New Ameo lacks calculator

Guest squilla

Guest squilla

I am so happy! Got my new Ameo today, only thing is it doesnt have a calculator! Cant find it anywhere! My last WM5, an XDA EXEC had one.

Does anyone know if the Ameo has one, where to find it and if not where can I download a basic decent free / cheap calculator?

Thanks!

Guest squilla
I am so happy! Got my new Ameo today, only thing is it doesnt have a calculator! Cant find it anywhere! My last WM5, an XDA EXEC had one.

Does anyone know if the Ameo has one, where to find it and if not where can I download a basic decent free / cheap calculator?

Thanks!

Stupid me! If anyone else has this problem its in the organiser! I never had that feature on my old XDA! Doh! Oh well someone may find this post and need to know. ;)

Guest squilla
Head over to XSA-Devs and instal PK Black ROM - it's SOOO much better than the stovk WM5 ROM

Hi Confucious,

I have thought about it but seriously doubt my ability to, I struggled to find the calculator on my Ameo! Its my precious new baby, I so dont want to brick it!

Do you know how PK runs with Garmin Mobile XT and TCPMP?

Im so tempted to, im going to spend tonight reading up on it some more.

Guest Confucious
Hi Confucious,

I have thought about it but seriously doubt my ability to, I struggled to find the calculator on my Ameo! Its my precious new baby, I so dont want to brick it!

Do you know how PK runs with Garmin Mobile XT and TCPMP?

Im so tempted to, im going to spend tonight reading up on it some more.

I don't know about Garmin - I run it fine with CoPilot 7 and would doubt if you would have a problem - just don't know anyone who uses it. It works as well as WM5 with TCPMP.

If you follow the instructions (ie unlock using Olipro's unlocker first) then you can't brick your device - it really is simple and you will be amaised at how good it is.

Go for it!

Guest squilla
I don't know about Garmin - I run it fine with CoPilot 7 and would doubt if you would have a problem - just don't know anyone who uses it. It works as well as WM5 with TCPMP.

If you follow the instructions (ie unlock using Olipro's unlocker first) then you can't brick your device - it really is simple and you will be amaised at how good it is.

Go for it!

I have to admit I love the RealVGA feature and I have been looking for something like that but cant find it on WM5. It wont be long before the novelty of my Ameo wears off so I will upgrade then, for now im still fumbling my way around this. Its an awesome device and on web ne walk I cant fault it!

PK really looks lovely in black!

Guest Neil5459

I agree that the PK Black WM6 ROM is excellent, and adds a little speed to the device. It isn't leaps ahead of the official HTC WM6 ROM, as was the case with other devices, but useful nontheless.

Beware of using realVGA with some apps- I have a few apps (including iGO2006 sat nav, and Chronos alarm clock) that simply won't display under realVGA. Running at 96 or 128dpi also has a noticable perfomance hit, due to the amount of data needing to be drawn to the screen. Opera and PIE both operatte in VGA mode without realVGA anyway, so I've returned to the standard display, and have to put up with the large taskbar and keybars ;)

Guest squilla

Exellent! All I have to do now is just find the time to get my head around it! My family already think im a total geek who wastes too much time tinkering behind screens, they just dont get it! ;)

Guest Confucious
Exellent! All I have to do now is just find the time to get my head around it! My family already think im a total geek who wastes too much time tinkering behind screens, they just dont get it! :(

There are some weird people out there, aren't there? ;)

Good luck (not that you need it!)

Guest Neil5459
Chronos works fine for me at 96dpi!

Ah- I could see a (very small) clock face, but the menus were all garbled!

I'd give it anotehr try, but iGO definitely won't play ball ;)

Guest Confucious

The clock face ios small but centered on the screen with the background just taking a 1/4 of the screen but all menus and functinality are fine.

CoPilot works fine, not tried iGo.

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

I know I'm a couple of months late, but there is no need to flash your rom to get a decent calculator app.

You can simply install Dutty's 1 calc cab file onto your phone. Its what I use, and it is much easier to use than the OEM calculator, as the keys are bigger and easier to press with your fingers. And its free.

Heres the link for the CAB: http://duttythroy.lives-in.eu/cms/

Its under 'separate cabs' and its called 'duttythroy_1-Calc.cab'.

Edited by 246810

Guest Neil5459
I'd forgotten all about this.

Just checked and WM6.1 has a calculator.

They all have a calculator, but for some reason T-Mo hide it in the Start/Organiser folder. Being on the main Start menu, it doesn't appear in Programs unless you copy the shortcut from Windows/Start Menu/Organiser to Windows/Start Menu/Programs

Thanks! I will give it a go. :)

Hope it works for you. I've got it on my MDA Vario III (Kaiser) and it works perfectly. The buttons are brightly coloured as well!

Guest squilla
I'd forgotten all about this.

Just checked and WM6.1 has a calculator.

Yep, I eventually found it in the organiser part, I cant have been the only one who struggled to find it! :)

Guest Confucious
Hope it works for you. I've got it on my MDA Vario III (Kaiser) and it works perfectly. The buttons are brightly coloured as well!

I decided to have a look at it but it's QVGA only so useless on an Ameo.