marksurry

marksurry

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Mountain biking, computers and mobile phones
  • Devices:Samsung i620

have you discoverd disadvantages for the i620 yet? I know it doesn't have wi-fi, but i don't really care. I have unlimited internet acces on my tel. subscription.

I have read about 10 reviews now, and most people think for example the battery life is quit good. Can you confirm, being a 'regular' user?
What do you think about it, after using it for a while?

As mentioned earlier in this thread I'm finding it one of the better Windows mobile devices I've used. Battery life is good after a few charge/discharge cycles, around 2 days for the standard battery and 3 days for the extended battery. Like you I don't miss wifi as I only want to use the device on the go and the HSDPA is pretty quick.
I have photos of this device on my blog:
Samsung i620 photos
And a quick review and first thoughts here:
Samsung i620 thoughts
The qwerty keyboard is ok, similar to the Treo 750V I used to use. You do get the occasional wrong button presses though.
All in all, a great device.
By the way, I moved from an S710 to the i620. You'll notice how light the i620 is when compared to the heavy S710.

Edited by marksurry, 18 November 2007 - 12:47 PM.

------------------------------
www.surryskingdom.co.uk
------------------------------

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,450 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
Chris is using his i620 with 4smartphone.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Yep indeed i am. I've spent this week getting very little sleep finishing a rather important uni assignment, so while this is the first time i've checked this thread in a few days i have now had some time to get used to the i620!

Battery: i turned off 3G and with limited internet use i'm getting 2-3 days, give or take. My staple has been 10-60 mins of chat, multiple sms, a *little* bit of browsing and push email. Next week i'll try with 3G on. It seems extended browsing has more of an effect than i was expecting. My normal usage is lots of palringo and web browsing so i'll see how it goes.

Other stuff that bugs me, the touch sensitive buttons seem to be very slightly misaligned. Its not really a problem but can lead to mis-hits every now and then. Other than that theres nothing major, its a really nice device and if the touch dual wasn't just around the corner i'd be very tempted to get one myself.

I still exist

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,450 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
Anything that needs the screen on tends to hammer the battery in my experience :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

helpme

helpme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Dear All,

Can someone do a MP3 running test on the i620 please, I love to know the damage to the battery life from playback of mp3. Thanks.

Elton

Terry1100

Terry1100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Asus M530W
First post here - and I'm considering the jump from Symbian (Nokia E90) to Windows Mobile (Smartphone rather than Pro).

The i620 is clocking on now - and this means it's something of a bargain at Expansys at the moment.

Are there any long term users out there who can confirm if there are any issues with the touch sensitive buttons over time.

I'm quite temped by the form factor and with modern data contracts, the HSDPA sort of covers the lack of WiFi. From what I've seen, the Samsung modifications to the UI are quite useful - the only thing it lacks from my (personal) perspective is a lanyard loop.

The other thing I'm considering is the ASUS M530W at a similar price, with a lanyard loop and WiFi and a more conventional "Blackberryesque" form factor - but it lacks the high speed data and from what I've seen has a more "vanilla" implemetation of WM.

So - i620 users -still a good handset ?

TIA

Terry
London

Terry

London (well Middx actually)

Ex 3650/P900/E70/E90/Asus M530W/SE C510 - Now looking at Android

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon
all I would say is physically hold one before you buy as it was considerably larger (and heavier) than I expected it to be. I was upgrading from a i600 and thought the sliding keyboard would be perfect, but I sent it back as I just couldn't handle the bulk of it. vodafone had the i640 in stores for a while (haven't checked recently) which is pretty much the same - try nipping into your local one and trying it out.

Terry1100

Terry1100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Asus M530W
Cheers,

Bulk shouldn't be an issue - I'm trading down from a Nokia E90 ;)

But that's a good call on Voda - I might see if I can find one in store

How were those touch keys before you sent it back - smart and user friendly - or a nightmare ?

Terry

Terry

London (well Middx actually)

Ex 3650/P900/E70/E90/Asus M530W/SE C510 - Now looking at Android

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon
good point!

the touch keys were ok for me actually, better than on some of the smaller samsung phones anyway where you can accidentally press them. the jog wheel is handy too although it can feel a little 'loose' on its mount. the phone was fairly usable without sliding it open which was something I wanted, but as I said the weight of it just put me off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users