• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

Kulska

Kulska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Jack (Rogers)
Wow, just re-read my post a day later and realized in my fustration i did not include alot of info.

Phone is a Samsung Jack, i616.
Company is Rogers.
Running Windows Mobile 6.0

What steps and what files should i be using to have
working GPS, using maps stored on device card?

What GPS Program would others recomend?

Thanks all for any help.

conceptsti

conceptsti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:blackjack 2
just wanted to thank you
it worked great!!!!!!!!!!!

dc dude

dc dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I spent two days working on it and tried everything in the blog with no luck. But stumbled on to this back door way of getting the GPS and Google maps to work.

I'm using a BJII with AT&T data plan that is paid for through my company so I am not sure what they are actually paying for.
My steps were:
1) Install Hack
3)- Setup AT&T navigator
a) Download AT&T Navigator
:excl: Get PIN from AT&T
c) Enter the Phone and PIN
d) Find GPS via At&T Navigator
e) Close At&T Navigator
2) Open Google Maps
a) GPS Options set to "Managed by Windows"
:excl: Click find GPS
e) It locks in very fast.

It seems now that to make Google work I have to first go through AT&T and then I can switch back to Google. I haven't played with At&T enough to say exactly why I don't want to use it in the first place.

Good luck

Install the

D0kk3n

D0kk3n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Works perfect!! Installed the .CAB and that was it. I didn't have to do anything else other than locate GPS test. Found several free apps that also track your speed. I don't have a data plan so this is exactly what I was needing.

Edited by D0kk3n, 27 May 2009 - 06:42 PM.

bobloadmire

bobloadmire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Propel Pro
Does anyone have any advice for the samsung propel pro? its pretty much the same phone with slider and WiFi. I installed the hack, GPSID, GPStest, and Garmin XT. Google maps works fine, but i can't get garmin to see the built in GPS, or even my Bluetooth GPS. what gives? also GPStest won't find my gps unit at COM4, at any bod rate. Also i found if i open Garmin XT, and manually set it to COM4 bod 38400, and press info really quick, it will show me GPS coordinates, but at the top it will say "GPS OFF". what should i try? thanks guys.

bobloadmire

bobloadmire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Propel Pro

Does anyone have any advice for the samsung propel pro? its pretty much the same phone with slider and WiFi. I installed the hack, GPSID, GPStest, and Garmin XT. Google maps works fine, but i can't get garmin to see the built in GPS, or even my Bluetooth GPS. what gives? also GPStest won't find my gps unit at COM4, at any bod rate. Also i found if i open Garmin XT, and manually set it to COM4 bod 38400, and press info really quick, it will show me GPS coordinates, but at the top it will say "GPS OFF". what should i try? thanks guys.

so i feel extremely retarded. the gps was never locked to begin with, it was just so weak compared to my bluetooth one, i assumed it was not connecting. wow. It works fine, just a bit slow. so now i have 2 forms of gps, hooray!

a2gti

a2gti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile SDA
Was having problems with the new Samsung Jack's GPS. This worked for the Jack too!

Thanks!

Jodie Hank

Jodie Hank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:iPAQ hx4700
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your tools, but is it work as well for Samsung GT-B7320 Omnia Pro please?

zman94131

zman94131

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:bj2
any help would be appreciated!

i installed the gpsid utility and it works like a charm with a holux m1000 external gps--i went with the external gps bc i had the worst reception using the built in gps with garmin xt. (it was always losing satelite connection when i needed it most).

here is the problem--i plan on leaving the holux in the car and would like to be able to use the internal gps--but cant get the internal gps to work.

are any magic settings in gpsid that will make it work?

thanks again!

Reaper23

Reaper23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung BJ2
  • Twitter:@none
Hi guys, I read all the posts in here and i followed all the steps and i still can't get IGO ( Nav N GO 8.0.0.49545 July 30) to work. Google maps is working for me , but it sucks. Igo is faar nicer and the touch works great !
Was any one of you able to make IGO work ?

buteo

buteo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i600

Was having problems with the new Samsung Jack's GPS. This worked for the Jack too!
Thanks!

Hi,
I own a Samsung I637 Jack.
What GPS application(s) did you use with internal GPS?

Thanks

Holy Joe

Holy Joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 4G LTE

Works GREAT!!!! Remember to use COM4! Thanks for all of your work today Paul! Now AT&T wont be getting my phone back!

Just came across this.

Any idea if it will work with a Samsung Propel Pro? Mine is driving me nuts. I do NOT have the AT&T data plan. I'm looking for a way to use the GPS to track my position. (Also, trying to turn the WiFi back on - AT&T disables it when you drop the Data plan - help there would also be appreciated!)

Thanks,

Chad

Chad ~ "Holy Joe"
Keeping the 722nd Squadron of the 15th AF Alive in our hearts
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users