Photo

MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

biovirus

biovirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack II

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

Paul, is it possible for you to give us an advice how to make your wonderful pack work on other WM6 phones, (mine is BJ2)?

Thanks a zillion,

Alex.

gummylick

gummylick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:tmobile shadow
to change languages on shadow:
hold and press *
language > (choose)

just to answer a question asked earlier in the post.

ZiCoN

ZiCoN

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@ZiCoN_dk
Are there really no one looking at eg IPAQ 614c options for extended XT9 support?

Asking cause I'm hoping :D

HTC Desire
MCR Custom :)

gustavw

gustavw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc s710

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

Dear Paul

I have installed the language package on my HTC S710 with windows mobile 6 because I need spanish. When I get into the language list it will show all rthe leguages but I can´t change it from English. I am doing something wrong? I would appreciate some advise

regards Gustavw

Ada1986

Ada1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Ipaq 614c
I have the same problem like others with Ipaq 614c, unfortunately it doesn´t work, but I still hope it will have some solution. Thanks to author of this program.

kuhesa

kuhesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:O2 Xphone IIm / O2 Graphite
Dear paul.. just wondering add Indonesian language for the next episode..

one_solo

one_solo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

I installed Touch Keyboard 1.0 (build 28568) on my prophet with the latest WM6.1 build (from cloudyfa) and after that I installed this pack, but still only the 5 default languages (english, french, italian, german and spanish) apear. Any thoughts ??

gummylick

gummylick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:tmobile shadow
is there a way to reorder the language choices?
i use the portuguese language often and its not on the numbered list of easy to reach languages.. any way to modify this?

thanks for all your work, this is a must have for my cell!

Erika_NSR

Erika_NSR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Shadow and Dash
So I downloaded the file for the languages... does anyone know how I pass it to my phone or where I have to send it to and to get it to work... this is my very first time changing something in my shadow... thanks

Erika_NSR

Erika_NSR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Shadow and Dash
I downloaded the file.. where do i sent it to now? please help!!!!!

ronin178

ronin178

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Shadow (Juno)
Load Active sync to your computer, connect your shadow to it via the usb cable, let it sync, then hit file explorer and choose where you want to load the file to and drag it from your desktop to your phone-I have mine on my storage card. Once the file is on your phone, locate it on your phone's file explorer in the start menu and open it-it is a .cab file which you open on your phone.

Alkemist

Alkemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

Enjoy!

P

I've tried using the Russian setup while typing SMS. Types fine, sends fine, the delivery notification report comes in just fine. But the SMS never make it to the receipient. Any reason why this happens?

dkerpmo

dkerpmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow
The language package is great.

A tip for those who don't speak all 14 languages and only want the ones you use to show up in the language selection menu. Use Mobile Registry Editor to edit string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\AvailableLanguages

Each number in the list corresponds to one of the languages, in the same sequence they appear in the menu. Just leave the ones you want to see.

For the French AZERTY keyboard mapping problem, I saw that this was resolved on other models by doing some registry edits. They don't seem to be structured the same way on the Shadow. Has anybody figured out what to change so that the keyboard stays QWERTY even when French is the chosen language?

Edited by dkerpmo, 25 May 2008 - 06:18 PM.

John_Silva

John_Silva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HP Ipaq 614c
Hello

I have succeded the instalation but I can't use the portuguese language it don't left the selection of this language.

Need help.

Thanks.

tomboderider

tomboderider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

to change languages on shadow:
hold and press *
language > (choose)

just to answer a question asked earlier in the post.

I changed the language, but it don't make the change. It fixed in English.

dirkvan

dirkvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

Enjoy!

P

-------------------
Hi,

I installed this CAB on my HTC Touch Dual (with WM6 English version) because I need to write in English and in Dutch. But when I go to XT9 options I still only see the "traditional" languages.
How can I see the effect of your tweak program, i.e. actually use it? I was hoping to see "Dutch" as one of the choice languages

cellulario

cellulario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
any news about greek? if greek is present in other language packages like vox, can't you make it for general use too? well, hoping to see greek soon. bye bye

ronangel

ronangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

- Czech
- Danish
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Finnish
- French
- Italian
- Dutch
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portugese
- Russian
- Swedish

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

Nice one Paul [clap] anyway can you help me change the default settings of xt9 to abc (htc juno).

popi2003

popi2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:diamond
Hi
I have touch dual english version
20 keys keyboard qwerty
I've installed it
I'm able to change the XT9 to Polish and it works but...
it chenge the keybord layout to the 14 one
any idea how to work with this ?

Beveridge

Beveridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The language package is great.

A tip for those who don't speak all 14 languages and only want the ones you use to show up in the language selection menu. Use Mobile Registry Editor to edit string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\AvailableLanguages

Each number in the list corresponds to one of the languages, in the same sequence they appear in the menu. Just leave the ones you want to see.

For the French AZERTY keyboard mapping problem, I saw that this was resolved on other models by doing some registry edits. They don't seem to be structured the same way on the Shadow. Has anybody figured out what to change so that the keyboard stays QWERTY even when French is the chosen language?

Can anyone help me... I want a French QWERTY (using XT9) on mt HTC Touch Dual (20 keys)? How can this be done??? Thanks.

Edited by Beveridge, 13 August 2008 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users