Off to get a Vario 3

Guest Kimbie

orange have already offered the phone free on a dolphin plan with a web addon for a total of £35 a month

Is this for a new contract? Which tarriff? How are you gona get this?

Guest Transform

am i right in saying that if i want HSDPA, i have to pay extra on top of what i would already pay per month for a wnw contract?

otherwise i'll just get a GPRS connection?

am i right in saying that if i want HSDPA, i have to pay extra on top of what i would already pay per month for a wnw contract?

otherwise i'll just get a GPRS connection?

No you get standard 3g, which is still very fast, broadband speed. I wouldn't actually pay extra for HSPDA, but I happened to want the extra services rather than just web + email so pay for web and walk plus.

yes we could call t-moblile but why after the way we where treated. i dont stick with a company becasue i like their name. they have to treat customers with a bit of respect. he refused to call and see if he could get the phone cheaper. he wanted commision on that £229 for the phone.

sigh, there you go again "the way we were treated". Stop acting like they shot you in the head! Correct, the guy wants his commission. If you want to leave t-mobile for other reasons then fine, but at the moment you're leaving because you can't be bothered to make a phone call.

Regardless, I don't really care any more. Let's end this discussion.

Guest dolbe666
sigh, there you go again "the way we were treated". Stop acting like they shot you in the head! Correct, the guy wants his commission. If you want to leave t-mobile for other reasons then fine, but at the moment you're leaving because you can't be bothered to make a phone call.

no Im leaving t-mobile because thats just what he said to do. thats how much they care about customers. are you a t-mobile rep or something? you seem very conserned about me leaving their network.

I have the right to go to any company that offers me a deal. if orange has offered me a deal i like why should i call t-moble and wrestle a deal similar to oranges. ive already got the deal on hte table yet you seem to not see that point.

just face it Im getting the phone for her on orange

Guest Transform

back onto the topic...

i went into my local t-mobile store today to have a look at a vario 3. very impressed by the looks etc even though it was a dummy model.

i asked about prices etc as i will only be able to get a 12 month contract. only thing was that the phone was going to cost me £210 and £27.50 a month (on wnw 25 i think).

is anyone else on this tarrif that has got it any cheaper?

Guest guest7789
no Im leaving t-mobile because thats just what he said to do. thats how much they care about customers. are you a t-mobile rep or something? you seem very conserned about me leaving their network.

I have the right to go to any company that offers me a deal. if orange has offered me a deal i like why should i call t-moble and wrestle a deal similar to oranges. ive already got the deal on hte table yet you seem to not see that point.

just face it Im getting the phone for her on orange

I would be worried about the crappy internet package on orange, but if you don't mind about that, then it seems like you are getting the better deal there. It's strange, because when I went to orange and vodafone they were quoting me around £100 or more for the phone on a £35 per month package, whereas I got it free on t-mobile flext 35 with wnw.

I would be worried about the crappy internet package on orange, but if you don't mind about that, then it seems like you are getting the better deal there. It's strange, because when I went to orange and vodafone they were quoting me around £100 or more for the phone on a £35 per month package, whereas I got it free on t-mobile flext 35 with wnw.

Yeah exactly my point but some people are too stubborn.

I don't give a damn if you leave t-mobile, but I do care that you're slagged them off as if anyone else is different. Trust me, when you come to upgrade again you will soon realise all networks offer better deals to new customers; unless you try to leave. FWIW, I don't work for T-Mobile, I just moved to them from O2, and am already far happier with the amount they care compared to o2.

Guest dolbe666
Yeah exactly my point but some people are too stubborn.

I don't give a damn if you leave t-mobile, but I do care that you're slagged them off as if anyone else is different. Trust me, when you come to upgrade again you will soon realise all networks offer better deals to new customers; unless you try to leave. FWIW, I don't work for T-Mobile, I just moved to them from O2, and am already far happier with the amount they care compared to o2.

well Im not surprised your thinking t-mobile is better. Ive been with o2 for years before i came to t-mobile and o2 have the worst customer care in the uk. As for t-mobile its not the first time ive had problems. once they tried to charge me for 400 calls i made while i was sleeping each call lasting exactly 1 minute 30 seconds. it took them two months to sort it out after them telling me I must of been making the calls. as if I actually sat up all night making 400 calls lasting 90 seconds.

so if your new to t-mobile and having a good experience thats fine. but dont go telling me that I have no reason to complain about their customer service or the network in whole.

This is getting ridiculous now. You made calls (albeit it by accident) on your phone and wanted a network to not charge you for them?

I did the same thing and left an hour long message on an answerphone. Cost me about £20. My fault though so didn't even bother to ask to be refunded!

Anyway if you have other reasons to complain about T-mobile that's fine but you made it sound like you were leaving solely because some guy didn't offer you the price you wanted, and you didn't want to phone up and try and haggle.

For a good example of how to get a good deal, read this, just posted by another member in another thread: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=856200

Edited by lozzd

This is getting ridiculous now. You made calls (albeit it by accident) on your phone and wanted a network to not charge you for them?

I did the same thing and left an hour long message on an answerphone. Cost me about £20. My fault though so didn't even bother to ask to be refunded!

Anyway if you have other reasons to complain about T-mobile that's fine but you made it sound like you were leaving solely because some guy didn't offer you the price you wanted, and you didn't want to phone up and try and haggle.

For a good example of how to get a good deal, read this, just posted by another member in another thread: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=856200

Woah, Obviously you have to put effort in if you want an upgrade at a decent price so I was with you on this, until this post!

