- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

mcnasta

mcnasta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

just to let you guys know it isnt a full tutorial as the full tutoruial goes more into depth. that just tells you how to get the display on and edit it.
the full tutorial will tell you everything.

i have been without an internt connection and have been relying on my schools computer to get here (internet sharing all of a suddent stoppped working) so i have sent my computers HDD to geek squad to see if they could find anything.

when i get the information and all the stuff taken care of (which will probably be next week) i will write the full tutorial. lunch is almost over here so i gotta go they are kicking me off.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Exactly

Midian

Midian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:shadow, iphone
did i or did i not already write a little tutorial on how to do it?
check my visiting history, after i posted that i wasnt here for like 3 weeks (as i said sent my HDD in and unfortunately, its unrecoverable without paying a lot of money so i said screw it and bought a new computer)
to be honest i forgot all about this.
oh well now that i remember i might as well write the full tutorial

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

did i or did i not already write a little tutorial on how to do it?
check my visiting history, after i posted that i wasnt here for like 3 weeks (as i said sent my HDD in and unfortunately, its unrecoverable without paying a lot of money so i said screw it and bought a new computer)
to be honest i forgot all about this.
oh well now that i remember i might as well write the full tutorial

But the question is whether or not this actually enables free calling to the numbers, like you originally claimed it would.

deyanimay

deyanimay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

But the question is whether or not this actually enables free calling to the numbers, like you originally claimed it would.

it doesnt enable free calling and he never said it did. Besides why would you want to steal from t-moobile when it just costs $10 a month more thats sad.

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Yes, it true, we have managed to unlock the MyFaves data so that we/us/you may do the following:
1)Call any 5 people free
2)use the data with the mobile to Mobile contract
3)use it without signing up for the contract

1) and 3) seems to imply free myfaves usage.

But I suspect this was due to a misunderstanding that 5faves and mobile-to-mobile were not possible in the same plan since t-mobile doesn't offer a standard plan with both. Turns out, mobile-to-mobile is an optional add-on feature to a myfaves plan.

JOKE: perhaps Midian finally got his phone bill, realized that he had to pay for all those 'free' calls, and couldn't pay his internet bill for a next month.

If you really just want to use the myfaves dialer, see here:
http://shadowregistr...s-revisted.html

Midian

Midian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
add the phone numbers to your emegency numbers list, and then add them to your my faves list. boy you will feel retarded when they arent listed on your bill

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

it doesnt enable free calling and he never said it did. Besides why would you want to steal from t-moobile when it just costs $10 a month more thats sad.

I never said I wanted to steal it, I work for T-Mobile and already pay for the MyFaves service.

JOKE: perhaps Midian finally got his phone bill, realized that he had to pay for all those 'free' calls, and couldn't pay his internet bill for a next month.

Haha.. Nice one Bob :)

add the phone numbers to your emegency numbers list, and then add them to your my faves list. boy you will feel retarded when they arent listed on your bill

What does adding the numbers to the emergency list have to do with MyFaves? You could in theory do this with any phone, but I have yet to see this work. Your claim was to use the MyFaves service for free, and you have been unable to prove it thus far.

deyanimay

deyanimay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Did you test this yet?

Midian

Midian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Did you test this yet?

me and 2 others tested it. we are working in a getting the menu up so its fully customizable. we did get it up but when the phone is rebooted, it goes away.

jinnzilla

jinnzilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno
there's no way this really works into fooling t-mobile to letting you call 5 people for free, as others have said on this post. and if it did.. you'd be in some major s*** with t-mobile for cheating them of their services. a cell phone is a 2 way kinda thing guys.. you know? tmobile gives us service, we send and receive calls from their service.. its not like it's a 1 way thing.. lol.. this is pretty stupid. i say FAIL

Midian

Midian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
you obviously dont know what spoofing a service means.
you can spoof free calls through the customer service line (old method using CDMA phones) same thing with adding phone numbers to the NAM's emergency contacts list (again with CDMA phones)
im almost done with the tutorial. expect it to be released soon.

jinnzilla

jinnzilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno

you obviously dont know what spoofing a service means.
you can spoof free calls through the customer service line (old method using CDMA phones) same thing with adding phone numbers to the NAM's emergency contacts list (again with CDMA phones)
im almost done with the tutorial. expect it to be released soon.

well my phone isnt CDMA, it has a SIM card. so what are you getting at.. again? lol.. i dont know dude but good luck with that, its just that i wont dick t-mobile out of their services that's all..

