Tweak utility: shadowShortcutKeyRebuild (sSKR)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's my second of my tweak utilities for the Shadow!

You know how you go into the 'Shortcut Key' item in settings and there's only a few apps listed there? Annoying isn't it! Running this program regenerates that list, and adds in EVERYTHING from your Start Menu (and subdirectories).

It's an EXE you need to run directly on your device (i'll create a CAB when i've made a few and i'm bundling them together).

Enjoy!

P

shadowShortcutKeyRebuild.exe

You know how you go into the 'Shortcut Key' item in settings and there's only a few apps listed there? Annoying isn't it! Running this program regenerates that list, and adds in EVERYTHING from your Start Menu (and subdirectories).

It's an EXE you need to run directly on your device (i'll create a CAB when i've made a few and i'm bundling them together).

Enjoy!

P

Perfect PAUL !! THANKS..........

• 2 months later...

Enjoy!

P

thank u very much for this...its very helpful :)

Edited by axv91

• 2 months later...
Guest Mike Benton

Paul,

THis is great. Extremely useful. I don't think enough people know about this.

Where is it drawing the refresh information from? I installed HTC Action screen, which installed to the Windows Directory and your app didn't recognize it.

So I created a shortcut in the Start Menu folder, still no dice

Then I moved the HTC Action Screen.exe over to the Start Menu folder, no workie there.

Is it drawing information from the registry? If so where so I cna plug in the Action screen info?

Thanks!

Guest Mike Benton
Start Menu IIRC!

I'll look at the source and double check. Actually, I could just post the source up here too.

P

Thanks Paul, it'd be great to get the HTC Action screen working together with yours so we could assign it to the Shortcut key.

Thanks Paul, it'd be great to get the HTC Action screen working together with yours so we could assign it to the Shortcut key.

Thanks to Paul. Mike I have achieved this through creating my own .lnk file for the HTC Action Screen.

28#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52

Copy paste this in a notepad and save it as ActionScreen.lnk and put it in Windows/Start Menu and rebuild the shortcut keys with Paul's tweak utility.

Cheers :D

Guest Mike Benton
Thanks to Paul. Mike I have achieved this through creating my own .lnk file for the HTC Action Screen.

28#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52

Copy paste this in a notepad and save it as ActionScreen.lnk and put it in Windows/Start Menu and rebuild the shortcut keys with Paul's tweak utility.

Cheers :D

Thanks krrp,

I creating a shortcut from Total Commander and Action Screen showed up under the Start Menu but not under the ShortcutKey, even after a soft reset.

I've tried copying over the .exe into the start menu and it has the same effect as the .lnk

Then I tried your Shortcut (NOTE it shows up in Start > after a soft reset) but still isn't showing up in the Shortcutkey Menu after running Paul's app. So this leads me to wonder what is preventing it from showing up...

krrp what version of the Shadow ROM are you running? (Start > Settings > Device Information > ROM Version ...for those that don't know that are reading this) Mine is 1.11.531.5

and what is the gullumicon.dll for? I tried with and without the .dll entry on the shortcut and didn't see any difference.

I'm going to play with it again later. Maybe I missed something somewhere.

Hi Mike,

The ROM ver is same as yours - 1.11.5315

When I installed HTCActionScreen - it placed 3 files in Windows dir.. a EXE, LNK and another file. I first copied the .LNK file in the Start Menu and rebuild shortcuts - it didn't show up.

Thats when I created the shortcut. With a notepad in the PC, and copied over to Phone. This time when I rebuilt, the ActionScreen was available in my QuickLinks..

The original .lnk had this 30#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52 -> changed to: 28#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52

May be you should try PC way instead of Total Commander. That might be the missing link!

Cheers!

Guest Mike Benton
Hi Mike,

The ROM ver is same as yours - 1.11.5315

When I installed HTCActionScreen - it placed 3 files in Windows dir.. a EXE, LNK and another file. I first copied the .LNK file in the Start Menu and rebuild shortcuts - it didn't show up.

Thats when I created the shortcut. With a notepad in the PC, and copied over to Phone. This time when I rebuilt, the ActionScreen was available in my QuickLinks..

The original .lnk had this 30#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52 -> changed to: 28#"\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe"?gullumicon.dll,-52

May be you should try PC way instead of Total Commander. That might be the missing link!

Cheers!

Maybe the problem lies in the 30 and 28. I have a lot of apps installed on my Shadow. What do you suppose the 30 and 28 do? Or the 52 for that matter.

Maybe it's an APP slot and those are both taken on my phone.