21 replies to this topic

adicken

adicken

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Orange HTC Touch Dual
Anyone know (Paul) how to debrand the new Touch dual from Orange yet?

starstrike

starstrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Anyone know (Paul) how to debrand the new Touch dual from Orange yet?

Well one guy said that when you first switch it on pull the battery out before it can customize (The 3 second gap) and avoid all the crap being loaded.. Obviously you may have to manually add settings..

Probably not a real solution

Edited by starstrike, 21 November 2007 - 12:56 PM.

adicken

adicken

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Orange HTC Touch Dual
Mmmmm....Think i will wait for Paul and one of his excellent debranding packs.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Finger's x'ed I get an Orange Dual then!

Which seems unlikely, as O's PR co aren't even replying to my mails. Maybe they dislike the debranders ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

zzp9cj

zzp9cj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Finger's x'ed I get an Orange Dual then!

Which seems unlikely, as O's PR co aren't even replying to my mails. Maybe they dislike the debranders :(

P

well pulling the battery option out does work.

But Paul any updates on another solution ...

Also I cant get my MMS to work on vodafone. anyone ideas ?? I've put all the settings in a million times but cant get them to work .. anyone got the auto settings updater or any other advice ???

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Windows Mobile Devices. I love my music and wont go anywhere with out a pair of wireless headphones.
  • Devices:8gb Kaiser
TBH.

There really isn't much to be debranded.

1) To get rid of all the horrible Orange Icons I reset the device upon 'customisation' but all my GPRS/3G/MMS settings were still there?
2) To get rid of the disgusting Orange Dialler just install the CAB I have attached. (Thanks goes to Navadi for making the CAB file and Duttythroy from xda-developers for extracting the Images/XML/RGU Files.)

Anything else to debranded?

Sam

Attached Files

zzp9cj

zzp9cj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

TBH.

1) To get rid of all the horrible Orange Icons I reset the device upon 'customisation' but all my GPRS/3G/MMS settings were still there?
2) To get rid of the disgusting Orange Dialler just install the CAB I have attached. (Thanks goes to Navadi for making the CAB file and Duttythroy from xda-developers for extracting the Images/XML/RGU Files.)

Sam

thanks .. thts a help .. still cant seem to get MMS working on vodafone .. anyway to remove all orange settings and replace with vodafone or use auto configure apps ????

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Windows Mobile Devices. I love my music and wont go anywhere with out a pair of wireless headphones.

zzp9cj

zzp9cj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Have you tried this?

http://www.cinetsyst...1_0_31002_1.cab

magic .. it all works now .. thanks :-)

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
Great Stuff (:

Is there anything left that's actually Orange Branded that I have missed?

Sam

zzp9cj

zzp9cj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Great Stuff (:

Sam

dont think so apart from start up screens.

afhstingray

afhstingray

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:M5000

TBH.

Sam

are there any bugs with the cab? dont want to risk replacing the dialler if its going to act funny.
thanks

Motorola startac V>Nokia 3330>Nokia 8210>Sony Ericsson T610>Nokia 6660>HP Jornada 928 (pdaphone with the best dang design ever.....)> MDA III>SPV C500> SPV M5000
Mobile networks i use: DIGI MYS--Maxis Mobile MYS--AirTel India--DialogGSM SriLanka--Vodafone UK--Orange UK--TIM Italy--
when i didnt have a pdaphone my pda's were: palm m100>IIIxe>IIIc>M505>Nino 300>NX70>ipaq 2210>NX70 (again:P)

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
No.

If you have any unlikely problems just uninstall it.

arian

arian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Great Stuff (:

Sam

Hello, just splash screen i think...any idea??
tanx

Simo2001

Simo2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual & HTC Advantage
Hi,

I unlocked my orange touch dual and am having real problems removing the wap settings. I've been into connection settings and removed all I can see, but the phone still tries to connect using orange WAP... How? I removed it!

Hope someone can help!

arian

arian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

I unlocked my orange touch dual and am having real problems removing the wap settings. I've been into connection settings and removed all I can see, but the phone still tries to connect using orange WAP... How? I removed it!

Hope someone can help!

test it

Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual

test it

Hi everyone. I'm a complete novice and please reply like I'm the village idiot. Cos I kind of am.

I have just taken the Orange Dual Touch, but am using my Vodafone sim as I have access to more than one account (and as the boss can decide when I want the phone!). I have set up the phone fine, but the main reason I have a smart phone (the old one is a TyTn) is for receiving emails. I want to be able to use my Vodafone account for this, but the phone only has Orange options in WAP etc. I am presuming that I need to debrand the phone?

I did the 3 second thing above, and whilst this got rid of arange wallpaper etc, I still cannot achieve my aims. Is the link above likely to solve my problem, and if so, how can I gain access as it is password protected?! Am willing to dish a bit of hard earned in return obviously.

Great phone though!

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
Welcome to the forum :)

Debranding is only a cosmetic exercise - you need to remove the SIM lock on the phone and then manually change your email account settings.
The easiest way is to use this service :
http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual

Welcome to the forum :)

Debranding is only a cosmetic exercise - you need to remove the SIM lock on the phone and then manually change your email account settings.
The easiest way is to use this service :
http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

Stu - thanks for that. I think the phone was unlocked anyway as our retailer gave us a sim unlock code to enter which worked. I have now found the access point name details for vodafone that I needed to get online for web and emails outside the default orange thing. A happy man!

cosmindv

cosmindv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc touch
i'm new here to,,, how do i install a .cab ? on my touch dual? and still i did not quite understand how to reset upon costumization? when thoes this costumizatian happen pls help hate those horrible orange addons

Edited by cosmindv, 15 March 2008 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users