Remove Tray Icons

Guest fatmcgav

Guest fatmcgav

Hi there,

I've has a search around, but cant find what i'm looking for.

Is there any way i can remove the bottom tray that holds prog icons? On about the one at the very bottom of the screen just above the soft-keys.

Let me know.

Cheers

Gavin W

Guest fatmcgav

I'm not too sure what you mean - is it one of the items defined in your Start>Settings>Personal>Today>Items setup?

I mean the area outlined in the attached image.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gav

post-311948-1193670932_thumb.png

Guest FlangeArtist

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gav

Yep, that's controlled by the "Today Items". I believe that it's the "HTCHomePlug" (or similar as mine is a HTC version, and not an operator branded).

Guest fatmcgav

Yep, that's controlled by the "Today Items". I believe that it's the "HTCHomePlug" (or similar as mine is a HTC version, and not an operator branded).

Hmm, I dont see a HTCHomeplug in the Today items screen - i do see an entry in the registry though... but no enable/disable style keys...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gav

Guest dolbe666

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gav

I know the pocket connector has a tick box to let it show or not show on the icon tray. I'm not sure what the other icon is but check in the programs settings to see if there is a notification setting to allow or disallow icons in hte icon tray

Guest fatmcgav

I know the pocket connector has a tick box to let it show or not show on the icon tray. I'm not sure what the other icon is but check in the programs settings to see if there is a notification setting to allow or disallow icons in hte icon tray

The other one is F-Secure Mobile AV, and i cant see a setting to turn off tray icon.

Any ideas how i could completely disable the tray?

Cheers

Gav

Guest fatmcgav

Search for TrayDislay.

Nope, cant find any reference to Tray or TrayDisplay in the registry.

Any more ideas?

Also, on a side note, my Calendar plugin's disappeared... If i look at it in the registry, there's no DLL entry, whereas messaging, etc there is...

Any ideas what the DLL entry should be?

Cheers

Gavin

Guest MonkeyJug

try pimpmyblack v0.2

racked my brians for days trying to get rid of that space-hogging distraction. pimpmyblack did it for me on my old spv m3100 after i upgraded it to wm6...

Guest fatmcgav
Tray this program.

Nope, no joy...

try pimpmyblack v0.2

racked my brians for days trying to get rid of that space-hogging distraction. pimpmyblack did it for me on my old spv m3100 after i upgraded it to wm6...

Any links for this mate - did look, but cant find it around...

ANyone else?

Cheers

Gav

Linked from >>HERE<<

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days, waiting for someone to come up with a definitive solution

The tray is usually controlled by the app that puts the icon there, if there's nothing to display, you wont get a tray. I see you have the anti-virus running, uninstall that and that's one down. It's just simply not needed. there are no WM virus threats.

Whats the other icon there? can you tap on it to hide the icon - and therefore the tray? can you disable the tray icon in the apps options?

Guest fatmcgav

Linked from >>HERE<<

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days, waiting for someone to come up with a definitive solution

The tray is usually controlled by the app that puts the icon there, if there's nothing to display, you wont get a tray. I see you have the anti-virus running, uninstall that and that's one down. It's just simply not needed. there are no WM virus threats.

Whats the other icon there? can you tap on it to hide the icon - and therefore the tray? can you disable the tray icon in the apps options?

Sweet.

Sounds like a rather strange way of doing it, but it works so i'm all sorted now...

Cheers

Gav

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mbriody

Okay, I'm feeling a bit left out. I don't have and have never had a tray display at the bottom of the screen on my Vario III.

It sounds useful to me - how do I get it to appear?

Sweet.

Sounds like a rather strange way of doing it, but it works so i'm all sorted now...

Cheers

Gav

Guest mbriody

Sorry Paul but was this response for me?

If so I don't have anything called "SOTI". I uninstalled my AV app ages ago.

I'd really like to have a tray display of running apps.

That's the SOTI icon, click it, select configure, and uncheck the tray icon option. The other is AV, which is a waste of time anyway! ;)

P

Guest mbriody

Thanks for the reply.

I took a look at that app but its basically a launcher. I was hoping for something that would display a list of currently running apps to allow you to close or quickly switch to them like the taskbar (or tray) in XP.

Anyone know of such an app?

Guest NuShrike
I took a look at that app but its basically a launcher. I was hoping for something that would display a list of currently running apps to allow you to close or quickly switch to them like the taskbar (or tray) in XP.

Anyone know of such an app?

Wisbar 3 has such an option.