Photo

MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

qumran

qumran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC S730 Wings

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

:)

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

Thanks! But for me it does not work. I have a s730 Wings with swedish qwerty board and i recently flashed my os rom and in that one there was no swedish language. And this Cab does not work either. The languages are in the list of XT9 language but when i choose one from this cab the activated XT9 is still english. Any thoughts?

junirevolutionen

junirevolutionen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual

Hello guys,

I'm a new user and have just received my phone HTC Touch, and i'm trying to instal the language pack. (I need the Dainsh one)

I have transfered the file to my phone and furthermore exstracted the file, but then what? When I try to change language, there are still the same 5 standard language to choose?

Help is much apreciated :-)

I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated.

I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.

GENEius

GENEius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Sanyo M1

I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated. I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.

Is there any way to make a dvorak keyboard layout using this method?

Edited by GENEius, 10 February 2008 - 01:12 AM.

BartHouben

BartHouben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Dual Touch

I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated.

I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.

I have the exact same problem. The .CAB is installed on my 20-key HTC Dual Touch, but I cannot select any additional languages (I need Dutch) in the XT9-options menu.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? please help a with a very simple explanation.

Bart

unfertiger

unfertiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Asus P750
Hello,

installation on my Asus P750 (WM6, German) went fine and all languages are running fine apart from:

Czech
Polish
Portugues
Dutch

Is ther anything I have to adjust to run Czech? This is the main reason I was installing this patch.

Every help is appreciated.

Best Regards

Daniel

phioma

phioma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody,
I have an i-mate Ultimate 8150 with Windows Mobile 6 and I have installed this file for writing in italian. After install I try to write something but appears only numbers so I have removed the application with the software remove but I still cannot write sms in any way .... Please help me!!!!!!

CL6

CL6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

:)

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

It is such a great accomplishment you've made for releasing this language pack.

Is there any chance you could share how you made these language packs? I am looking for the Traditional Chinese language pack which might not be interested by the majority Shadow users. Thus, I was wondering if you could share what are the requreiment to generate the TC language pack and I can try my best to make it.

Thanks in advance!!

crowscorner

crowscorner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:TMobile Shadow
Paul,

Man is there any way you could figure out a reg fix for xT9 setting to NOT default back to xT9..? I send alot of texts (3691 last month, 35-4000 average a month) and man this is the only problem I have with the phone. I understand how xT9 (t9) works, however, I am just not a fan of it. I have contacted customer support at tmobile (which is nothing less than a joke..ive been with tmobile since 2000 and in my opinion they treat loyal customers terrible) and at HTC however to no avail. What I dont understand is why they will not allow this change. I dont want to uninstall it (er..well...i'd love to but not my point), get rid of it, turn it off.. whatever else "they" want to call it... I simply want to set the the thing to "regular" typing and it STAY that way. I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to this. And of course, we get no software with the phone so while I have been through the registry (I use PHM reg edtr..and almost feel as though i know every value/key off the top of my head), going crazy in it is not a viable option for lack of wanting to pay to have Windows re-installed.

Any how, I appreciate your time. The forums are great, I volunteer my time at several "heavy" traffic support forums and I know its a job... keep up the good work bro.

(is it just me, or do we not have rights anymore? Because (in the US) it sure looks suspiciously like we only have privileges..)

Edited by crowscorner, 04 March 2008 - 12:57 PM.

kormoran

kormoran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow
[quote name='Paul (MVP)' date='Nov 20 2007, 08:55' post='858356']

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P
[Finnally I have it. You're great, many thanx]

Jacob B

Jacob B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Ipaq 614
Hi

Thanks! Just what I need!!!!

But! ... I just tried the pack on my iPaq 614 - as I really need the Danish dictionary..
However, when installing I get a message that it is for an earlier version of Window Mobile.. (Mine is 6)

After installing, I try and select danish by pusing * for a while to get the Language menu. But I only get numbers when entering anything. After a little while my pda slows to a crawl... so I had to uninstall the pack again?

Is this a issue with WM 6? Or does anyone have another good idea? :D

Br Jacob

kuro@centrum

kuro@centrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anybody have the Slovak language xt9 files?

Thanks

Ákos

Ákos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual

Paul and other friends,

If somebody finds a Hungarian .ldb file in some Smartphone software, please, post it in order to be able to include it into my XT9 system (on HTC Artemis).

The problem is that there's another xt9 system e.g. in Vox that uses .dll files for storing the language dictionaries. That system HAS HUNGARIAN SUPPORT, the Shadows' xt9 not... :D

But maybe some other new smartphone type has come or will come out with Hungarian support and we, Hungarian users could 'port' it into our PDAs.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Paul,

have you come across the Hungarian LDB file in the meantime?

