Questions about HP IPAQ 610

Guest spider

HP Customer service just called and their feedback was they acknowledged that the Sandisk 1GB and 2GB don't work, there was an incompatibility problem and the solution was to replace the sd card with a different brands, when I heard that feedback, the first thing I said "so there is no solution"! and then it kind of gave me the opportunity to express my feelings freely ;)

I won't get into it any more but lets put it this way, the guy said he will escalate this issue again. I pretty much told them they need to come up with a patch, how can HP release a PDA that is incompatible with one of the most popular brands, I seriously couldn't buy any other brand in my city, they are all Sandisk everywhere.

I do hope they come up with a real solution (i.e patch) I doubt it though but I won't make them go away easy.

@nobtiba1

I am not sure if this will help or not but here are my default keyboard reg settings

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]

"AllowChange"=dword:00000001

"SuggWords"=dword:00000000

"SuggAutoCorr"=dword:00000000

"DefaultIm"="{42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}"

"MenuBarHeight"=dword:0000001A

"DragStyle"=dword:00000000

"SuggTypedBon"=dword:00000004

"SuggPrevPen"=dword:0000000F

"SuggMapBon"=dword:0000000F

"SuggCorrPen"=dword:0000001E

"SuggTwoCharPen"=dword:00000001

"SuggOneCharPen"=dword:00000005

"SuggDynWordBon"=dword:0000000C

"SuggWordLenMin"=dword:00000004

"SuggContDictCount"=dword:0000001F

"SuggSpell"=dword:00000001

"SuggSpace"=dword:00000001

"SuggWeight"=dword:00000000

"SuggChars"=dword:00000000

I have attached "Reset Keyboard.cab" which is what u see above, maybe that will help I don't know, worst case scenario is you do a clean boot (i.e default recovery)

but make sure you backup everything first.

cheers.

Reset_Keyboard.cab

Guest nobtiba1
HP Customer service just called and their feedback was they acknowledged that the Sandisk 1GB and 2GB don't work, there was an incompatibility problem and the solution was to replace the sd card with a different brands, when I heard that feedback, the first thing I said "so there is no solution"! and then it kind of gave me the opportunity to express my feelings freely ;)

I won't get into it any more but lets put it this way, the guy said he will escalate this issue again. I pretty much told them they need to come up with a patch, how can HP release a PDA that is incompatible with one of the most popular brands, I seriously couldn't buy any other brand in my city, they are all Sandisk everywhere.

I do hope they come up with a real solution (i.e patch) I doubt it though but I won't make them go away easy.

@nobtiba1

I am not sure if this will help or not but here are my default keyboard reg settings

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]

"AllowChange"=dword:00000001

"SuggWords"=dword:00000000

"SuggAutoCorr"=dword:00000000

"DefaultIm"="{42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}"

"MenuBarHeight"=dword:0000001A

"DragStyle"=dword:00000000

"SuggTypedBon"=dword:00000004

"SuggPrevPen"=dword:0000000F

"SuggMapBon"=dword:0000000F

"SuggCorrPen"=dword:0000001E

"SuggTwoCharPen"=dword:00000001

"SuggOneCharPen"=dword:00000005

"SuggDynWordBon"=dword:0000000C

"SuggWordLenMin"=dword:00000004

"SuggContDictCount"=dword:0000001F

"SuggSpell"=dword:00000001

"SuggSpace"=dword:00000001

"SuggWeight"=dword:00000000

"SuggChars"=dword:00000000

I have attached "Reset Keyboard.cab" which is what u see above, maybe that will help I don't know, worst case scenario is you do a clean boot (i.e default recovery)

but make sure you backup everything first.

cheers.

I downloaded the .cab, installed, reboot. Now my registry exactly the same yours. Unfortunately the kepad still input only numbers, "space bar" no respond ... so sad mama, manufacture reboot will kill my time and not sure after installing all the programs will this happend again, bacause i think one of my program installed changed the registry and cause this. The problem is don't know where in the registry to make change .... :wacko:(

I downloaded the .cab, installed, reboot. Now my registry exactly the same yours. Unfortunately the kepad still input only numbers, "space bar" no respond ... so sad mama, manufacture reboot will kill my time and not sure after installing all the programs will this happend again, bacause i think one of my program installed changed the registry and cause this. The problem is don't know where in the registry to make change .... ;) (

hmm, did you do a reset? also what program was that? I am pretty confident if you do a clean boot, the problem will go away but its just the hasle of installing everything again.

Also for future reference, you should use a backup software, like SPB Clone or Sprite Clone (I perfer Sprite Clone). so that once you have done a clean boot and perfected your PDA with all important data + settings you can simply make a backup of it. then at a later stage if you wana install any dodgy programs or stuff up ur PDA, it will not be a problem to restore the perfect image in minutes.

Cheers

I have created one more cab for you, if this one doesn't do the job, then I don't know what will aside from a clean boot.

inside the zip file, you will see the cab and I also kept the reg file just so you see what is changing. you must do a reset after executing the cab file.

cheers.

