SeanH

SeanH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Try DontForget 2...

http://www.modaco.co...vents-notifier/

P

I tried it. All it does is make the phone vibrate. I am shocked that Samsung and AT&T would released a phone with out this feature.

Sean

SAV2880

SAV2880

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:BJ, BJ II, 8125, 8525, Tilt
Thought I'd share my current experiences with the BJII so far:

* I was able to get the Internet Sharing files moved over to the phone like one of the other guys did, but it most definitely doesn't work. The "Internet Sharing" link inherent to the phone looks like it is trying to make a system call, and it's not meshing with copying the files over from a Blackjack I, which is what I did. Bluetooth wouldn't even get to "Connect", USB did show a connection to the computer, but could not allocate it an IP address.

* I have also not been able to get the Bluetooth PAN to show up as a service on my XP PC (I'm using a Dell XPS M1330 with XP retrofit on it), I even tried copying the registry entries under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth for the "pan" key, no dice. That actually made it WORSE. :(

* The patch hasn't helped get my GPS working either. Might try the TeleNav trial method later. Anyone who has done this, can they see if there are any registry changes between the pre-TeleNav and post-TeleNav working states?

Looks like I'm going to be using the Modem option too. I would love to get Internet Sharing operating on this thing.

ptukhar

ptukhar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:hp 6915 8525 BJ BJII Treo750

Thought I'd share my current experiences with the BJII so far:

* I was able to get the Internet Sharing files moved over to the phone like one of the other guys did, but it most definitely doesn't work. The "Internet Sharing" link inherent to the phone looks like it is trying to make a system call, and it's not meshing with copying the files over from a Blackjack I, which is what I did. Bluetooth wouldn't even get to "Connect", USB did show a connection to the computer, but could not allocate it an IP address.

* I have also not been able to get the Bluetooth PAN to show up as a service on my XP PC (I'm using a Dell XPS M1330 with XP retrofit on it), I even tried copying the registry entries under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth for the "pan" key, no dice. That actually made it WORSE. :(

* The patch hasn't helped get my GPS working either. Might try the TeleNav trial method later. Anyone who has done this, can they see if there are any registry changes between the pre-TeleNav and post-TeleNav working states?

Looks like I'm going to be using the Modem option too. I would love to get Internet Sharing operating on this thing.

I'm returning it. AD2P skips when an email comes in. I'm guessing the 260 MHZ POS cpu is too darn slow....
LED is pretty much worthless.....
Ahh welll...

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Bluetooth is 720Kb Max and HSDP on this phone is 1.7Mb Max. With Bluetooth you will never get the speed. The BJII works perfect over USB as a modem to a PC. I have achieved average download speeds of 1.5Mb/s with the BJ II tethered over USB.

SeanH

To tether the connection, is it necessary to subscribe to AT&T's PDA Max w/Tethering, or does it "just work" with WM6? Thanks!

I was excited when reading encece's first comments, but now everyone seems to be having problems and want to return the BJII. Is it just a select few devices that seem to be like this?

Edited by kluzyfool, 29 November 2007 - 11:45 PM.

SeanH

SeanH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

To tether the connection, is it necessary to subscribe to AT&T's PDA Max w/Tethering, or does it "just work" with WM6? Thanks!

It just works, I works with any data plan they offer.

SeanH

PPCPassion

PPCPassion

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:HTC M8, Nexus 5

Obviously...the Blackjack II since that's the one I purchased! :(

Seriously though...I think it's a matter of preference. It's said that the keyboard on the Moto is the best ever. But the Moto seems so wide to me, even though it's only about 1/4". Still...just feels too wide. Asthetically...I think the BJ is just a nicer looking phone.

But in the end...it's all a matter of taste.

Can you/anyone help me re-assign CV (Cingular Video) and AT&T (Logo) keys to some other programs? I don't use CV or ATT home page and can use these dedicated keys to launch some other more useful programs.
Thanks!

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I see how the data cable and charger go through the same port, but does the BJII charge when plugged into a PC?

Also, for those who put the BJI or BJII in their pocket, how well does the screen keep out dust, if at all?

Edited by kluzyfool, 30 November 2007 - 07:52 PM.

SeanH

SeanH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I see how the data cable and charger go through the same port, but does the BJII charge when plugged into a PC?

Also, for those who put the BJI or BJII in their pocket, how well does the screen keep out dust, if at all?

Yes the BJ II does charge when Plugged into a PC in all three modes, Sync, Modem, USB Drive.

No the phone does not get dusty in your pocket. It does get a lot of smudges when its pressed against your face when talking.

SeanH

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes the BJ II does charge when Plugged into a PC in all three modes, Sync, Modem, USB Drive.

No the phone does not get dusty in your pocket. It does get a lot of smudges when its pressed against your face when talking.

SeanH

Awesome. I'm almost set on upgrading today.

Just a few more questions:

Is there a way to turn off the data connection? It's not always transmitting 24/7, is it?

And is there a data meter where you can see how much you've used?

Thanks again!

Edited by kluzyfool, 30 November 2007 - 10:52 PM.

SeanH

SeanH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Awesome. I'm almost set on upgrading today.

Just a few more questions:

Is there a way to turn off the data connection? It's not always transmitting 24/7, is it?