Thanks,
Ákos

bbseim

bbseim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:shadow

Paul,

Man is there any way you could figure out a reg fix for xT9 setting to NOT default back to xT9..? I send alot of texts (3691 last month, 35-4000 average a month) and man this is the only problem I have with the phone. I understand how xT9 (t9) works, however, I am just not a fan of it. I have contacted customer support at tmobile (which is nothing less than a joke..ive been with tmobile since 2000 and in my opinion they treat loyal customers terrible) and at HTC however to no avail. What I dont understand is why they will not allow this change. I dont want to uninstall it (er..well...i'd love to but not my point), get rid of it, turn it off.. whatever else "they" want to call it... I simply want to set the the thing to "regular" typing and it STAY that way. I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to this. And of course, we get no software with the phone so while I have been through the registry (I use PHM reg edtr..and almost feel as though i know every value/key off the top of my head), going crazy in it is not a viable option for lack of wanting to pay to have Windows re-installed.

Any how, I appreciate your time. The forums are great, I volunteer my time at several "heavy" traffic support forums and I know its a job... keep up the good work bro.

(is it just me, or do we not have rights anymore? Because (in the US) it sure looks suspiciously like we only have privileges..)

I am wondering the same thing, anyone have any insight on this? Suggestions appreciated..

Bob

Joost39

Joost39

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones, PDAs, GPS, Android, iPhone
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo
Me too - xT9 sucks----bad.

My history of nice "tools": LG Optimus 2X
Samsung i900 Omnia *Nokia E66 *iPhone 3G 8GB *HTC Touch Diamond *HTC P3470 *ASUS P750 *HTC Touch Cruise *HP iPAQ 614C *HTC Touch Dual *Apple iPhone 8GB *MOTO Z8 *HTC TyTN 2 *TomTom Go 720 TMC *HTC TOUCH *Garmin nüvi 660FM *Mio C520T *HTC Advantage X7500 *Garmin Nüvi 670FM *Tomtom ONE II/TT6 EU *MIO P550/Miomap 3.2 *MIOC710/iGO *LOOXN100/MN6 *Transonic6000T/MN5.2 *TTGO910/TT6 *Medion515T/GoPal *SEP990i/NAV4ALL *SEM600i/NAV4ALL *MIOA701/TT5 *TTONE/TT5 *MIO269+/MN5 *MIO168/MIOMAP *Qtek8310/TTM5 *Qteks100/TT5 *Qtek2020i/TT5 *Qtek8020/TTM5 *HP6340/X-road * Qtek8080/TTM4 *SPVC500/TTM4 *SPV200/TTM4 *SPV100/TTM4 *HP2210/TT3 *Ipaq5550/TT3 *Ipaq3970/TT2 *Ipaq3950/TT2*

Diam@nt

Diam@nt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:iPAQ 614c

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

Hi Paul - I kindly request you, is it possible to add a slovak language pack?

xenakis777

xenakis777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Paul - I kindly request you, is it possible to add a slovak language pack?

Comme faire si je veux utiliser seulement le dictionnaire Francais, allemand et anglais ?

Ou change t on dictionnaire dans HTC Touch Cruise ?

slts,

Jean

RandomPhoner

RandomPhoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HP ipaq 614c

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

Hi Paul,

I managed to dump the ROM contents of my IPAQ 614c using some of the howto's found at http://forum.xda-developers.com and a few extra tweaks.
Beeing a total noob I searched the IPAQ 614c ROM contents(1) for all files named something with 't9'.
I then compared the list to the contents of the MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack_1.1.CAB(2).
One thing in particular cought my eye:
In (1) files follow this naming convention et9.sqr..kdb
In (2) files follow this naming convention eT9.Dis.9Keys..Kbd.dll
There are no files following the naming convention of (2) in (1).

Is this a new kind of keyboard mapping architecture?
Does anyone know if these files can work with the MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack?

Btw. the IPAQ 614c ROM contents totals a sizeable 79.9 MB.

ZiCoN

ZiCoN

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@ZiCoN_dk
Well... It doesn't work on the Ipaq 614c (danish user, with english OS)

HTC Desire
MCR Custom :)

PapaDocta

PapaDocta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Sprint HTC Touch
any chance of adding Arabic support? i don't even need the XT9.... just the default keyboard with arabic support. i would do the translation just lead me to the correct side...

Crake

Crake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Asus P535
The Portuguese doesn't work on HP 614C running English WM6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users