ResetKeyboardSettings.zip

Edited by Will.x

Guest nobtiba1
I have created one more cab for you, if this one doesn't do the job, then I don't know what will aside from a clean boot.

inside the zip file, you will see the cab and I also kept the reg file just so you see what is changing. you must do a reset after executing the cab file.

cheers.

Hi, i download zip file and install the .cab file then soft reset. It is no change. So i guess i have to reboot and install all the program again. I asked my problem around the net (even HP business forums) and google... but no solution at all.

Thank you very much for suggestion of SPB Clone or Sprite Clone. It is really the program i need. I will use it next time to save my time ...

Guest nobtiba1

Hi, i do the clean reboot. Now i can type sms by keypad. And i may figure out the problem come from the "disable T9.cab" that i install. (I think i download it from some previous post.) Because after installing it when i use the keyboard i cant see xt9 appear, then the keypad only input numbers. Now, when i type sms i can see xt9, then can input characters.

However, the bad is, it always has suggestion now. (Even if i untick: suggestion, world compleation etc in setting\system\input...) It is really slow down my messaging because i dont use english word. No suggestion suite for me. I dont need suggestion, just let me do simple sms input for example: press key 2 one time for 'a', two times for 'b', three times for 'c', four times for '2' etc. That is the best thing for me.

Do you have any suggestion for this? i don't think i dare install "disable xt9.cab" again ;)

And do you know what "disable t9.cab" do ? Then i dont need to reinstall all my programs, i made a clone of my ppc by spb clone, just restore the image and change the registry where "disable t9.cab" changed and get my keypad work again ..m

Edited by nobtiba1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nobtiba1

Hi,

I just bought a new Sandisk 4gb micro SDHC (class 2). My ipaq 612 c totally does not recognize the card ! ;) Any body can use this type of card with this model before ? Please help me ! Long time waitting for this card to come but now feel so disappointed !

What exactly 4 gb card can be used for Ipaq 612 c ?

Thanks alot for help!

Guest nobtiba1

Hi any 612 c user can come here and tell me what 4Gb card could be used, please ! I tried this Sandisk 4gb micro SDHC card (class 2) on HTC and it recognized well ! So the card no problem, just does not suitable for this ipaq 612c. Need your comments !!!

Hi, i do the clean reboot. Now i can type sms by keypad. And i may figure out the problem come from the "disable T9.cab" that i install. (I think i download it from some previous post.) Because after installing it when i use the keyboard i cant see xt9 appear, then the keypad only input numbers. Now, when i type sms i can see xt9, then can input characters.

However, the bad is, it always has suggestion now. (Even if i untick: suggestion, world compleation etc in setting\system\input...) It is really slow down my messaging because i dont use english word. No suggestion suite for me. I dont need suggestion, just let me do simple sms input for example: press key 2 one time for 'a', two times for 'b', three times for 'c', four times for '2' etc. That is the best thing for me.

Do you have any suggestion for this? i don't think i dare install "disable xt9.cab" again ;)

And do you know what "disable t9.cab" do ? Then i dont need to reinstall all my programs, i made a clone of my ppc by spb clone, just restore the image and change the registry where "disable t9.cab" changed and get my keypad work again ..m

disable tx9 cab works on the 600 & to use you're language you can try this apphttp://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17036edit the XML file and your good to work with eng& you're language good luck

Guest nobtiba1
disable tx9 cab works on the 600 & to use you're language you can try this apphttp://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17036edit the XML file and your good to work with eng& you're language good luck

Hi i got the keyboard work well already, can input character in simple way ;). But my question here is about the storage card, what type of 4gb card could work on ipaq 612c ?

Thanks for replying !

Hi i got the keyboard work well already, can input character in simple way ;) . But my question here is about the storage card, what type of 4gb card could work on ipaq 612c ?

Thanks for replying !

I use sdhc 8G card ,if you are thinking of getting xda wm6.1 so you must have also a nun sdhc cardthe 8G working grate and in israel the prices of 8G are very low so I have never tried less then thatbtw- do you use the app from my link for your keyboard support ?

Edited by EREZYAD

Guest nobtiba1
I use sdhc 8G card ,if you are thinking of getting xda wm6.1 so you must have also a nun sdhc cardthe 8G working grate and in israel the prices of 8G are very low so I have never tried less then thatbtw- do you use the app from my link for your keyboard support ?

I heard that 612c support 2gb card only, any storage larger is base on luck. My scandisk 4gb micro SDHC card working fine in another mobile (HTC) but not in mine ipaq, so i was unlucky .. ;)

For the keyboard, yes, something wrong happen to it then i do factory restore, after that use your program for disable default T9 to make ABC as default input setting, so i don't have to choose it again next time i type sms.

