kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Managing Editor of GadgetNutz.com<br />
  • Devices:Cingular 2125, T-Mobile Shadow
Here's an icon I created to go with QuickReset (found elsewhere on this site) so I could quickly reset the phone to reload graphics or anything else that might normally force me to turn the phone off/on.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Attached File  CHome_links_Reset.png   18.75KB   20 downloads

kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Paul - have you figured out how to add another list of links as we briefly discussed a while back? I'd like to add my favorite apps into Neo and don't want to keep expanding the Internet section! ;)

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,350 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I haven't tried yet...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
For those that are even more photoshop challenged than me.
opera: Attached File  CHome_Tzones_Browse_Opera.png   80.47KB   23 downloads t-zones: Attached File  CHome_Tzones_Browse_tzones.png   82.81KB   14 downloads windows live: Attached File  CHome_Tzones_Browse_Live.png   82.18KB   13 downloads

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

You're right about that. In fact, now I've got Opera and Opera Mini launching!

(The key with Opera Mini is calling the shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\ with quotes around it.)

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Sorry to be off subject, but how did you change the background image to green?? I know how to change the Start Menu bar and the background image on the home screen to green, but when I go into the start menu it's still brown and it's been driving me crazy..

bluefrequency

bluefrequency

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile shadow
I origionally posted this in a different thread, but it fits best here.
These are the registery edits for the t-zones menu, explained. enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a note, focused on the web/links on the left. (the default options are 4 fold: MS portable IE, T-zones ringers, T-zones background, My Account).
The registry entries for these are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks.

• the Iconpaths key includes the path to the active image (highlighted, 1st), the inactive image (unhighlighted, 3rd, and something else).
  • the Pages key includes which pages, and in what order, the pages are displayed.

in each page subkey, e.g. Page5 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page5

• ACTIONURL is what happens when you press enter, in the following format: "program; [website]". ex. ":MSPIE; google.com" = MS portable IE, opening google.com
  • the GUID is the same across all the Page keys- just copy and paste
  • PICTURES is the image link- i used .png s and dropped them in the \windows\ directory. theoretically, you could change the repository and/or size, I haven't tried. nor have I tried other formats.
  • SK2TEXT is the right soft button text (e.g. "gmail")
  • SK2URL is the right softbutton action, following the ACTIONURL format: e.g. ":MSPIE;gmail.com" to open gmail.
  • TEXT1 is the bold, main text (I'm pretty sure, double check it) (ex. "Google")
  • TEXT2 is something else, don't ask me, i don't know
  • TITLETEXT is the small text above the big- format "text [a/b]", where text is the value of TITLETEXT, and a is the index of the Page, b is the number of total Pages ."Internet [3/4]" or "Mail [2/4]".

That all I know, though if anyone has a working faded of the MS IE icon to use instead of the faded T-Mob hotspot one, I would love it.
Cheers

Hope it helps.

Why would you have PCMIA entries in a WM6 smartphone registry??

kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I decided to add mobiPocket reader to my Shadow's Neo menus today so I made a new icon for it. Here it is for anyone else who wants it!

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Attached File  CHome_links_books.png   35.71KB   13 downloads

D.Noob

D.Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobil Shadow
Im new to this forum and don't have much gadgeting skill at all to contribute but please accept my thanks for your talented effort. I bought this phone today and quickly experienced buyers remorse. After an hour here I actually think my new smartphone is starting to grow on me.

Its the hacking community that makes these electronics worth having. I can't wait to see this customization app. Its exactly what I asked the salesgirl at the store for!

And while I'm here thanks to the theme builders and ESPECIALLY the guy that figured out how to change the default start page in the web browser. (Infuckingexcusable that TMobile would cripple a user selectable home page!)

Edited by D.Noob, 29 November 2007 - 05:19 AM.

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T- mobil shadow HTC

And while I'm here thanks to the theme builders and ESPECIALLY the guy that figured out how to change the default start page in the web browser. (Infuckingexcusable that TMobile would cripple a user selectable home page!)

Hi new to site as well, just curious where that post is i would love to change the home page of explorer to anything other than the t mobil home page any help would be greatly app :(

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Hi new to site as well, just curious where that post is i would love to change the home page of explorer to anything other than the t mobil home page any help would be greatly app :(

Here ya go!

http://www.modaco.co...-the-homepage-/

kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I just completed a big overhaul of my Neo menus. I added an Apps and a Games menu (although this is starting to feel like too many menus, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself) and created icons for everything in sight, including the little side icons for Apps and Games itself. Prepare to be icon'ed!