He didn't make the calls, accident or not. I'm guessing 400 calls of exactly 90 seconds each weren't caused by him rolling onto his phone in his sleep.

I think a re-read of his post is in order, unless you have an explanation for how those calls were his fault.

Edit: OK I just had a quick re-read of his post and he did say "400 calls i made while i was sleeping", which implies he did make the calls in his sleep, but it's obvious he meant "400 calls showing on my bill that couldn't have been me because it was at silly-o'clock in the morning and I was fast asleep!".

Edited by Madeye

Guest dolbe666

Ok to clear up this. the calls where made while i was sleeping at night in bed, I do not sleep with my mobile (Idont know anyone that does) so these calls where apparently made from a phone left in my livingroom while i was in bed sleeping. which as far as i know is an impossability. Yet T-mobile would not see the fact of this and continued to blame me for making 400 calls to a number i had never heard of before i got the bill. It took several calls, including emails to their head office before they would look at my case. They then found it to be an error and fixed the broblem. It caused alot of stress for something that should be obvious.

A bit like this post Lozzd will not accept the fact I have a good reason why I want to get the TYTNII with orange rather than pay £229 or ring them untill the break and give me a deal Ive already managed to get with orange. and oranges data charges now have a proce plan that is as good as t-mobile but cheaper they offered unlimited data (1Gb FUP) a month for £5 extra on my monthly contract.

so LOZZD let it rest. I know what Im doing, Its obvious you cant see that and want to get in my business just because you have JUST switched to t-mobile and see them better than o2. I have been with them alot longer and have had problems that warrant me moving to another network. I have no reason to stay with T-mobile

Also I didnt know I needed to give you my full history with t-mobile for you to understand. but i see I was mistaken. The way I was treated was the last straw. A long history of problems with the network followed by being told my time with t-mobile warranted nothing when coming to upgrade and told if If I didnt like it to just cancel and go somewhere else. That is no way to treat a customer planning on taking out an 18 month contract

Edited by dolbe666

Ok to clear up this. the calls where made while i was sleeping at night in bed, I do not sleep with my mobile (Idont know anyone that does) so these calls where apparently made from a phone left in my livingroom while i was in bed sleeping.

Apologies. My phone rolled down the side of my bed and held down the call key. It redialled the last person I had called :(

I'm a sysadmin so have to be awoken by text messages.

The way I was treated was the last straw. A long history of problems....

No problem at all! I stated in my last post it came across as if you were leaving simply because at first attempt they didn't offer you a good price. You don't have to give me a history of the problems, but just disclose that you have had previous issues!

Madeye, I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw where I was going with this. It IS hard work to upgrade and is with any operator. But you can usually get the price you want!

Dolbe666, for the record, I don't go about looking for fights, let's forget about this now. I only started this argument because I wanted to point out it IS possible to get the phone cheaper if you try, it wasn't supposed to get into a personal attack at you or get into your business! You do what you like, of course! ;)

Edited by lozzd

Guest dolbe666
Apologies. My phone rolled down the side of my bed and held down the call key. It redialled the last person I had called :)

I'm a sysadmin so have to be awoken by text messages.

No problem at all! I stated in my last post it came across as if you were leaving simply because at first attempt they didn't offer you a good price. You don't have to give me a history of the problems, but just disclose that you have had previous issues!

Madeye, I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw where I was going with this. It IS hard work to upgrade and is with any operator. But you can usually get the price you want!

Dolbe666, for the record, I don't go about looking for fights, let's forget about this now. I only started this argument because I wanted to point out it IS possible to get the phone cheaper if you try, it wasn't supposed to get into a personal attack at you or get into your business! You do what you like, of course! ;)

No problem dude. maybe I could of been a bit more clear about the reasons for my decision and you wouldnt of got the wrong idea. remember it takes two to argue :D  it was just as much my fault as yours so dont worry about it :(

Edited by dolbe666

Guest Transform
back onto the topic...

i went into my local t-mobile store today to have a look at a vario 3. very impressed by the looks etc even though it was a dummy model.

i asked about prices etc as i will only be able to get a 12 month contract. only thing was that the phone was going to cost me £210 and £27.50 a month (on wnw 25 i think).

is anyone else on this tarrif that has got it any cheaper?

just wondering if anyone has an answer to my question?

Guest jimbouk

From memories of what I have read here, no one has paid anything like that much. If they really want that much for the phone, it would be worth going to a £35 per month tariff and getting the phone for free or whatever they charge for it then (up to about £80 i think). And you will get loads more mins/texts etc

(12 months at £7.50 extra per month = £90)

And Dolbe - watch out - the £5 plan is off peak only I think.

Guest Transform
From memories of what I have read here, no one has paid anything like that much. If they really want that much for the phone, it would be worth going to a £35 per month tariff and getting the phone for free or whatever they charge for it then (up to about £80 i think). And you will get loads more mins/texts etc

(12 months at £7.50 extra per month = £90)

And Dolbe - watch out - the £5 plan is off peak only I think.

but even that will cost more in the long run. i want the phone more for internet not so much calls etc.

the lowest 12 month will cost me £210 for the phone and £27.50 a month which will be £540

the wnw 35 will be £160 for the phone and £37.50 a month which cost more at £610

i wish the phone price at t-mobile wasn't so damn high! i was going to go out and get the 12 month flext 25 wnw deal in the week but seeing as no one on the forum has paid that much for the phone im now thinking of changing my mind!