I heard that 612c support 2gb card only, any storage larger is base on luck. My scandisk 4gb micro SDHC card working fine in another mobile (HTC) but not in mine ipaq, so i was unlucky .. :wacko:

For the keyboard, yes, something wrong happen to it then i do factory restore, after that use your program for disable default T9 to make ABC as default input setting, so i don't have to choose it again next time i type sms.

all my friend got the 8G card with no problem

i heard of problems with some 4G card but never heard of problems with the 8G ;)

anyway ,best thing is to go to a local store & check the card before you buy it

Edited by EREZYAD

Guest nobtiba1
all my friend got the 8G card with no problem

i heard of problems with some 4G card but never heard of problems with the 8G ;)

anyway ,best thing is to go to a local store & check the card before you buy it

It is hardly to see 8gb card here in Singapore. But i will try to find it. So you know some people can use SanDisk 8 gb micro SDHC card on Ipaq 612 c ? Is there any other brand of 8 gb micro SDHC that could work on this device (eg. Kingston, etc.)? Do we need to pay attention on the class (class 2 or 4 or 6)?

I need precise information to try a new one. Thank you .

Edited by nobtiba1

Guest EREZYAD
So you know some people can use SanDisk 8 gb micro SDHC card on Ipaq 612 c ?

i for myself use one on my 614c (we use the 614c, dont have the 612)

i dont think you will have problems but best thing is testing ;)

Guest makoantz
It is hardly to see 8gb card here in Singapore. But i will try to find it. So you know some people can use SanDisk 8 gb micro SDHC card on Ipaq 612 c ? Is there any other brand of 8 gb micro SDHC that could work on this device (eg. Kingston, etc.)? Do we need to pay attention on the class (class 2 or 4 or 6)?

I need precise information to try a new one. Thank you .

Mine's a 612c from Singapore too. I have tried the following:

1.) Sandisk 8Gb SDHC class 6 -> Cannot be detected

2.) Sandisk 2Gb SD -> Can be detected, but detected as full (even if empty). So it also cannot be used.

3.) Kingston 2Gb SD -> Working. I'm using this now.

Guest nobtiba1
Mine's a 612c from Singapore too. I have tried the following:

2.) Sandisk 2Gb SD -> Can be detected, but detected as full (even if empty). So it also cannot be used.

Hi, did you mean Kingston 2Gb micro SD works (because 612c use micro card)? And do you think Kingston 4Gb micro SDHC will work ? (4 gb will be prefer coz i think 2 gb still a little bit small).

I am also in Singapore but i do not know what place i can try the card before buying. I often order via internet because Simlim and other places often more expensive ...

Guest makoantz
Hi, did you mean Kingston 2Gb micro SD works (because 612c use micro card)? And do you think Kingston 4Gb micro SDHC will work ? (4 gb will be prefer coz i think 2 gb still a little bit small).

I am also in Singapore but i do not know what place i can try the card before buying. I often order via internet because Simlim and other places often more expensive ...

Not sure about the 4Gb kingston...but micro SD cards are quite cheap now. Bought the 2Gb for SGD8 only. 4Gb should be in the range of about SGD20.

Got a Sandisk 8GB sdhc class 4 card and it is not recognised.

On the exspansys uk forums where I bought the 614c, it seems some people have the same card and it works

go figure....?

Guest nobtiba1
Not sure about the 4Gb kingston...but micro SD cards are quite cheap now. Bought the 2Gb for SGD8 only. 4Gb should be in the range of about SGD20.

The price is not a problem here. We are discussing about type and branch that could be used ...(for 4gb and 8gb card). 2gb card surely should be recognized correctly!

So if you have or know any 4 gb, 8gb micro card that could work well (or could not) on 612 c please share your experience here and put detail information (branch, type ... eg. Kingston, micro SDHC 4gb ..)

Thanks !

Guest makoantz
The price is not a problem here. We are discussing about type and branch that could be used ...(for 4gb and 8gb card). 2gb card surely should be recognized correctly!

So if you have or know any 4 gb, 8gb micro card that could work well (or could not) on 612 c please share your experience here and put detail information (branch, type ... eg. Kingston, micro SDHC 4gb ..)

Thanks !

Understand. What I meant is that the price is too cheap that you can just go ahead and buy (and try later if it works). I bought all these three types to ensure that I have a fall back in case one will not work. And true, No.1 and No.2 did not work for me, only No.3. Did not bother to try a 4Gb Kingston anymore.

Guest nobtiba1

Good information ! Thank you mokoantz ! Thank you all !

So i have will try 2Gb Kingston first, may be its could be "enough" (compare to 1Gb using now ;)( ). The price one offering me is : 13 SGD (card + 2 adapters) + 2 SGD post mail = 15 SGD.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EREZYAD
Hi,

I just bought a new Sandisk 4gb micro SDHC (class 2). My ipaq 612 c totally does not recognize the card ! :lol: Any body can use this type of card with this model before ? Please help me ! Long time waitting for this card to come but now feel so disappointed !

What exactly 4 gb card can be used for Ipaq 612 c ?

Thanks alot for help!

can you try to install SDHC cab and then test with your 4G card?

there is one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344338

you can googel for more cabs like this one

good luck

First I try to install SDHC cab (My ipaq 614c does not recognize the SanDisk 8GB micro SDHC class 4 card) and then there was problem with wifi and ipaq 614c cannot start up, so I have to do a hard reset.

Now I bought a new Kingston 8GB micro SDHC class 4 and it works perfect.... :lol: