Debrand Orange Touch dual

Guest adicken

Guest starstrike
Anyone know (Paul) how to debrand the new Touch dual from Orange yet?

Well one guy said that when you first switch it on pull the battery out before it can customize (The 3 second gap) and avoid all the crap being loaded.. Obviously you may have to manually add settings..

Probably not a real solution

Edited by starstrike

• 1 month later...
Finger's x'ed I get an Orange Dual then!

Which seems unlikely, as O's PR co aren't even replying to my mails. Maybe they dislike the debranders :(

P

well pulling the battery option out does work.

But Paul any updates on another solution ...

Also I cant get my MMS to work on vodafone. anyone ideas ?? I've put all the settings in a million times but cant get them to work .. anyone got the auto settings updater or any other advice ???

Guest greenturtle

TBH.

There really isn't much to be debranded.

1) To get rid of all the horrible Orange Icons I reset the device upon 'customisation' but all my GPRS/3G/MMS settings were still there?

2) To get rid of the disgusting Orange Dialler just install the CAB I have attached. (Thanks goes to Navadi for making the CAB file and Duttythroy from xda-developers for extracting the Images/XML/RGU Files.)

Anything else to debranded?

Sam

Nadavi_and_Dutty_Touch_Dual_Dialer_for_Kaiser.cab

TBH.

1) To get rid of all the horrible Orange Icons I reset the device upon 'customisation' but all my GPRS/3G/MMS settings were still there?

2) To get rid of the disgusting Orange Dialler just install the CAB I have attached. (Thanks goes to Navadi for making the CAB file and Duttythroy from xda-developers for extracting the Images/XML/RGU Files.)

Sam

thanks .. thts a help .. still cant seem to get MMS working on vodafone .. anyway to remove all orange settings and replace with vodafone or use auto configure apps ????

Guest afhstingray
TBH.

Sam

are there any bugs with the cab? dont want to risk replacing the dialler if its going to act funny.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Simo2001

Hi,

I unlocked my orange touch dual and am having real problems removing the wap settings. I've been into connection settings and removed all I can see, but the phone still tries to connect using orange WAP... How? I removed it!

Hope someone can help!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frank Rizzo

Hi everyone. I'm a complete novice and please reply like I'm the village idiot. Cos I kind of am.

I have just taken the Orange Dual Touch, but am using my Vodafone sim as I have access to more than one account (and as the boss can decide when I want the phone!). I have set up the phone fine, but the main reason I have a smart phone (the old one is a TyTn) is for receiving emails. I want to be able to use my Vodafone account for this, but the phone only has Orange options in WAP etc. I am presuming that I need to debrand the phone?

I did the 3 second thing above, and whilst this got rid of arange wallpaper etc, I still cannot achieve my aims. Is the link above likely to solve my problem, and if so, how can I gain access as it is password protected?! Am willing to dish a bit of hard earned in return obviously.

Great phone though!

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Guest Frank Rizzo
Welcome to the forum :)

Debranding is only a cosmetic exercise - you need to remove the SIM lock on the phone and then manually change your email account settings.

The easiest way is to use this service :

http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

Stu - thanks for that. I think the phone was unlocked anyway as our retailer gave us a sim unlock code to enter which worked. I have now found the access point name details for vodafone that I needed to get online for web and emails outside the default orange thing. A happy man!

• 1 month later...
Guest cosmindv

i'm new here to,,, how do i install a .cab ? on my touch dual? and still i did not quite understand how to reset upon costumization? when thoes this costumizatian happen pls help hate those horrible orange addons

Edited by cosmindv

• 10 months later...
Guest CSotzing

I'm eager to try the "remove the battery" technique on my touch dual. I've been using it for over a year however so do I just have to do a "clear storage" and reset to factory settings and then remove the battery on the first boot afterwards? Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
Guest DieseL87
TBH.

Sam

YAY!!! Finally got a keypad that works!!! thank u so much!!!! i have been searching all over the world wide globe looking for this. i only had the phone a few days and i hated the orange branded keypad....now its lookin slick cant wait to video call....wooop