• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

how did you get the o mini to launch from the neo favs page? what does the string look like im having trouble understanding steps (just began modding 2 days ago so any and all valid help is greatly app :()

See my post immediately before yours.

If you need to know more about opera mini on the shadow: see my faq entry here:
http://www.howardfor...amp;postcount=4

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T- mobil shadow HTC

See my post immediately before yours.

If you need to know more about opera mini on the shadow: see my faq entry here:
http://www.howardfor...amp;postcount=4

Thanks for the help however i dont know if im putting the string in the right place \\\registry\HKLM\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page2\ACTIONURL (i dont use the hi fi ringers download page option) Then i put in this string \Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_ tryed w/ quotes around whole string as well but i go to neo menu go to page 2 of tmobile and i get the alert message cannot find 'jbed' (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all the requried libraires are available. its clear im not doing something right but dont know what? opera mini 4 is only java app installed any help greatly app:)

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Thanks for the help however i dont know if im putting the string in the right place \\\registry\HKLM\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page2\ACTIONURL (i dont use the hi fi ringers download page option) Then i put in this string \Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_ tryed w/ quotes around whole string as well but i go to neo menu go to page 2 of tmobile and i get the alert message cannot find 'jbed' (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all the requried libraires are available. its clear im not doing something right but dont know what? opera mini 4 is only java app installed any help greatly app:)

You don't need any quotes; just look at the registry entries under CLinks: they don't use quotes either. And did you install jbed? If not, then your default jvm is jeodek.exe. I installed jbed because jeodek doesn't support internet access through t-zones, which may not be an issue for you if you have a better internet plan.

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You don't need any quotes; just look at the registry entries under CLinks: they don't use quotes either. And did you install jbed? If not, then your default jvm is jeodek.exe. I installed jbed because jeodek doesn't support internet access through t-zones, which may not be an issue for you if you have a better internet plan.

you know i did not install the jbed cab, saw your previous post and did some checking under clinks, and other strings and came up with \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run however when i select the new string it loads java app but i am missing the last step to auto launch opera mini (i still have to press opera mini app to launch) i have tried putting in -run opera mini_ and even run_ root in quotes, but i know this has got to be a simple fix at a loss at the moment any ideas Thanks:) ( I pay the 20 for data from t-mobil so i dont think this will be an issue)

Edited by benbenjiben, 02 December 2007 - 03:02 AM.

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

you know i did not install the jbed cab, saw your previous post and did some checking under clinks, and other strings and came up with \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run however when i select the new string it loads java app but i am missing the last step to auto launch opera mini (i still have to press opera mini app to launch) i have tried putting in -run opera mini_ and even run_ root in quotes, but i know this has got to be a simple fix at a loss at the moment any ideas Thanks:) ( I pay the 20 for data from t-mobil so i dont think this will be an issue)

There is an exact science to this. It's exactly:
\Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_
The 0 (zero) specifies the first java application you installed, which I assume is opera. You really should read the link I provided where I give a step by step for using opera. Or read this:
http://pdaphonehome....et-manager.html

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There is an exact science to this. It's exactly:
\Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_
The 0 (zero) specifies the first java application you installed, which I assume is opera. You really should read the link I provided where I give a step by step for using opera. Or read this:
http://pdaphonehome....et-manager.html

cool tried the string you left \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_ but it still did not work (showed an error on finding s0 .......but .......i looked at the very helpful link, some one reported problems with total commander using this string, but i figured out replacing the 0 with a 1 in the string worked like a charm, i dont know maby s0 is looking for the root folder but its working now, just changed text and am perparing to load png files to device Thanks for all the helpful post really got me in the right direction :(

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

cool tried the string you left \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_ but it still did not work (showed an error on finding s0 .......but .......i looked at the very helpful link, some one reported problems with total commander using this string, but i figured out replacing the 0 with a 1 in the string worked like a charm, i dont know maby s0 is looking for the root folder but its working now, just changed text and am perparing to load png files to device Thanks for all the helpful post really got me in the right direction :(

If s1 worked, that just means that opera was not the first applet you ever installed.
s0 = first
s1 = second
s2 = third
etc

Perhaps you installed something, uninstalled it, and then installed opera?

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
Here's how to turn the CLinks menu to a cheap photo dialer.

So for each page, change the picture to point to a photo and change the action link to:
tel:17775551212

When you click it, it will dial that number. You can also change the right-softkey button to launch another number, so for a specific contact, you can have a way to dial two numbers, like Mobile and Home.

You can also use the tel: syntax in shortcuts:
15#tel:17775551212

In case you're wondering, with wm shortcuts, the number before the # counts how many characters are after the #. No idea if it's important for that to be correct since the shortcut still works if the number is incorrect.

Now, if would be nice if there were an application to easier add/remove/update your photo contacts or search the call log and populate the pages with your most frequently called people. For the photos, it can just look for a matching .jpg or use a generic one if not present.

Edited by badbob001, 03 December 2007 - 01:35 PM.

benbenjiben

benbenjiben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

If s1 worked, that just means that opera was not the first applet you ever installed.
s0 = first
s1 = second
s2 = third
etc

Perhaps you installed something, uninstalled it, and then installed opera?

