kaiser unlock now available from imei-check

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Rabbit Rocks

The tip off box does not work , i sent a tip off while on holiday which was never mentioned , took alot of time and gprs costs ( over 400 euros ) only to see it was never posted ;) so its probably better to send the tip off to a site that cares in news like coolsmartphone :(

Guest Paul (MVP)

It cost you over 400 euros to send a tip? Really? All tips we receive are read and evaluated for posting, of course!

Interesting fact - 'Rabbit Rocks' = 'Thumper Net'. Weird.

P

Guest Thumper Net

it cost me alot data to find the info required for the tip off if you looked in the tip off section you would see i spend alot of time sending info and links all was done on a ppc phone and yes data charges abroad are expensive , abit too much really for a 0 response and yes over 400 euros in costs would have been worth it if the posting was done , That was also the reason also i stopped on modaco under thumper net / peekie , have asked ash to delete that acount and ALL the postings as he normally gets things done. this current acount you can also delete if you feel the need to , a shame really i enjoyed being on modaco

Guest Rabbit Rocks

shame i dont have this phone :D i opted for a green htc touch which had a dutch system on it , now its english thanks to dopod :( good luck to the remaining members who get a free unlock ;)

Guest Markda2000
While I have never used T-Mobile's unlocking service, from what I read here and other forums, T-Moble will unlock it within 15 days, which is a long wait, so if you can't wait, then the IMEI-Check service is quicker. Otherwise, you wait until you get it unlocked from T-Mobile.

So, you do really have a choice to pick.

Tmobile actually quote 28 working days which is significantly longer, plus when they unlocked my mda pro they sent it off against the wrong imei code not once but three times, and they send you the unlocking code through the post. I am still waiting for mine to come through the post, I eventually got it verbally over the phone but the whole porcess took 10 weeks and a lot of calls to T, in which i was passed from pillar to post and had to cause 3 escalations before getting it sorted so £20 to Imei check is good value.

Unfortunately I had already paid my £15 to tmob prior to this new coming out. I may however ask for my money back as they have not delivered on this yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest therafiman

I need my Vario III unlocked, are there still free spaces?

Also, I googled "imei-check" and "kaiser" and found this thread on xda-developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...547&page=25

One post says:

---

"Sure, but their program also unnecessarily wrote rubbish to my kaiser's flash memory and that's what can cause a problem whenever I have to send it to HTC service. As they will detect it and possibly void my warranty. Those who tried imei-check should try this:

Code:

pmemdump 0x8c000000 0x100000 dump.bin

(pmemdump is part of itsutils)

Open the file dump.bin in a hexeditor and look at the area around offset 0xAC000

See whether it says this multiple times: "You shall not steal! 22051978"

My phone works normally, but I don't like that they have brandmarked my phone. Now I'm curious whether it's just my device or whether they do it with all."

---

Also a senior member is also posting regularly on that thread saying they can unlock if you make a "donation"...but then forcing donations doesnt seem very honest to me.

I'm getting confused...who can be trusted here, and who can't?

Guest therafiman

10 free promotional unlocks, but no effort at all to reassure a potential customer, and no comments from the people that got those free unlocks.

Maybe that program really is as dodgy as it sounds.

Guest tsutton
10 free promotional unlocks, but no effort at all to reassure a potential customer, and no comments from the people that got those free unlocks.

It works fine for me since I used it.

I am not a noob and have some experience in upgrading. But yesterday having gotten fed up with terribly poor reception and bad call quality, I updated my Orange radio. All seemed right and I have read for at least a week or more everything I could find about the one suggested and recommended update. Cutting a long story short, I network locked my phone. I would NOT have minded as I adore Orange and they have ALWAYS been the BEST company I have been with. BUT! my Kaiser was screwed. I have been having problems with my home phone (thanks BT) so rely heavily on my new Kaiser. I looked everywhere for a solution including the obvious XDAdev. But alas nothing.

Having searched Google I was taken to here at Modaco and BINGO!!!! I paid the £20 and used the file, uploaded it and it worked exactly as it said it would.

Sorry to be long winded in my reply, but I was close to falling apart last night as I had visions of being stuck without a phone. But Madaco saved my neck and phone. And I just wanted to say I am trully grateful for the info on the IMEI / Sim unlock site.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and have a GREAT big WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS.

:(

Guest therafiman

I take back my words - I just paid imei-check and expected to wait, but they send me a working code almost immediately. My Vario III is now fully unlocked. Great service!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.