Bluetooth User Name

Guest SPYUK

I'd like to edit the name that shows up on a phone when initiating a pairing but can find no sign of it anywhere in registry.

Can anyone point me to where I can change it?

Thanks

Guest dolbe666

as far as I can tell its your device owner name the only way to change it would be to change the owner name but that will disable any applications registered using the user id

Guest Transform

I renamed mine before connecting to my PC and it has the same name on the partnership. As we are on the topic of bluetooth, I wondered if I could ask a quick question...

If I turn the bluetooth off then back on again, the second tickbox called 'make this device visible to other devices' isnt ticked! Will that stop my device being seen on other phones?

Guest dolbe666
If I turn the bluetooth off then back on again, the second tickbox called 'make this device visible to other devices' isnt ticked! Will that stop my device being seen on other phones?

Yes it stops other none paired devices from finding it. you can leave it unticked it will be undiscoverable to other devices and still be able to connect to your paired devices

Guest Transform

i was thinking more of this situation...

friend wants to send me a picture. i turn bluetooth on but the 'make this device visible to other devices' box isn't ticked. only the first one is. would this stop my device appearing on my friends phone?

or... would i have to go in manually and tick that second box everytime?

Guest dolbe666
i was thinking more of this situation...

friend wants to send me a picture. i turn bluetooth on but the 'make this device visible to other devices' box isn't ticked. only the first one is. would this stop my device appearing on my friends phone?

or... would i have to go in manually and tick that second box everytime?

you can pair the device with his to stop having to untick the box. that setting is there as a security measure to prevent people sending infected files to your phone or stop people browsing your files via the bluetooth file explorer.

or in the beam settingts set a pin code so anyone sending files have to enter a pin code to alow access. then its not a problem if its unticked as they cant get through to your phone without first giving a pin code and being accepted

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dolbe666
im really confused now. i am testing it out with my c500 but that can only see the vario if i tick that second box!?

thats strange because mine is unticked and yet my pc can find it and search for available services. only reason it can do that is because its paired. my girlfiends vario isnt paired with my pc and it cant find the vario with the same box unticked

Guest dolbe666
what do you mean by my pc can find it? im trying to find it using another phone.

bluetooth is bluetooth, my pc found my phone using the pc's bluetooth dongle. the phone wasnt set to visible but since my pc is paired with the phone through bluetooth it could find my phone. yet my girlfriends vario isnt paired through bluetooth and it couldnt find it untill the box was ticked to show visible.

Guest Transform

ahh yes i get you now. i just think its strange that one i tick that visible box and disable and re-enable bluetooth, it gets unticked which is quite annoying! is there a registry tweak that can solve this?

Guest dolbe666
ahh yes i get you now. i just think its strange that one i tick that visible box and disable and re-enable bluetooth, it gets unticked which is quite annoying! is there a registry tweak that can solve this?

there seems to be a bug, if its being ticked then its being unticked when you disable and re-enable buetooth.

Ive just tested mine doing just what you said but mine stays ticked after disabling then re-enabling bluetooth

Edited by dolbe666