spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:SPV, cell phones, electronic stuff
  • Devices:HP IPAQ 614C

spider: Please could you write in your opinion: how strong is brightness and lighting of display and how is 614c loud when you calling. Thank you so much :D

brightness is actually quite good.. right now I have it set to half power and it is clearly visible in daylight. also there is a brightness setting for both battery power and for mains power. keyboard color is blue and seems to be non adjustable but it is not very bright which suits me well as I tend to get tired eyes if it is too bright. however one thing that puzzles me is that there are no lights in the softkeys.. quite odd... but of course you can feel them in the darkness :-)

the volume can be turned up quite high.... almost to the point were it is distorted... which is a bit to much actually. the sound for the ringtones thoug is quite low but then again then the standard ringtones really sucks... I will definitely replace them with my own... maybe they will seem louder.

hope that helps ;-)

Private: latest models: SE P900 --> SPV C 550 --> HP Ipaq 614C

Work: latest models: Qtek 8310 --> HTC S710 --> HTC Hero

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Ok! Could you please tell me the result, when you checked some apps? That would be nice! :D

will do :-)

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
if any of you have experience or know were to find information about implementing a XT9 language pack to WinMo Pro I would like to know. I tried to use a winMo std, but couldn't get it to work and the reg tweak that needs to be done seems to be different on Win Mo Pro due to different file structure comparing the Win Mo std.

Tried to search the forum as well, but no luck :(

So any info would be great (specially if it is including Danish language pack)

Thanks a million :D

TopDog812

TopDog812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Unfortunately I can't tell you something about T9.

But I have another question about the D-Pad:

Do you have to touch the keys for navigation like the touch wheel or can you press them for navigation, too?

I hope, you understood my question.

Greetings,
TopDog812

Spree

Spree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:mpx200

brightness is actually quite good.. right now I have it set to half power and it is clearly visible in daylight. also there is a brightness setting for both battery power and for mains power. keyboard color is blue and seems to be non adjustable but it is not very bright which suits me well as I tend to get tired eyes if it is too bright. however one thing that puzzles me is that there are no lights in the softkeys.. quite odd... but of course you can feel them in the darkness :-)

the volume can be turned up quite high.... almost to the point were it is distorted... which is a bit to much actually. the sound for the ringtones thoug is quite low but then again then the standard ringtones really sucks... I will definitely replace them with my own... maybe they will seem louder.

hope that helps ;-)

spider: Please, did you already test your own ringtones? Play they louder?
And about brightness: "quite good" Did you mean that brihtness could be better?
Thanx

Edited by Spree, 02 March 2008 - 04:06 PM.

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Blade+Tab+OT918D

spider: Please could you write in your opinion: how strong is brightness and lighting of display and how is 614c loud when you calling. Thank you so much :D

Hi all,

I got a iPAQ 614c sice last week. After 1 week, I can tell you : this baby ROCKS ....

Screen : Sharp, clear, exellent playback with TCPMP

Sound : soft, speaker is located on the back

GSM : as good as it gets ; speakerphone rather quiet ; BT headset (Jabra BT500) amplifies VERY good ( on the edge of causing ear-damage)

GPS : first fix took some time, tested with VisualGPSce, Navio, TomTom 6 : rocksolid always 8-9 satelites in view and in use

Camera : sucks (see attachment) ; funny : the 'mirror' on the back for selfportraits is rather good

Smart Wheel : WOW, acts like a touchpad, without taking the place of it.

Keypad : needs real pressing, not for weak fly-overs

WM 6 : needs tweaking :(

Hope this helps,

Dirk

Attached Files

Alcatel OT918D Blaze (dual SIM)

Samsung Galaxy Tab (the original)

ZTE San Francisco Moldovan MHMP r6 + Solidchips Bootanimation

iPAQ
614c - WM 6.5_5.2.21501 AKU 5.0.70 WWE with minor tweaks (radio gone)

iPAQ hx4700 - WM 6.1_5.2.20764 AKU 1.1.1 WWE (layed to rest)

Spree

Spree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
dirlan2001: "Spekarephone rather quiet"? spider wrote that the volume is pretty high... :D

TopDog812

TopDog812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Smart Wheel : WOW, acts like a touchpad, without taking the place of it.

Did you already tested it with 3rd party applications and Java tools/games? Does the Smart Wheel/D-Pad work with them correctly?

I hope you can help me! Because I think its really needed in some applications and Java games to navigate to the right and the left.

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

dirlan2001: "Spekarephone rather quiet"? spider wrote that the volume is pretty high... :D

Yep, with the volume at 100% it's quiet, compared to my V3xx, that is. As I pointed out : the speaker is on the backside, so when your phone is on your desk, the sound is baffled.

I need also to add : the stylus is located in a very akward place : left bottom. This means : if you're righthanded and you need to pick your stylus from the phone in your left hand, you'll need acrobatic lessons.