Its poss when i look under the \windows\appdb\ to see corosponding numbers and applet files all i could see was s1 for like 5 diffrent files i think i did install o mini 1st day i had phone but ended up doing a master reset on the 3rd day cuz the vtap app i added was showing that i had 1 text message and -1 picture and -1 mms messages even when i had nothing there maby residual file info stuck to java midlet? Who knows just happy it works, but really, thanks for the helpful advice:) always looking to gain as much knowledge as possible, the more i mod the more i understand about the basics!

mmmike42

mmmike42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Shadow

See pic below... with some registry tweaking and some image creation as required, you can turn the t-zones menu into a favourites menu for whatever you want (apps, web pages etc). You're not limited to 4 either :D

Refining the process atm, but watch this space!

P

PS Note that this is a real live screen shot and it works as you would expect...
PPS HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks is where the fun begins :(

Posted Image

where in the registry can I find the settings to change them too?

deyanimay

deyanimay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow
can someone plez make a full guide on how to do this?

jmoak

jmoak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Yeah guys your icons look great. Is there anyway I can get a few main icons. Not for the left side icons but the main page icons. I need one for

IE
File Explorer
The Settings Folder
Games (I like the little green joystick. Do you have a big version?)

Thanks

freyes01

freyes01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
In order to simplify people lives (who don't want to do a lot of registry changes), I put together a cab file that extends the Intenet Menu and add an additional Menu.

1- This cab file modify the existing "Internet Menu" and adds Weather, News, OperaMini Links to it.
2- Creates an additional Menu with links to Google Maps, Traffic, Movies (TCPMP), Calculator, SmartPhone Notes and YouTube (vtap)

Note: It assumes that you have those applications installed in your "Storage Card"

My phone is already customized so I can't test it. I'm looking for volunteers to test it.

You can download it from here: http://freddyreyes.c...o...info&id=156

Attached Files

freyes01

freyes01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Here's how to turn the CLinks menu to a cheap photo dialer.

So for each page, change the picture to point to a photo and change the action link to:
tel:17775551212

When you click it, it will dial that number. You can also change the right-softkey button to launch another number, so for a specific contact, you can have a way to dial two numbers, like Mobile and Home.

You can also use the tel: syntax in shortcuts:
15#tel:17775551212

In case you're wondering, with wm shortcuts, the number before the # counts how many characters are after the #. No idea if it's important for that to be correct since the shortcut still works if the number is incorrect.

Now, if would be nice if there were an application to easier add/remove/update your photo contacts or search the call log and populate the pages with your most frequently called people. For the photos, it can just look for a matching .jpg or use a generic one if not present.

Just created a cab file with the basic "Template". You need to update the registry with your own values: phone numbers, pictures, etc.

You can download it from here: http://freddyreyes.c...o...info&id=164

Each contact will have a default photo and the numbers +555-555-1234 for cellphone and home.

After installation you need to go to HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page"n" (1-5) and edit each value with your own data: links to your own pictures, numbers, etc.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Yeah guys your icons look great. Is there anyway I can get a few main icons. Not for the left side icons but the main page icons. I need one for

IE
File Explorer
The Settings Folder
Games (I like the little green joystick. Do you have a big version?)

Thanks

That's awesome! What would I need to change since I have all those programs installed on my device?

jmoak

jmoak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I'm confused on what to place in these two lines

ACTIONURL
SK2URL

Say if I wanna open IE to Google What would go in these two? Or if I wanna make another page for the Calc, One for Games folder, One for settings folder, and one for file explorer. What would be the text I need to input in thos two for each of those things?

Jaeger2600

Jaeger2600

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Shadow
Okay, so after adding Google Maps and Opera Mini to my "Internet" menu, I was trying to change the t-zones graphic in the neomenu to a generic globe graphic. Well, I changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\cHome\CLinks:ICONPATHS to "\Program Files\internet.png" and now the "Internet" menu is gone. Oops.

Can someone help me out with the original value for that key so I can get back on the road here?

Thanks!

Edited by Jaeger2600, 21 December 2007 - 07:32 PM.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Okay, so after adding Google Maps and Opera Mini to my "Internet" menu, I was trying to change the t-zones graphic in the neomenu to a generic globe graphic. Well, I changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\cHome\CLinks:ICONPATHS to "\Program Files\internet.png" and now the "Internet" menu is gone. Oops.

Can someone help me out with the original value for that key so I can get back on the road here?

Thanks!

In order to change the icon, you have to actually create two different versions of it: a regular one, and a grayed out one. The registry key actually requires that you include the file path for three different icons, but the second one doesn't seem to have a use..? Anyway, just edit the first and the last one, and make sure to include all three files in the registry key in the following format. Good luck! :(

\CHome_links_sat_active.png;\CHome_links_sat_inactive.png;\CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

gorbett

gorbett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

In order to change the icon, you have to actually create two different versions of it: a regular one, and a grayed out one. The registry key actually requires that you include the file path for three different icons, but the second one doesn't seem to have a use..? Anyway, just edit the first and the last one, and make sure to include all three files in the registry key in the following format. Good luck! :(

\CHome_links_sat_active.png;\CHome_links_sat_inactive.png;\CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

i am trying to change the ICONPATHS reg key but keep getting "error setting registry information" in soti's pocket controller pro's registry editor. i am just wondering if this is a problem with soti's app and i should look for a different registry editor or something with the permissions of the key.

anyone see this too?

Jaeger2600

Jaeger2600

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Shadow

Thanks. I ended up searching the registry for another instance of "iconpaths" and found the syntax. Of course, it also pointed me to the files I needed to change, once I finally figured out that Windows was running out of the--you guessed it--"windows" directory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users