• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

cabdriver

cabdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Black Jack II, Cingualr 3125
:( Downloaded patch and ran it. Selected Comm Port 4, restarted my device and the message is

Waiting for GPS...

alert
Sorry, could not get the GPS position.
------------------------------------------
This is a different message than before but nonetheless - no GPS

Advice?

Cabdriver

silversx

silversx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
can anyone tell me the exact specs for the BJ 2??

how much rom/ram

what processor and what mhz

which would be better to use if i plan to buy an unlocked one to use with tmobile usa... the bj 2 or generic q9h (not global.. too expensive)

dizzydave

dizzydave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Blackjack II

Hi one question i had for you guys. I just got the BJII and i like making my own ringtones. However, i tried this and it told me the maximum size it would support was only 300k. Anyway around this because thats pretty small. ANy feedback would be appreciated Thanks!

I've been using Audacity (you can get it for free from download.com) to trim mp3s down to 20-30 seconds--this seems to do the job since you don't really need a whole song...

ptukhar

ptukhar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:hp 6915 8525 BJ BJII Treo750

can anyone tell me the exact specs for the BJ 2??

how much rom/ram

what processor and what mhz

which would be better to use if i plan to buy an unlocked one to use with tmobile usa... the bj 2 or generic q9h (not global.. too expensive)

128 MB RAM
256 MB ROM

260 MHZ processor

silversx

silversx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
is the bj2 app locked?? can i install any application i want on it?

if it's app locked, how can i unlock it

and i'm really needing some advice on which one to choose to use on tmobile

the bj2 or q9 global..

q9 is 100 bucks more.. only 96 ram versus 128.. a bit wider

as far as software such as browser.. can't i just install opera mini on the java midlet on the bj2 to avoid pocket IE?

thanks for any help

dizzydave

dizzydave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Am I dumb, or is there no way to view time & date in call history? This seems like a very strange omission--how am I supposed to know how long it's been since I missed a call?

dizzydave

dizzydave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Am I dumb, or is there no way to view time & date in call history? This seems like a very strange omission--how am I supposed to know how long it's been since I missed a call?

Ok, so I'm responding to my own question...because I don't see how to delete it...I am dumb, all you have to do is click on the entry and it drills down into call details...

Igis

Igis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Blackjack 2

you wouldn't have even been able to get to the google.com/gmm page on your phone browser without a data plan, let alone download google makes, unless you downloaded on your PC and uploaded it to your phone. the initial message just lets you know that if you use this software you need a data plan, if you have a data plan the maps would be pulled up via your data plan. so yes everytime your scroll around the map and it says "loading XXkb" in the upper right corner. it's hitting your data plan for that amount of data. if you have a limited data plan (i.e. 15mb) once those are up you will be charged extra. my suggestion is if you plan on using your phone to browse the web or use google maps that you get the unlimited data plan (e.g. surf and download as much as you want with no extra charges). the GPS on your phone when using google maps has no extra charge. GPS on your phone(if you can get it to connect) is free as long as you're not using the BS Telenav that ATT as teamed up with to rip you off. yes it's nice of them to offer you Nav software but the fact that they didn't create a UI to set configure your GPS is extremely annoying. it's the same as the UK version of the BJI having Wifi and the US(ATT) version not. ATT wants us to use our data plans in hopes that we don't have the unlimited data plan so that we can run over our data plan and they can charge us extra.
*Sorry venting*

anyways i hope this helps you out.

I don't have a data plan of any kind and i can still surf the internet and use google maps, altough they're probably charging me 10 dollars per kb :(. It might just be the first few days or something, anybody know? Anyway i got my GPS to work very well with this hack and good maps, it gets my position within 5 seconds in my basement, it is a little off though, like 100 feet. I still haven't tried it outside.

Off-Topic:
Anyone know about the wifi this phone has? Im pretty sure it has the wifi hardware inside but ATT has probably disabled it. I know this because i read it somewhere online i don't remember the site and the european version of the FIRST blackjack had wifi in it so why would the american version of the second blackajck not have it??? Doesn't make sense other than the fact that ATT wants you to use its slow-ass network and they want to make more and more money.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
AFAIK there's no WiFi hardware in the device.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

xkuizit

xkuizit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can you/anyone help me re-assign CV (Cingular Video) and AT&T (Logo) keys to some other programs? I don't use CV or ATT home page and can use these dedicated keys to launch some other more useful programs.
Thanks!

http://www.howardfor...p...2711&page=2

-x

SeanH

SeanH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
It works great.

http://www.howardfor...p...age=2&pp=15

If someone figures out how to fix the worthless LED on the device things would be great.

SeanH

Edited by SeanH, 14 December 2007 - 12:09 AM.

xkuizit

xkuizit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Oh I don't doubt it, and I'm not saying that the Bluetooth PAN connection is superior. I'm just saying it's nice to have the availability of it so that I don't need to always have a USB cable with me - something that wouldn't be a problem in and of itself if Samsung didn't use a proprietary connector pinout to the phone. I'm willing to take half of the data speed if it means I don't always have to remember a cable.

Not sure if folks are aware. But someone was able to get Internet Sharing back up. I've tried it and it works with both USB and BT PAN.

http://www.howardfor...d.php?t=1290859

-x

dizzydave

dizzydave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've been using Audacity (you can get it for free from download.com) to trim mp3s down to 20-30 seconds--this seems to do the job since you don't really need a whole song...

there is a registry change you can make to free it up-look in the at&t samsung forum

dizzydave

dizzydave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
does anyone know how to use mp3s for notifications?

sam black sun 2

sam black sun 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung

does anyone know how to use mp3s for notifications?

the mp3's have to be less than 300kb to use them as ringtones or alarm tones, etc.. if you can cut down the mp3 to less than a minute and convert it to mono and reduce the bitrate to something like 96kbps it should be small enough to use.. there might be a way to use a full mp3 but i dont know how.. if its under 300kb it will show up in the list when your selecting sounds..

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
I'm going to lock this thread and redirect everyone to the Blackjack II (i617) forums here. There are too many topics here that would be better served as seperate threads there. Thanks!

Go here to freely post your questions and tips in a well organized manner:
http://www.modaco.co...617-MoDaCo-com/

-Nick

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Plus you swapped your BJII for a Q9H :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users