Touch Dual - Is it coming to T-Mobile?

Guest Gasman2

Does anyone know if the Touch Dual is due out on T-Mobile and if so, is it likely to be anytime soon?

Thanks

GM

I called t-mobile up to ask this a few days ago, they didnt have a clue.

The original Touch did come out (eventually) on T-mobile so perhaps the Touch Dual might.

However, not for the next four weeks at the minimum, apparently Orange have got exclusivity rights during that period of time.

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news3626.html

I pretty much got the same when I phoned up.

The lady I spoke to said she couldn't find anything on the system and hadn't heard of anything but to check the "coming soon" phones near the end of November, when they post some more phones in that section.

She couldn't see a reason why they wouldn't eventually offer it.

• 1 month later...

Just seen on the T-Mobile coming soon section.... the Touch Plus :( expected January, doesn't mean much I know, but at least TMob are now admitting it's sheduled.

I think it was, as mentioned before, to do with the exclusivity deal HTC had with Orange, timing looks right.

Edited by Rob.P

I'm with you Paul, always used to look on in envy at the TMob devices when I was with Orange and O2.

Although saying all that, TMob could make it eye-sore pink and prickly and I'd still have it just for the Web'n'Walk :( (actually I might draw the line at prickly as it usually goes in my jeans pocket).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest randomelements

I upgraded to this on T-Mob on Saturday despite them not having any in and was told that they are still expecting them at any time - should be by the end of the month.

They'd better hurry up - I want my new phone :)

Guest Gasman2
I upgraded to this on T-Mob on Saturday despite them not having any in and was told that they are still expecting them at any time - should be by the end of the month.

They'd better hurry up - I want my new phone :)

How did you manage that!!??

I've been told that they let some out by mistake a week or so ago!! So, that suggests they're sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the UK.

What did surprise me was the 'price'. Apparently, it is currently showing on their system as having being the same 'effective price' as the Vario III with CoPilot!! Seems like a lot for a more basic phone (ie no GPS etc). Is that just 'cos it's new? If so, how long before the price drops? I can get one now FOC, but wanted to twist their arm for a copy of CoPilot too!!! ;-)

Guest randomelements

Definitely not the same price...

They wanted to charge me £120 (AFTER my upgrade allowance) for the Vario III but I'm getting the Touch Plus for free.

Guest Gasman2
Definitely not the same price...

They wanted to charge me £120 (AFTER my upgrade allowance) for the Vario III but I'm getting the Touch Plus for free.

That sounds much more like it!

Now, what are my chances of getting them to bundle CoPilot I wonder...

Guest Gasman2
They have them in stores but customer service will be a couple of days.

Anyone had one through CS yet? (Other than the batch released 'early' a week or so ago).

Guest bydandie
Just ordered mine through customer services. even got a reduction on my monthly bill too! it's coming tomorrow before 1pm. :)

Got mine swapped today from a faulty Touch 256Mb. Cost £50 but worth it if as good as Paul says.

Ordered mine today from the loyalty team.

I kept my £5 off a month and got the handset free on flext 30 wnw pretty happy mine arrives Saturday. I specifically asked for Saturday as I'm at work all day everyday otherwise.

I'm sure i could have gotten more if i had pushed as the chap agreed straight away to what i wanted. basically free phone on current contract with the £5 off as currently. total outlay a month 32.50 for flext 30 and wnw.

I am happy

Jeremy

Guest chazdent

Got mine yesterday from Sheffield Meadowhall store, free phone on Flext WnW, £27.50 :) Gotta say, I was happy when he offered me that! This is as a new connection. Pity about my poor 3G signal really.

• 3 months later...
Guest dolbe666

i got mine on saturday. I got it as a summer phone since my kaiser is just a little too big to fit in my shorts pocket without wanting to pull them down lol. Its a nice little phone i got it on w-n-w flex 20 with a £5 discount so £22/month isnt too bad. I got it as an upgrade from my old vario that was just sat doing nothing since i bought my kaiser sim free and put my t-mobile contract sim in it.

First thing I noticed with the Touch Plus is the fact the touch screen isnt nearly as responcive as the kiaser, i have to press harder to get a responce from the screen.

second problem is the reception seems lower, I live close to a cell tower and my kaiser gets 4 bars on HSDPA my touch plus gets 2 bars at best and some times it drops the connection completely or drops to gprs, not even 3G as i would of expected if it had reception problems. I'm thinking about calling t-mobile to get it replaced for another touch plus if it continues to have a bad reception. i know in general t-mobile roms have a weaker radio than the generic HTC roms, but this touch plus has a bad antenna for it to lose the data connection all together some times

Edited by dolbe666