How to change Shadow's Neo Theme

Guest kwoodall

Guest mmmike42
I used hamsuplo's base files along with junior icons I downloaded from iconaholic.com and the results are nice! Thanks hamsuplo. I only updated the main icons and didn't bother with the many subicons. I didn't even bother to resize the icons and the neo interface will shrink them to fit. It's kind of neat having the icons being so big and a little overflowing and bleeding off the screen. I even made a poor-man's photo contact dialer by making a copy of the CLinks section.

For the icons:

1. Download icandy junior icons from http://www.iconaholic.com/downloads.html.

2. Download Faststone image viewer from http://faststone.org/.

3. Use Faststone to batch convert the .ico files to .png to create the active icons.

4. To make inactive icons, use Faststone to batch convert the .png files with the advanced adjustment option for Sepia. You can adjust the settings to change the hue.

5. The only real work was that I used Adobe Fireworks to add the glowing red exclaimation mark to neo's glowing notification icon.

There are the files that I updated:

from iconholics.com:

CHome_Appointments_desat_inactive.png

CHome_Appointments_sat_active.png

CHome_clock_desat_inactive.png

CHome_clock_sat_active.png

CHome_home_desat_inactive.png

CHome_home_sat_active.png

CHome_home_sat_inactive_glow.png

CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

CHome_links_sat_active.png

CHome_music_desat_inactive.png

CHome_music_sat_active.png

CHome_MyPhotos_desat_inactive.png

CHome_MyPhotos_sat_active.png

CHome_sendmessage_desat_inactive.png

CHome_sendmessage_sat_active.png

CHome_settings_desat_inactive.png

CHome_settings_sat_active.png

from hamsuplo's zip:

CHome_framework_background_p.png

CHome_framework_glass_p.png

CHome_framework_NavIconselectionPanel.png

CHome_framework_status_bar_bg.png

CHome_framework_TextGlow_p.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_NoNPI_p.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_p.png

Converted to jpg and bmp from hamsuplo's background post. You will notice that the files you are overwriting are slightly taller. Don't worry about it and there is no need to adjust the output size.

BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg

PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg

T-MobileBasicBrown.jpg

If you're curious, the NEO interface does support landscape mode, as evident by the different skin files for portrait and for landscape. I used a mortscript command to rotate the screen and the neo interface automatically uses the landscape files. The only problem is that the shadow's input drivers are not designed for the flip to landscape and so the dpad does not shift orientation.

Now to make a skin for my wife's shadow. She is now jealous of my shadow's new look and all I can say is that I'm prototyping for a perfect skin for your phone. I wonder if there are cute hello kitty icons out there.

post-121168-1197041167_thumb.png post-121168-1197041180_thumb.png

Can you please post the files .png files that you are using?

Guest Psjames

Is there a way to change the order of applications in the message Centere. I would like to move Outlook E-mail to be in the first slot and then Text messages. It is a real pain to have to go down to message center then go over 4 or 5 clicks to get to Outlook Email. I have been looking and looking and can not seem to find anyplace to change this.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boogybren

Thanks for the great write up! I have created some of my own to share. I am not sure how you are doing the screenshots of your device (maybe you will throw me a bone and tell me ;-) ), but I have attached a background so you can at least see the color scheme.

Of course there are no warranties :-D, but I think I got all the images neo uses.

Let me know if I need to update anything!

_BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

blue.zip

• 2 months later...
Guest xdviper

Can anyone please tell me how I can change the color of the Menu page, where you press start... It's brown the default Neo color and I am using WIndows Basic theme which is blue and it doesn't quite flow with the theme. What do I change? AND PLus I cant seem to find the Windows folder on the phone when it's connected to the computer. WTF

Edited by xdviper

Guest Erika_NSR

Ok... so i'll probably annoy some of u lol but I'm a newbie here as u can tell.. and I want to start changing some things on my shadow which I just got 4 days ago. So I'd like to change the theme or the color or something like what they posted in here but I have no clue how I can do that or how to edit anything.. any help with that please? I was also wondering if there is a way to add fonts to the phone from my computer and if so how can i do it... thanks a lot in advance to everyone!

:D

Guest ronin178
Ok... so i'll probably annoy some of u lol but I'm a newbie here as u can tell.. and I want to start changing some things on my shadow which I just got 4 days ago. So I'd like to change the theme or the color or something like what they posted in here but I have no clue how I can do that or how to edit anything.. any help with that please? I was also wondering if there is a way to add fonts to the phone from my computer and if so how can i do it... thanks a lot in advance to everyone!

:D

Try the forums over at allshadow and you should find the answers to most of your questions (theme creation and adding fonts)-there is a really helpful search function in the upper right to locate what you are looking for. Also as far as themes go, try Freddy Reyes site as there are a lot of really good themes available to download that are easier to install if you are new to customizing windows mobile than trying to replace all the needed window files. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asdf12

ok... IVE HAD IT. i ran the unlock programs. when i try to overwrite or rename a file in my windows folder on the phone... IT WILL NOT LET ME NO MATTER WHAT!! ive tried changing it from read-only and it wont let me. it wont work from pc to phone so i tried adding the files to my phone into another folder and moving them manually on my phone to the windows folder and that didn't work!!! im freaking out. when i add them from someone else's theme in a pre-made cab; they install fine. except ive made my own images i want to use and i can't copy them over. can someone please help me out. nothing seems to work.