Not Digitally Signed with a Trusted Certificate

Guest nipplecrippler

Guest nipplecrippler

alert

Access denied. The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is the error message I see when I try to run the .exe file to install tomtom onto my i600's storage card.

My friend says from his reading on this message it indicates the phone is only partially unlocked. I've used stacra's SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

I have also used this unlock tool . When installing this tool I am not able to follow the instructions properly.

Instructions...
  1. Download and unzip this file
  2. create a shortcut to the file in the same folder or wherever you like.
  3. Right click on the shortcut that you just created and goto the compatibility tab. Check the box “run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows XP SP2. Click ok.
  4. Launch the shortcut and follow the instructions.

Step 3 says to right click the - shortcut >> properties >> compatability >> run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP2

But as you can see I have no XP SP2 option, even though my pc is running XP Pro SP2 -

pda1.jpg

So, what I then do is just run the application and it appears to install.

My phone is unlocked enough to have updated to WM6, so it is at least partially unlocked.

The tomtom app still gives me that error message, so I then tried stacra's RegistryWorkshop.zip suggestion, here he says -

you need to make a registry change to the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000101a

change the value to "1" and this will allow you to install unsigned apps without the prompt. You should be able to install unsigned apps anyway the only difference is wether or not you are asked if you want to allow it

I successfully used the Registry Workshop to edit my key to a value of "1" but after rebooting phone I am still unable to run this exe file (same error message). And I just checked and the value is definitely "1".

I'm a bit frustrated but really want to get tomtom happening on my phone <_<

Am I only partially unlocked? Is this the problem, and if so could someone please guide me on how to fully unlock it?

Thanks.

It looks like it's a Microsft OS problem. Try to say "yes" at the moment of installation. That's what I do all the time when I install an APP on my mobile WM6 and got the notification that the prgram it's not certified. Hope it works.

Edited by X500+

Guest nipplecrippler

Yeah, well there is no option to say yes, it is the error message at the top of the thread and that's all.

At that point all I can do is click OK to continue, which closes the alert notification and takes me back to looking at the exe program.