It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,345 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
That's really disappointing!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

starstrike

starstrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Been using my new dual phone and to be honest I think it's a load of crap, great that it has double the CPU speed, ROM and memory but compared to my Touch it feels very slow and sluggish, running a few apps it's again slow. :(

When loading Solitaire and moving the cards around my Touch does this very, very smoothly, but the Touch Dual is very stuttery and slow, this should not be considering it's double the speed of the touch and a completely different CPU, same when browsing the menu and scrolling up and down :D

Not impressed at all ;) :(

Also if you want to get rid of the Orange crap, when you start the phone and it gives you that 3 second countdown, pull the battery out during countdown, restart the phone and then you will have got rid of most of the Orange customizations :)

I genuinely think that it is the really really bad Orange bloatware that is causing the slow down. Mine didnt seem that bad while playing Solitare though!

Acutally is there a large software QWERTY keyboard download available for WM6? I think I will need one!

Zach2k

Zach2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Just had a txt from Orange to say that I can only have OWU 1000mb until April 2008 then I would need to speak to them again and arrange a new data package. This was from a manager. So not so good... Hopefully I can get £8 for 30mb + unlimited off peak which is the best alternative I have seen.

Whats the deal with OWU?

When I called up they said no such thing existed. They said the best they had 30mb per month or something. :s

Radeon12345

Radeon12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD - Dutty v1.7
Have phoned Orange and am sending my Dual back as it's no better than my current one, only thing I like was the extra storage space and memory, this is what the original touch should have had, sticking with my original touch for now, will upgrade again once the touch cruise comes out ;)

Bob the Gooner

Bob the Gooner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Arse...Arse...Arsenal
Has the Touch Been released by Orange yet?

I rang up orange and they told me that there is no release date for it and call back in a few weeks?

Its also not on the orange site

Anyone?

..........Its just a puncture in lifes tyre!!!!!!!!!!

Radeon12345

Radeon12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD - Dutty v1.7

Has the Touch Been released by Orange yet?

I rang up orange and they told me that there is no release date for it and call back in a few weeks?

Its also not on the orange site

Anyone?

The phones are out, Orange started selling them on the phone around the weekend, keep phoning through, you will eventually speak to someone who does now they are out ;)

starstrike

starstrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I have noticed that the battery life seems pretty good. I have not charged it yet and it started on 97% and after using it a bit yesterday and some photos and today it is still on 52%. This would not have been the case with the TYTN I had or my friends TYTNII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users