Off to get a Vario 3

Guest Kimbie

Well I have made my mind up, going to go to a T-Mobile shop and get a Vario 3 at lunch.

Fed up of waiting for o2 to pull their finger out and release the Tytn II

Kimbie

Well I have made my mind up, going to go to a T-Mobile shop and get a Vario 3 at lunch.

Fed up of waiting for o2 to pull their finger out and release the Tytn II

Kimbie

Latest update I had was for the 26th November. Give the XDA line a call - not sure of it off the top of my head but it's on the my-xda.com website.

I can't do anything until Jan when my upgrade is due. However, it's worth bearing in mind that with the iPhone you can now get an unlimited data tarrif for silly cheap. I can't see how they're not going to roll something similar out to the rest of their customers soon.

Just spoke to o2 and they were hoping to launch end of this month but its been delayed now.

iphone data package is unlimted because with the edge network you wont reach the set limit on it, where you will with 3G data

Also o2s 3g network is still lagging behind T-Mobile by a fair margin.

Also the fact that everyone has cross minutes now doesnt really make much of a difference to me, also at least I can use VOIP properly (yes I know i need w&w plus for that)

I also couldnt see the phone on my-xda.com

Kimbie

Edited by Kimbie

Guest Transform

so are o2 bringing out the Tytn? If they are it would be good for me being on o2 already and save me having to mess about changing networks. maybe i'll wait if its true and not bother moving to t-mobile.

only thing is, do o2 have their own version of the web'n'walk that t-mobile have?

only thing is, do o2 have their own version of the web'n'walk that t-mobile have?

Currently yes

£7.50 200mb fair usage

£25 + VAT unlimited fair usage

TMobile

£7.50 1Gb fair usage

£12.50 unlimited (3b) fair usage can use with VOIP

Kimbie

Nice one, Kimbie!

So far very impressed with it, the ui is not tmobiled at all, its the black HTC screen, dialpad etc and it ran the customisations.

Seems nice and quick. Just a pain 3g on it isnt working yet, but thats no big deal really at the moment, need to wait on my mem card first

Just need to wait for the pin to coem through now, i did the online check so should arrive soon

Nooooooooooooooooo i have a stuck pixel, whats T-Mobiles view on this? Can I take it back to the store and swap it over?

Kimbie

Edited by Kimbie

So far very impressed with it, the ui is not tmobiled at all, its the black HTC screen, dialpad etc and it ran the customisations.

Seems nice and quick. Just a pain 3g on it isnt working yet, but thats no big deal really at the moment, need to wait on my mem card first

Just need to wait for the pin to coem through now, i did the online check so should arrive soon

Nooooooooooooooooo i have a stuck pixel, whats T-Mobiles view on this? Can I take it back to the store and swap it over?

Kimbie

You should have a 14 day no quibble money back guarentee.....take it back and take out a new contract :-D

That or it should be covered under warrenty.

Just spoke to the guy i got it from in the shop, said fine to exchange it tomorrow ;)

With regards to getting it free, the sales guy said if I take the insurance which I can then cancel before 14 days he can do the phone for free, now who am I to argue with that :( Also I think he offered that due to how i bought the phone, I rang up the store asked if they had it in stock, got his name, went into the store fended off 2 other sales staff while I waited for him to finish with another customer.

Kimbie

Edited by Kimbie

I tried to get on in store last weekend, they wouldn't give any of the deals that you read about ;) But several people have said you only get the discount price when they put it through the till when you sing the contract. Suppose I could sign up then cancel if they fail to give the discount price.

Well took it into the shop today, took 10 mins from showing them the problem to the new one coming out of the back all setup and working. Now to get my 3G to work.

I was told by the sales guy on the phone that I can use VOIP on the WnW plus which I am going to need to upgrade since you cant get HSDPA on standard wnw however this is not mentioned anywhere.

Also just ordered 6gb memory card with reader so that should arrive tomorrow

Right off to find the essential kaiser apps thread

Kimbie

Guest Phil Lee
I was told by the sales guy on the phone that I can use VOIP on the WnW plus which I am going to need to upgrade since you cant get HSDPA on standard wnw however this is not mentioned anywhere

I'm afraid he is wrong. The T&Cs only permit VOIP usage on the WnW Max.

I'm afraid he is wrong. The T&Cs only permit VOIP usage on the WnW Max.

You were correct but no big deal for me, I can use Skype over wifi.

Well spoke to technical support to get my HSDPA setup, had to upgrade my account to web and walk plus which was fine, mentioned as not told this in store, so got it added along with £5 discount for 18months, so im on flext35 with web n walk plus for £37 a month so well chuffed with the outcome.

Regards

Kimbie

Guest dolbe666
Well spoke to technical support to get my HSDPA setup, had to upgrade my account to web and walk plus which was fine, mentioned as not told this in store, so got it added along with £5 discount for 18months, so im on flext35 with web n walk plus for £37 a month so well chuffed with the outcome.

Regards

Kimbie

actually they told your wrong about HSPDA havig to need wnw plus. ive got the standard wnw and had HSPDA enabled with a simple phone call with no extra cost. come to think of it they never gave you wnw plus to begin with. wnw plus is £19/month standard wnw is £7.50 so they had you on standard wnw all along. did you have the web-n-walk before you asked for HSPDA?

actually they told your wrong about HSPDA havig to need wnw plus. ive got the standard wnw and had HSPDA enabled with a simple phone call with no extra cost. come to think of it they never gave you wnw plus to begin with. wnw plus is £19/month standard wnw is £7.50 so they had you on standard wnw all along. did you have the web-n-walk before you asked for HSPDA?

If you signed a contract before the 19th of October this year you get HSDPA on your wnw. After that date you need wnw+ which is £12.50 a month but I had a £5 discount applied since the shop guy didn't tell me about this, so I get wnw+ for the price of wnw.

So I signed up for Flext 35 + web'n'walk (18 months) which is £37.50/month had I taken out wnw+ at the start it would have been £42.50 but since I was not told about the standard wnw not having HSDPA so when I contacted tech support today, they applied a 18month £5 discount giving me wnw+ on the Flext 35 for £37.50

Mine was a brand new connection I have not been with TMobile since they were called one2one

Kimbie

You're more than a little inaccurate. Web and Walk is £7.50. Web and Walk Plus is £12.50.

With new contracts, HSPDA is explicitly only available on Web and Walk Plus. Other people have tried it and failed. This happened a month or less ago.

Guest dolbe666
If you signed a contract before the 19th of October this year you get HSDPA on your wnw. After that date you need wnw+ which is £12.50 a month but I had a £5 discount applied since the shop guy didn't tell me about this, so I get wnw+ for the price of wnw.

So I signed up for Flext 35 + web'n'walk (18 months) which is £37.50/month had I taken out wnw+ at the start it would have been £42.50 but since I was not told about the standard wnw not having HSDPA so when I contacted tech support today, they applied a 18month £5 discount giving me wnw+ on the Flext 35 for £37.50

Mine was a brand new connection I have not been with TMobile since they were called one2one

Kimbie

wnw ahs gone from £750 to £12.50? that must be fore new customers.

I just went into a t-mobile shop with my girlfriend to get her upgrade the vario III she was quoted £229 for the phone with her current wnw 25 for £32/month which was rediculous for a person that spends over £50 a month on two contracts. so we said we wont upgrade and will go with orange and get the tytnII. they dont appreciate customers staying with t-moble so they have lost a customer and two contracts now

wnw ahs gone from £750 to £12.50? that must be fore new customers.

NO! Read again. He said w&w+

Web and Walk Plus.

Because he wanted HSPDA.

I just went into a t-mobile shop with my girlfriend to get her upgrade the vario III she was quoted £229 for the phone with her current wnw 25 for £32/month which was rediculous for a person that spends over £50 a month on two contracts. so we said we wont upgrade and will go with orange and get the tytnII. they dont appreciate customers staying with t-moble so they have lost a customer and two contracts now

Wow what a lot of effort you put in before giving up. People have ended up getting phone for hardly anything as an upgrade just by ringing up a couple of times.

From what I've heard, they care a lot about getting you to stay. But if you just wander into a shop with a low end contract and not trying they're not going to hand it to you on a plate. They have to make money from the idiots who don't mind paying that you see. This isn't a cheap phone ;)

Guest dolbe666
NO! Read again. He said w&w+

Web and Walk Plus.

Because he wanted HSPDA.

Wow what a lot of effort you put in before giving up. People have ended up getting phone for hardly anything as an upgrade just by ringing up a couple of times.

From what I've heard, they care a lot about getting you to stay. But if you just wander into a shop with a low end contract and not trying they're not going to hand it to you on a plate. They have to make money from the idiots who don't mind paying that you see. This isn't a cheap phone ;)

orange have already offered the phone free on a dolphin plan with a web addon for a total of £35 a month so why should se stay with a company that wouldnt budge on the price of the phone. yes we could call t-moblile but why after the way we where treated. i dont stick with a company becasue i like their name. they have to treat customers with a bit of respect. he refused to call and see if he could get the phone cheaper. he wanted  commision on that £229 for the phone. I havent given up on the phone just switching networks and getting the phone for free. so why is that giving up?

and it is basically raising the price of wnw to £12.50 because you cant get highspeed internet on the lower plan of £7.50 like last year. who wants the cheaper plan that doesnt take advantage of the phones capabilities. they did that to make money on phones with HSDPA. we are being penalised for having an HSDPA enabled phone by having to pay more to access its features. how can you not see that as wrong?