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Attached File  CHome_Apps_sat_active.png   2.63KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_Apps_sat_inactive.png   4.34KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_Games_sat_active.png   3.37KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_Games_sat_inactive.png   3.24KB   11 downloads
Attached File  CHome_Duke_Nukem.png   19.84KB   9 downloads Attached File  CHome_Bubbles.png   28.8KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_SMB.png   23.1KB   13 downloads Attached File  CHome_Cards.png   13.24KB   11 downloads Attached File  CHome_Kevtris.png   17.06KB   12 downloads
Attached File  CHome_links_books.png   30.9KB   18 downloads Attached File  CHome_OS_Power.png   10.86KB   11 downloads Attached File  CHome_TCPMP.png   12.9KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_Snooze.png   21.74KB   11 downloads Attached File  CHome_Calculator.png   24.5KB   12 downloads
Attached File  CHome_Weather.png   16.92KB   16 downloads Attached File  CHome_Google_Maps.png   27.98KB   15 downloads Attached File  CHome_Live_Search.png   19.27KB   8 downloads

Bear in mind that in most cases I'm Google'ing for graphics and repurposing them. I don't claim any huge originality, but the graphics did have to be edited, shadowed and reflected, and in some cases I did transparencies as well. In a few cases I did a enough work that the original source would be near impossible to discern.

So...no copyrights, not even a creative commons, just use 'em if you like 'em!

Edited by kwoodall, 30 November 2007 - 06:21 PM.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I just completed a big overhaul of my Neo menus. I added an Apps and a Games menu (although this is starting to feel like too many menus, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself) and created icons for everything in sight, including the little side icons for Apps and Games itself. Prepare to be icon'ed!

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Attached File  CHome_Apps_sat_active.png   2.63KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_Apps_sat_inactive.png   4.34KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_Games_sat_active.png   3.37KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_Games_sat_inactive.png   3.24KB   11 downloads
Attached File  CHome_Bubbles.png   28.8KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_SMB.png   23.1KB   13 downloads Attached File  CHome_Cards.png   13.24KB   11 downloads Attached File  CHome_Kevtris.png   17.06KB   12 downloads
Attached File  CHome_links_books.png   30.9KB   18 downloads Attached File  CHome_OS_Power.png   10.86KB   11 downloads Attached File  CHome_TCPMP.png   12.9KB   12 downloads Attached File  CHome_Calculator.png   24.5KB   12 downloads
Attached File  CHome_Weather.png   16.92KB   16 downloads Attached File  CHome_Google_Maps.png   27.98KB   15 downloads Attached File  CHome_Live_Search.png   19.27KB   8 downloads

Bear in mind that in most cases I'm Google'ing for graphics and repurposing them. I don't claim any huge originality, but the graphics did have to be edited, shadowed and reflected, and in some cases I did transparencies as well. In a few cases I did a enough work that the original source would be near impossible to discern.

Wow.. they look amazing!

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

Awesome findings Kermit! Those would look good with the stock icons. Not sure if you knew but one of the PNG images in the Windows folder contains an image of the 3 aces also. Looks pretty sharp also. :(

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Here ya go!

http://www.modaco.co...-the-homepage-/

Actually the homepage is identified here: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs\home_0409. There it identifies what to open.

Yeah, that works better. The other way makes it so it returns to the homepage everytime I click on it. Thanks!

great! thanks for the direction what do i have to replace in the string to send it to google?

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:SDA
For those who use a Nes/Snes Emulator.

Attached Files

kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

For those who use a Nes/Snes Emulator.

WIth GBENRUS's kind permission, I've modified his icons to be reflective in the same manner as my own. Thanks again! BTW, which NES/SNES emulators are you guys using?

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com
Attached File  CHome_NES.png   22.59KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_N64.png   21.92KB   11 downloads

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

WIth GBENRUS's kind permission, I've modified his icons to be reflective in the same manner as my own. Thanks again! BTW, which NES/SNES emulators are you guys using?

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com
Attached File  CHome_NES.png   22.59KB   14 downloads Attached File  CHome_N64.png   21.92KB   11 downloads

Thanks gbenrus and Kermit.. they look great!

Edited by trickinit, 30 November 2007 - 06:34 PM.

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:SDA

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

that looks real nice. thanks... I use PocketNester Plus and PocketSnes. They work great on the Shadow

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
For shortcuts in the neo links interface, it appears that you need to put a semicolon after the executable and then put your parameters.

eg:
bad: \windows\iexplore.exe www.google.com
good: \windows\iexplore.exe; www.google.com

Here is the syntax to directly run opera mini 4:
\Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_

I previously put in the path to the application shortcut, but I wouldn't be able to move the shortcut.

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You're right about that. In fact, now I've got Opera and Opera Mini launching!

(The key with Opera Mini is calling the shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\ with quotes around it.)

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

how did you get the o mini to launch from the neo favs page? what does the string look like im having trouble understanding steps (just began modding 2 days ago so any and all valid help is greatly app :()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users