shadow mike

shadow mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Shadow

well my phone isnt CDMA, it has a SIM card. so what are you getting at.. again? lol.. i dont know dude but good luck with that, its just that i wont dick t-mobile out of their services that's all..

take your sim out and start your phone. It will go into emergency mode. Even though there is NO SIM you will be able to dial 911.

midians tut will show you how to add numbers to the emergency list (911 + fave1 + fave2 + fav3 + fave4 + fave5) i believe

jekelman

jekelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

lol well appearently your the only person who can get Myfaves and M2M (Mobile to Mobile) without doing this.
not exactly.....it is true we areny paying for it but isnt it enough that we bought the phones,got the contract and so on? why should we have to pay for something like this? but in a sence, we are cheating them which is why we dont plan on having this on for a long time.
it isnt exactly a full Myfaves (seeing as though you have to edit everything manually because there is no settings)

I also have m2m and myfaves and 4 lines on my plan.

shadow mike

shadow mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I also have m2m and myfaves and 4 lines on my plan.

yes, we have agreed that you can get my faves and mtm. the problem is... sales reps dont let customers know this. SO ALOT OF PPL DONT nor ever will have both on thier service.

when i bought my shadow. i got fave5 and asked if it included mtm i was told no. but was not told that i could get it for an extra fee. they made it sound like i couldnt.

treaty

treaty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:T-mo Shadow

yes, we have agreed that you can get my faves and mtm. the problem is... sales reps dont let customers know this. SO ALOT OF PPL DONT nor ever will have both on thier service.

when i bought my shadow. i got fave5 and asked if it included mtm i was told no. but was not told that i could get it for an extra fee. they made it sound like i couldnt.

Just for the record... I think this depends on where you'r at in the country. I'm in Seattle and I just renewed my contract a few weeks ago. All the pamphlets I got from T-mobile recently had MTM bundled in with the Fave5 plans.... I had to specifically request to be put on the family plan that had Fave5, but NOT MTM (because it was $10 a month cheaper)... by default, they only wanted to give me MTM with Fave5.

shadow mike

shadow mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Just for the record... I think this depends on where you'r at in the country. I'm in Seattle and I just renewed my contract a few weeks ago. All the pamphlets I got from T-mobile recently had MTM bundled in with the Fave5 plans.... I had to specifically request to be put on the family plan that had Fave5, but NOT MTM (because it was $10 a month cheaper)... by default, they only wanted to give me MTM with Fave5.

hmm weird. kinda like gas in cali is 5 bucks but is 2.50 here.

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

It's true, T-Mobile is based out of Washington, and Seattle is one of the major test markets for new promotions and features. Depending on the success of these plans in Seattle, we may start seeing them in the rest of the country.

Midian

Midian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
ok people good news!
just got the myFaves menu in the settings!!!!

for those of you who dont know what this means. let me just say its huge! normally whenever you wanted to add a contact, you would have to do it through a registry editor (in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome/CMyFaves/0-4 and HKLM/Software/HTC/My5/My5App/Contact_0-Contact_4)
but ever since the update, it looks like Microsoft left the encryption data for the Pim Provider open!
That means we can access to the full UI and settings of myFaves without the actual Data plan (just like our old method of unlocking myFaves but this made it alot easier and actually gave us full access to the UI and much more in its registry)

many thanks to shllim for finding this for me. im scrapping the old tutorial for a new one (seeing as though i updated my phone to try this out. the only downfall to updating my phone is that i noticed the ROM has become alot more secure. and the tutorial i was about to release only left access to myFaves until the phone was either A)turned off, B)disconnected from the computer, or C)the phone was on over 2 minutes)

now there are problems when doing this. CHome is no longer on the Neo UI (meaning no more little house icon, no more date, etc. the time is still available on the upper right hand corner like it would be on any other myFaves view)
for those sceptics, i will be releasing a video of this in a week (in high def ^__^ i got a new camera lol $400 but well worth it!) and then a week later will be followed up with video tutorial on how to do it and perhaps a week later, a CAB file will be made for easy use and no registry editing needed. hopefully the XML inside the CAB can do this. im pretty sure it can seeing as though ive seen CAB files do so much more.

well thats pretty much it for now. for those lazy people (or those who dont like/suck at reading) here is a list of upcomming events:
2/18/08) News released (myFaves data 99% unlocked on new update. thanks Microsoft for leaving the Pim provider open lol)
2/22/08) Proof-Of-Concept video released
2/25/08) Video tutorial on how to do it
2/29/08) CAB file built and released

some are business weeks but idc they are still technically weeks. hope you guys enjoy this stuff ^__^

-Midian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users