kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Managing Editor of GadgetNutz.com<br />
  • Devices:Cingular 2125, T-Mobile Shadow
Very nice work! You've really pulled everything together well, thematically and graphically.

As for your question about Comm Manager. I've found that it's background is stored within the program itself, as is the case with My Faves, and a few other programs. You CAN change these, I just don't think it's a good idea necessarily since you'll have to use a resource editor to change these items.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Very nice work! You've really pulled everything together well, thematically and graphically.

As for your question about Comm Manager. I've found that it's background is stored within the program itself, as is the case with My Faves, and a few other programs. You CAN change these, I just don't think it's a good idea necessarily since you'll have to use a resource editor to change these items.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Hi Kermit,
Thanks for the compliments! That's what I figured regarding the Comm Manager. :D It's probably in the DLL files. Might have to throw them in ResHacker to see what I can change. :(

llowwelll

llowwelll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Argg! Okay, I went through and changed the hue on all of the files in the first post to make them a nice dark blue and then copied them back over to the Windows folder. When I changed the home screen, the background is now white and doesn't show any of the selections available under Settings, or Pictures, or Messages, etc. The left side and top are blue, but the main screen is pure white. What did I do wrong??

PS: I'm very much a newbie in the world of smartphone customization.

Edited by llowwelll, 28 November 2007 - 05:58 PM.

psbell

psbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc shadow
I've enjoyed testing out all this stuff and slightly tweaking the layout of my phone, but how do i change the color of the start button area. i never have had any issues copying the files back over to the phone, but i can't get the color to change from the brown/gold. anyone got any suggestions, which file is it that i need to change the color?

Edited by psbell, 28 November 2007 - 09:46 PM.

Archian

Archian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

looks nice. question, where did you get the blue scheme .xml file? i have basehueexpress but it doesnt have black or grey. any help appreciated.

Click menu while running BaseHueExpress. It has a greyscale.

psbell

psbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc shadow

Click menu while running BaseHueExpress. It has a greyscale.

Thank you, guess i forgot to go to step 2, next question: is it possible to change the color of the "highlighted" background when in the start menu? what i mean is the program that is infocus or "hovered" over has a brown/tan backgroun, can that be adjusted?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
That files.zip seems to be missing a bunch of files?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

MetalSlug

MetalSlug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

That files.zip seems to be missing a bunch of files?

P

Yeah, I just made a CAB to install those files and it looks good but there is still some traces of the old color scheme.

Any chance on getting the rest of the files. (besides the icons)

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I just double checked the zip and it looks like all the basic files are there. Only thing I can think of that could still be brown is the textglow image, which I have attached on this post. It's basically a complete transparent image as I thought the text glow didn't look good even on the original theme. Please note that the files I posted are just for the home screen. I haven't done much anywhere else (ie, start menu background, in-call background, etc.) If I do, I'll definitely post them.

If there are other traces of brown that I am not aware of, let me know or post a screenshot.

Attached Files

MetalSlug

MetalSlug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I just double checked the zip and it looks like all the basic files are there. Only thing I can think of that could still be brown is the textglow image, which I have attached on this post. It's basically a complete transparent image as I thought the text glow didn't look good even on the original theme. Please note that the files I posted are just for the home screen. I haven't done much anywhere else (ie, start menu background, in-call background, etc.) If I do, I'll definitely post them.

If there are other traces of brown that I am not aware of, let me know or post a screenshot.

I have been messing around with .CABs, would you mind if I put your theme into a CAB? I did it for myself, Icons and all, but its not quite finished. All credit goes to you for the theme of course.

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I have been messing around with .CABs, would you mind if I put your theme into a CAB? I did it for myself, Icons and all, but its not quite finished. All credit goes to you for the theme of course.

