I've messed up my HTC Home Screen

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Guys, I was messing about with my phone just now. I installed SPB Pocket Plus. PLayed about with it. Decided I didnt like it, so took it off.

But now, I have a BIG Scroll Bar running down the side of the HTC Home Screen. The scroll bar scrolls through my Today Agenda items. But I never had this scroll bar up until I installed bloomin SPB Plus!!

I've tried everything to try and get rid of this scroll bar as it blocks off part of the date and last tab of my home screen. Ive adjusted the settings. Soft rested. EVERYTHING!

Help please :(

Guest dolbe666

the scroll bar is there because there is more programs plugins on your today screen than the screen can hold so now you have a scroll bar so you can scroll down. to remove the scroll bar just remove one of the plugins from your today screen. you must of changed the order or added something thats made it like that. go to settings/today/items and untick the items you dont need on the today screen

Guest sc0user_75

Hi guys. The funny thing is I only have the HTC Home and Today Agenda plugins ticked. No others are active at all. Thats why Im a little confused with the bar.

Also, when I scroll down even the home screen moves upwards - thus hiding the clock!!

I uninstalled SPB Plus by going into settings and using the remove programmes option.

COuld it possible be anything else?

Hi scOuser. sometimes the only way to completely remove a program is to re-install it and remove it from the Add/Remove progams in Tools in your activesync on your PC while your device is connected. Maybe give it a try before you go for a hard reset

Edited by Looby

sc0user's on a Mac :(

FWIW here's what I would do:

1. Uninstall all today plugins you can

2. Disable the rest.

3. Do a proper shutdown (hold power key)

4. Cross fingers and restart :D

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks guys for the help.

Ill try that tonight.

PS Don't shoot me down for this - but I thought holding down the power key to shut down was a Soft Reset? Or is the soft reset something different?

It is, and it isn't :(

A proper shutdown is a buletproof way of flushing the registry when any changes are made, sometimes a soft-reset just doesn't cut it. I'm not 100% sure of the technicalities behind it but it ensures any changes made are written to the device properly

and as you've been uninstalling software there's every chance you have some pending. In all honesty it's probably unnecessary, but you never know....

Guest sc0user_75

So, how do I carry out a Soft Reset?

The way Ive always done it is by holding down the power button. I then get a message asking if Im sure I wanna shut down. I click YES. And voila, phone is shut down. I then restart it again.

Guest sc0user_75

Well, after all the messing around, swearing, kicking and punching - in the end I had to do a hard reset.

But to look on the bright side, I will now re-organise everything on the phone a lot better. Im actually gonna create a CABS folder on my storage card and use that as a backup :(

Thanks all who tried to help :D

Guest NuShrike
Well, after all the messing around, swearing, kicking and punching - in the end I had to do a hard reset.

But to look on the bright side, I will now re-organise everything on the phone a lot better. Im actually gonna create a CABS folder on my storage card and use that as a backup :(

Thanks all who tried to help :D

The way to fix this is to move HTC Home to be the top plugin. Then you use HTC Home Customiser to "lock" it, and then the scroll bar will go away.

Oh well, you couldn't wait.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest NuShrike
A hard-reset isn't always a bad thing! Keep your CABs on your card, and use the excellent PIMBackup you can HR and get back to where you were in no time :(
How do I backup my preferences? Such as ring tone settings for each contact, brightness settings, keyboard settings, etc etc. I'm getting really tired of setting stuff back up after a rom flash/hard-reset.

It was so much cleaner and thorough on PalmOS with Hotsync.

Not sure if PIM Backup keeps your contact ringtones or not, don't use em myself.

regarding tweaks etc I always export the reg key, and keep them in my 'backups' folder for easy re-importing after a hard-reset :(

You can do this with Resco BTW