LogMeIn Hamachi virtually VPNs your Windows Mobile device

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bananas78

cool i been using log me in for ages on my machine and use my spv m700 to remote control my pcs.

I have install hamachi on pc and works fine, downloaded the cab for windows mobile, installed

get the error failed to connect to hamachi network adapter

any ideas??

thanks

Unfortunately, https://secure.logmein.com/labs.asp?lang=en says:

I had it working briefly, but i'm not sure what I did and it doesn't want to play now ;)

P

It's actually working just fine for me -- I open up total commander, and goto \\computername, and it prompts me for my (windows) username/pass, and I can access and download all my shared files I have on my desktop

Guest simonastro

hi there

could someone spell out how to configure?

I've got hamachi working fine

would like to get soti to work though it

am configuring soti to look for hamachi IP address 5.xxx.x.xxx etc

but it times out

any ideas

cheers

simonastro

Guest Syphon Filter

I'm not using Hamachi, but bloody hell...

LogMeIn is freaking awesome! The only thing that makes me sad is the Kaiser I use it on only has a resolution of 320x240...if only it was VGA!!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah Syphon Filter, on VGA it's REALLY sweet ;)

simonastro - that's all you should need to do - set up a connection to the IP address. Check on the device that the SOTI client is set to accept incoming TCPIP connections, and IIRC the first time I tried to connect it told me to connect via USB first and setup some security config.

P

Guest Syphon Filter
Yeah Syphon Filter, on VGA it's REALLY sweet ;)

simonastro - that's all you should need to do - set up a connection to the IP address. Check on the device that the SOTI client is set to accept incoming TCPIP connections, and IIRC the first time I tried to connect it told me to connect via USB first and setup some security config.

P

Which device are you using that has VGA?

Almost makes me want to get a Tosh G900 or an E-Ten X800!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Killian

I've been trying to get this working and have come stuck. I have my comp connected to my ppc via Hamachi though it won't let me browse, saying the 'directory' does not exist!

It will let me pm the phone and vice versa. I have a dynamic ip though am using no-ip.com to configure the HFS I use for me and my friends. Could that be a problem?

Hopefully someone can still help!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PDAZealot

Paul, have you ever tried to access resources on another network via your Windows Mobile device? I have the beta client on running on a WinMo 6 device, and a Hamachi client on a work XP system that is behind a firewall and NAT'ed. I would like to set up an IMAP connection on my WM6 device to my work Exchange server, but it is running on another dedicated server in the work network. I have tried enabling local and remote forwarding on the work and WM clients, but it still does not allow a connection to my work IMAP server. Suggestions anyone?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I tried to do that at some point in the past, but it didn't work. I must confess I didn't really look into it (I wanted to use it to access the NAS on my home network)...

P

• 4 months later...
Guest the_fish

hi,

ive got the web n walk flat here too. was the vario on wifi when you went on hamachi? ive tried getting it to run too, but it seems like the tmobile apn drops the connection as soon as i get to "probing". on usb it works fine, but on edge it doesnt... how did you get it working? did you have to set something in preferences??

thx in advance

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest onionstick
A great idea. Thanks for the tip.

I would love to put it to use but https://secure.logmein.com/labs.asp doesn't have the Hamachi for windows mobile cab listed :)

Could someone help me out? :D

For everyone who ran into the same problem as me i found the link elsewhere.

https://secure.logmein.com/labs/hamachi-0.0.3.1.cab

Enjoy :)

Edited by onionstick

• 1 month later...
Guest kogut90

I have the same problem like bananas

'I have install hamachi on pc and works fine, downloaded the cab for windows mobile, installed 

get the error failed to connect to hamachi network adapter

any ideas??'

My device is HTC Kaiser. Any help?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.