Go for it, I don't mind at all. We're all here to help and share. :(

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Just reread it, I meant it's missing the icons, that's all :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

bluefrequency

bluefrequency

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile shadow

I've enjoyed testing out all this stuff and slightly tweaking the layout of my phone, but how do i change the color of the start button area. i never have had any issues copying the files back over to the phone, but i can't get the color to change from the brown/gold. anyone got any suggestions, which file is it that i need to change the color?

if you look at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color, there is a BaseHue key. I altered it to 000000 (which then bacame 123, don't ask me why) and the lower start menu/softkey area became a light grey. It remained the same color when in the start menu, as well as changing the top bar to the same (but only in the start menu- outside of it, it was still brown).

hope this helps

Why would you have PCMIA entries in a WM6 smartphone registry??

D.Noob

D.Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobil Shadow

if you look at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color, there is a BaseHue key. I altered it to 000000 (which then bacame 123, don't ask me why) and the lower start menu/softkey area became a light grey. It remained the same color when in the start menu, as well as changing the top bar to the same (but only in the start menu- outside of it, it was still brown).

hope this helps

If you are using a T-Mobile branded Shadow then your default bookmarks in IE include a link to download windows mobile themes straight from MS. The Themes included have a nice assortment of colors. I am using Earth View which works very nice with the edited Neo elements. No need to waste time hacking the registry here, amazingly!

You can chage your theme in settings > home screen

Edited by D.Noob, 29 November 2007 - 06:34 AM.

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:SDA

Yeah, could you please attach the images. It's obvious you did additional work on them since you needed to make inactive ones also. I downloaded them from iconaholic but it only comes with the actual icons and not the inactive ones. Great theme! Thanks.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

If you are using a T-Mobile branded Shadow then your default bookmarks in IE include a link to download windows mobile themes straight from MS. The Themes included have a nice assortment of colors. I am using Earth View which works very nice with the edited Neo elements. No need to waste time hacking the registry here, amazingly!

You can chage your theme in settings > home screen

lol.. I think the first thing I did with my Shadow was delete all those bookmarks... whoops! :(

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

What you said is probably accurate but some guy at xda developers changed the color of his comm manager background. I just asked him for how he did it and I'm awaiting a reply. Here's the link: http://forum.xda-dev...549#post1700549

Come to think of it, you started the thread over there. Oh well!

Edited by gbenrus25, 29 November 2007 - 09:30 AM.

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Just reread it, I meant it's missing the icons, that's all :(

P

Oh ok, I didn't know what you meant at first. Yeah, the icons were intentionally left out to keep the zip simple and small. Also, icons I used may not work for others since I added/removed a bunch of links/apps from the neo theme. Some may prefer another icon or the stock iconset than what I used. Reason why I posted where I got the icons from instead and let you guys use whatever fits your needs. If you guys want, I can definitely post the icons (at least the side menu) when I get home tonite. :D

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have edited most of the brown stuff in the background to blue (new notification icon, caller background, wmp skin...). However, I'm still trying to figure out how to change the comm manager background (some guy at xda developers did it and I'm awaiting a response). However, here are the files I've done so far. Add the blue.scheme.xml to /Application Data/Home and the rest to the /windows folder and replace when asked. You could back up original files first if interested.

I didn't add the icons however. I'm guessing humpsolo would do that later.

humpsolo, I hope this is cool with you. If not, let me know and I'd take it down.

Attached Files

Edited by gbenrus25, 30 November 2007 - 07:23 AM.

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I have edited most of the brown stuff in the background to blue (new notification icon, caller background, wmp skin...). However, I'm still trying to figure out how to change the comm manager background (some guy at xda developers did it and I'm awaiting a response). However, here are the files I've done so far. Add the blue.scheme.xml to /Application Data/Home and the rest to the /windows folder and replace when asked. You could back up original files first if interested.

I didn't add the icons however. I'm guessing humpsolo would do that later.

humpsolo, I hope this is cool with you. If not, let me know and I'd take it down.

I'm cool with it, glad you guys are enjoying it enough to continue modifying it.
:(

I took a quick peek at your zip and noticed you used the background with the shadow on the side. I can post the original wallpaper without the sides if you like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users