Photo

TomTom 6 and a holux 240 on an i-mate spl.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mark A Butcher

Mark A Butcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:I-mate spl and eten X-500
Has anyone had any luck running TomTom 6 on an spl? I can get TomTom to load and run and link a Holux slim 240 gps reciever to the spl via bluetooth. The problem is that TomTom dosn't seem to see the gps reciever! Any help appreciated, please email me at [removed].

Mark

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,335 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I removed your email address from your post for your own good.

I'd recommend TT5 on a Smartphone, or even better a supported app such as CoPilot!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

slimgym

slimgym

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:iPhone, E51
I wasn't sure whether CoPilot was compatible with non-touchscreen models - I had a look on the ALK website, none of the phones in the drop down are keypad models ;) I see V7 is now out, I'd love to try it but unlike US ALK, the UK side doesn't offer you a 30 day money back guarantee.

I have read people who've got TomTom6 going on non-touchscreen smartphones but it sounds like a pain - you have to use software cursor utilities to do so and apparently entering addresses can take ages as a result!!

marekaq

marekaq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yes you r right, the 6 version of tom tom doesn't work. It is impossible to insert a destination, or you can use a keyboard emulator, impossibile to use, too slow for digiting.... The 5-th version is better but now the new maps are incompatible so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users