Dirk

iPAQ

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Did you already tested it with 3rd party applications and Java tools/games? Does the Smart Wheel/D-Pad work with them correctly?

I hope you can help me! Because I think its really needed in some applications and Java games to navigate to the right and the left.

Not really.... My main use for this phone is navigation and telephony. I tested Opera Mini, but it didn't want to connect over WiFi. On the other hand : Yahoo Go2 works very well. I don't have games installed : if I want action, I go out for a walk in the woods :D
I've TomTom 6, OziExplorer, WiFiFofum, VisualGPSce,Vito AudioNotes, Esmertec Jbed, HandyConverter, Engineering Calculator, Office 6.1, OneNote Mobile, pmClean, PocketRAR, ResInfo, TCPMP, tMan, Total Commander, Schap's Advanced Config, Resco Keyboard, Tillano PocketNotepad, Best Regedit, .... running on it without any problem.

PageFile set to 4 MB, NetCF 3.5 set as default, and some other reg-tweaks inherited from XDA-dev hx4700 forum ....

Cheers,

Dirk

iPAQ

TopDog812

TopDog812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I've TomTom 6, OziExplorer, WiFiFofum, VisualGPSce,Vito AudioNotes, Esmertec Jbed, HandyConverter, Engineering Calculator, Office 6.1, OneNote Mobile, pmClean, PocketRAR, ResInfo, TCPMP, tMan, Total Commander, Schap's Advanced Config, Resco Keyboard, Tillano PocketNotepad, Best Regedit, .... running on it without any problem.

Spider wrote, that you can navigate left and right by touching the keys 4 or 6.
Does that work in these programs (for example Total Commander or OneNote Mobile)?

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Spider wrote, that you can navigate left and right by touching the keys 4 or 6.
Does that work in these programs (for example Total Commander or OneNote Mobile)?

You can use the smartwheel to scroll left-right, up-down, yes. It works in all programs I use so far. Best in combination with the 'OK' and 'Enter' buttons. The '5' touch-button seems not to respond..... but that might be me.

iPAQ

Spree

Spree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yep, with the volume at 100% it's quiet, compared to my V3xx, that is. As I pointed out : the speaker is on the backside, so when your phone is on your desk, the sound is baffled.

I need also to add : the stylus is located in a very akward place : left bottom. This means : if you're righthanded and you need to pick your stylus from the phone in your left hand, you'll need acrobatic lessons.

Dirk

But when you normally calling through ear (without handsfree or loudspeaker) it's OK or volume is low?

Edited by Spree, 02 March 2008 - 10:30 PM.

TopDog812

TopDog812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You can use the smartwheel to scroll left-right, up-down, yes. It works in all programs I use so far. Best in combination with the 'OK' and 'Enter' buttons. The '5' touch-button seems not to respond..... but that might be me.

Wonderful! Thank you!

But what happens, if you write a sms?
Everytime you press a key, you inevitable touch the Smart Wheel. Does that makes the cursor jumping around during typing? :D

Edited by TopDog812, 03 March 2008 - 08:25 AM.

dimaka_ua

dimaka_ua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi dirlan2001!
Could you take some photos outside, on the sun?  :D
Have you tried Skype?

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Wonderful! Thank you!

But what happens, if you write a sms?
Everytime you press a key, you inevitable touch the Smart Wheel. Does that makes the cursor jumping around during typing? :(

actually I thought of the same problem, but I have not seen it as a problem so far...the cursor will not jump around as one would think, however I have come across that some times it jump a bit when, by mistake I scroll the "wheel", but I guess it is just a matter of getting used to not to scroll when texting, but under normal circumstances I don't have the problem.

The manual also states that the wheel can be turned off by pressing the OK button for a period of time, but it does not work on mine :D I can only turn it of in my settings, but then you will have to go trough menus and stuff, which is not very convenient

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

the 5 button is your "reference point". It works like putting your finger on that ref. point and the drag to the left, right, up or down. If the finger does not start on 5 the wheel does not recognize it as a Dpad....that is how I see it... other than that 5 does not have any mechanical function (other than acting as number 5 and the letters on the key :D )

The OK button and the ENTER button is essential to close the window (OK button used!!) and to select an item (ENTER is used) once you have scrolled to that item. The wheel can not be used for these two functions.

Hope this makes is clearer :(

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

i just tested INFORMANT 2007 Rev 5 with the wheel and it works quite good. All functions and menus could be selected and worked. Though of course some of the things are easier done with the stylus, like settings colors, but other than that it works great. I can created appointments and edit etc by use of the wheel. Also I tried some app. which was actually meant for the WinMo standard (mobile phone) meaning that the display was not showing off correctly but still the Wheel worked like a charm..

So I guess the conclusion is that the Wheel works with 3rd part app as well :D

khizrs

khizrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MDA
hmm

http://www.dabs.com/...F/PCSavings.pdf

£50 cashback if you buy from a preferred partner which these look like they are