And is there a data meter where you can see how much you've used?

Thanks again!

I am not sure how you disable the data connection. With every phone I have ever used I have needed it.

I would imagine if you never use internet explorer, email or any other app that needs internet access you will never use any data.

There are apps to monitor data usage. You can also dial a code to ATT and they will show data usage for the month on your phone. It also shows data usage on the ATT web site when you login. Most people have unlimited data and do not worry about it.

SeanH

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am not sure how you disable the data connection. With every phone I have ever used I have needed it.

I would imagine if you never use internet explorer, email or any other app that needs internet access you will never use any data.

There are apps to monitor data usage. You can also dial a code to ATT and they will show data usage for the month on your phone. It also shows data usage on the ATT web site when you login. Most people have unlimited data and do not worry about it.

SeanH

I see. The reason I asked is that I'll be using the phone overseas, and I don't want to get hit with any huge data charges even if I don't use data over there.

I probably already answered my question though; there's no way it could be transmitting 24/7, since everyone that doesn't have an unlimited plan would be screwed.  It's just that big "3G" symbol up top should mean the phone is just connected, but not transmitting, right?

Edited by kluzyfool, 30 November 2007 - 11:38 PM.

kmiles27

kmiles27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung blackjack II
Can anyone help with this one? All of the sudden my push email doesn't work on the BJII. I get "error synchronizing". It worked yesterday!!

CVL

CVL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:BJII
Does anyone know if the Samsung i780 is available. Looks like it would be an awesome upgrade from the BlackJack II. It have WiFi and a 3.2 megapixel camera, and it would be touch screen. Thats what i want. Any availability?

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Are you guys signed up with PDA Max, or Smartphone MAX? I understand that online they don't let you do add Smartphone MAX for the BJII, but the guy from the store was able to add it on. The only differences seem to be that Smartphone MAX doesn't have CV, but it's a little cheaper. I'm not sure if the speed is different; mine fluctuates from E to G to 3G.

Any thoughts on this?

yoshac

yoshac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Got my BJ2 yesterday (had BJ1 previously).

After 24 hours use, here are my top 3 registry hack / customization requests:

1/ Reassign the CV and AT&T logo keys to other programs, or at least change the 'home' page loaded via the AT&T key

2/ Make the status LED persistent when a new message is unread

3/ Speed up the jog-wheel responsiveness (i.e. increase sensitivity, to allow faster scrolling in long docs)

Any ideas or hints?

sam black sun 2

sam black sun 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung
hi i was wondering if anybody knew of any NES emulators for blackjack II?? ive tried pnester, none of them install successfully.. (after activesync install it says on the phone that the program was not intented for this device)
also can anybody help on how to install java games? you can buy java games through at&t but i have not figured out how to (or where to) install the .jar files.. thank you

boricua365

boricua365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack II

Got my BJ2 yesterday (had BJ1 previously).

After 24 hours use, here are my top 3 registry hack / customization requests:

1/ Reassign the CV and AT&T logo keys to other programs, or at least change the 'home' page loaded via the AT&T key

2/ Make the status LED persistent when a new message is unread

3/ Speed up the jog-wheel responsiveness (i.e. increase sensitivity, to allow faster scrolling in long docs)

Any ideas or hints?

Yeah I too am interested in the LED indicator. I'd really like to get it blinking non stop until there are no unread sms messages. I'm so-so on doing things in the registry edit (no pro) but after hours of trying different comnbinations I can't seem to make it work. I can make it vibrate for a certain number of seconds but can't seem to do anything w/ the LED, it just flashes 3 times every time I get an sms. I also can't seem to get the setting correct to have all indicators turn off when I hit a key on the keypad. When someone figures all this it will you please put up a good post on it? Thanks

neilg

neilg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Boats, Cars
I know this sounds like a dumb question and probably is. On the BJII is there anything physical that tells you it has GPS. ?
I have just got the Samsung SGH-i640v in the UK - long rumoured to have a GPS, but I don't think it has! However it is somewhat difficult to work as there is nothing software-wise I can see which woudl let me know this (apart from Google Maps which has the GPS option but never finds a satellite).
The guidebook doesnt help either! On looking at the BJII user guide, this doent specifically seem to list GPS either!

Cheers
N

kluzyfool

kluzyfool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

It just works, I works with any data plan they offer.

SeanH

Would you mind posting the steps to set up a DUN connection to tether your BJII to your PC?

Nathan-C

Nathan-C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i617
Did anyone else see this?

Click on the link (it will take you to samsung's flash site introducing the BJII), Then skip the intro, then click on the "technology" link running along the bottom of the flash window. You will be taken to a list (that you can click on to expand and get more info about a particular feature in the phone). Take note of the last feature listed: " Voice Assist" Click on it and you will see it says voice dialing is a feature.

http://www.samsungmo...om/blackjackII/

Now we know its not here or atleast we can't find it. Everywhere else on samsung's site about the blackjack 2 states there is no voice dialing.

So what's the truth? is this Samsung not having any quality control when it comes to their web designers or the feature is there but they choose to hide it or some other lame reason. If anyone has any insight please share.

BTW I really hope its there. I would love to have native voice dialing.

Thanks,
Nathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users