PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The Shadow is great and I love it, but the battery life is really poor, barely lasting a full day. In fact, after taking it off charge at 8am this morning, it's dead at about 10pm with only medium usage.

Does this match anybody else's experiences?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

kwoodall

kwoodall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Managing Editor of GadgetNutz.com<br />
  • Devices:Cingular 2125, T-Mobile Shadow

The Shadow is great and I love it, but the battery life is really poor, barely lasting a full day. In fact, after taking it off charge at 8am this morning, it's dead at about 10pm with only medium usage.

Does this match anybody else's experiences?

P

Same here. I suspect the problem is that there is too much going on in the device for such a weak battery. Perhaps T-Mobile wanted to save $0.05 on the battery.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

wazmo

wazmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Same here. I suspect the problem is that there is too much going on in the device for such a weak battery. Perhaps T-Mobile wanted to save $0.05 on the battery.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

My SDA is more responsive than the Shadow. I have yet to find a decent media player for this thing; Windows Media took over 2 hours to process my library and it takes 30 seconds to shuffle tracks. CorePlayer is better, but not by much. TCPMP seems to be the only thing that works well, but it can't do AVRCP with the Shadow.

And yes, the battery life is horrid.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I just discovered that for some reason (probably something I hacked around), the screen was never turning off on my shadow!

After a hard reset it's fixed, should help battery life somewhat ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
The Shadow does stand-by well, but once you start using it you can watch the battery meter go down. On mine, the combination of streaming internet radio via EDGE to stereo bluethooth headphones brings up the battery recharge alert after around 2.5 hours. They really should've shipped it with a 2nd battery; and to really make up for battery-life, a separate plug-in battery charger.

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
I wouldn't mind a fatter extended battery. The bulge would also make it easier to hold it for camera mode.

wazmo

wazmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

The Shadow does stand-by well, but once you start using it you can watch the battery meter go down. On mine, the combination of streaming internet radio via EDGE to stereo bluethooth headphones brings up the battery recharge alert after around 2.5 hours. They really should've shipped it with a 2nd battery; and to really make up for battery-life, a separate plug-in battery charger.

I'm streaming Stereo Bluetooth using CorePlayer, and I'm down 50% after 3 hours. Thankfully, I was able to grab a Moto P790 portable charger for $5 (I bought 3) to keep things going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users