Bluetooth car kit or stereo sought, for music and calls

Guest dave archer

Guest dave archer

Hi,

I was using my old SPV M600 to play music in the car by simply connecting the headphone 2.5mm jack on the M600 to tha aux in on the car stereo. I then used a cheap Bluetooth headset to make calls (voice dialing) and receive calls, and a USB car charger to cahrge the M600. All worked ok, if a bit of a fiddle tro setup each time I set off.

Now I've upgraded to HTC Kaiser aka TyTN II. Loving the phone, BUT it doesn't have a separate headphone jack, instead it shares the min-usb port for both charging and audio out. So now I can either listen to music, OR charge the phone, but not both.

Looking for a solution to this.

Simplest would be a Bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm audio out jack on it I can plug into stereo, just replacing the cable with BTooth.

Better would be a new stereo with BT audio receiver (A2DP I think) and BT handsfree, then I can do away with the headset bit. Have looked at the Sony MEX BT 2500, sounds good but seems you can't do voice dialing through it, so no good to me (http://www.sciuridae.co.uk/bluetooth_hands_free/Sony_MEX-BT_2500_review.htm)

Anyone got a setup like this working well?

Thanks,

Dave.

Guest nevawlkalone
Hi,

I was using my old SPV M600 to play music in the car by simply connecting the headphone 2.5mm jack on the M600 to tha aux in on the car stereo. I then used a cheap Bluetooth headset to make calls (voice dialing) and receive calls, and a USB car charger to cahrge the M600. All worked ok, if a bit of a fiddle tro setup each time I set off.

Now I've upgraded to HTC Kaiser aka TyTN II. Loving the phone, BUT it doesn't have a separate headphone jack, instead it shares the min-usb port for both charging and audio out. So now I can either listen to music, OR charge the phone, but not both.

Looking for a solution to this.

Simplest would be a Bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm audio out jack on it I can plug into stereo, just replacing the cable with BTooth.

Better would be a new stereo with BT audio receiver (A2DP I think) and BT handsfree, then I can do away with the headset bit. Have looked at the Sony MEX BT 2500, sounds good but seems you can't do voice dialing through it, so no good to me (http://www.sciuridae.co.uk/bluetooth_hands_free/Sony_MEX-BT_2500_review.htm)

Anyone got a setup like this working well?

Thanks,

Dave.

On ebay, mini usb -5pin usb+3.5mm Y connector...means you can charge and listen at the same time...lot cheaper than the above but your call

• 1 month later...