Regular Hangs

Guest havoc222

Guest havoc222

My M3100 regularly hangs and I don't know why. Once the backlight on the screen goes off, the green LED still blinks as normal, but when you press the power button to wake it up again, the screen doesn't light up and you have to then remove the battery.

Sometimes it seems to happen when an SMS arrives, which you then lose, other times it just seems to do it of its own accord. I think I'm on ROM 1.0.6.0 ?

Help! It's driving me mental!

Edited by havoc222

Guest pd.ryder

Hi havoc222 -- what applications are you running? If you have anything which is 'monitoring' data usage (M:Metrics or even GPRS Monitor) look at removing each in turn and see if that helps.

I had almost immediate problems when I installed the M:Metrics stuff. I didn't realise it initially and 3 replacement units later, I started to look rather more closely at what I was installing. I took time to install each application separately onto a 'plain vanilla' device, uninstalling it before moving onto the next trial. I found M:Metrics caused a major crash after just minutes needing a soft reset several times an hour. I didn't have such definitive results from GPRS Monitor but still had occasional problems so I left that alone in the end too.

All has been fine since. The only other time I've had to soft reset through these freezes has been if I've got tons of emails hogging storage memory. They don't seem to like running with less than 10MB free ;)

:(