If you guessed the pen I stole from the AT&T counter...you'd be correct! But there is also an AT&T Samsung Blackjack II in there as well!!!!
I could waste the world's bandwidth by uploading an unboxing video...but there isn't much to unbox! (Phone, Battery, AC, Sync Cable, Manuals/CD)
Feel free to ask us anything about the phone as I'm putting it thru it's paces. Do you like it? Do you want one? Comment away!
A few initial thoughts..
- My hopes aren't high for the battery life...but I've been using it ALOT and need to do a real world test.
- Hey look...Samsung decided to add a charging/battery/message/signal indicator light. Way to go!
- Body is shiney...liked the rubberized body from the original Blackjack better!
- Integrated GPS with no GPS settings to configure ports? Go figure! I'd like to use the GPS with GPS applications other than AT&T's TeleNav, but am having great difficulty. Works with GoogleMaps and WindowsLiveSearch...when it wants to. We'll see if the WM community can do something with this! It's too soon to scratch the whole phone...but it should have worked out of the box!
- Screen is nice...but as I read elsewhere before, is a tiny bit washed out looking. But still nice.
- Keyboard is comfortable and responsive and easy to type on, though I am used to the original Blackjack, so your experience may vary.
- Scrolling D-Pad is a cute novelty...but I havnt really used it yet. But I'm trying. Either way, it's better than the original Blackjack's D-Pad.
- More memory is a great addition! With the slightly faster processor, the phone seems faster in all aspects.
- App Unlocked using the standard Registry Policy editing so I could get rid of and move some AT&T icons in the Start Menu folder.
I hope someone figures out the issue with the GPS. It may be a deal breaker for me. Definitely a nice upgrade over the original....and at $149 on contract, you cant beat it! In the end, without usable GPS, not as big of an upgrade as you'd think. So if you are outside of your contract..I don't think you'd want to pay more until they fix the GPS. If they do...the addition of that and the upgraded specs make it well worth it!