2 replies to this topic

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
My other smartphone, the T-Mobile Dash had great call quality, land-line quality. The Shadow is great overall -- the interface, screen, features, etc -- but not the call quality.

Talking with someone today, she said I sounded 'echo-y' like I was in a bathroom or something. Should could understand everything I said fine. I mentioned 'it must just sound like I'm calling from a cellphone' and her response was 'no, it's not quite that good'

On my end, I can hear the caller fine -- but it fades in and out a bit. The other caller sounds a little 'digitized'; definitely not loud 'n clear like on the Dash.

Is call quality something that can be improved with a firmware update?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
It is, generally updates to the Radio stack can improve call quality.

Might be worth checking you don't have a faulty device tho too, if it's that bad? Is the signal strength showing what you would expect?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
Signal strength is OK -- not as good as the Dash though. The Dash shows 4 bars in a lot of places the Shadow will come up with 2 or 3...

It is, generally updates to the Radio stack can improve call quality.

Might be worth checking you don't have a faulty device tho too, if it's that bad? Is the signal strength showing what you would expect?

P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users