T-Mobile to launch 'Touch Dual' as 'Touch Plus'

Guest PaulOBrien

Cheers Mono. Not sure what shop I was in - it was purple so does that mean O2? I will try and force myself across the threshold of an Orange shop next time I pass.

Purple...I think you're thinking of the Ted Baker Needle which is basically a purple, enhanced version of the original touch.

I saw this device today in Orange, along with the Kaiser and original touch for the first time. It's so small! makes my Trinity look like a house! A lot smaller than the Kaiser too..hmmmmm

Guest jayz1220

Greenturtle,

Are you able to tell us what the name of the "Free internet browsing any time" was called would make it easier for me to get it added to my account when I upgrade next week? I have been in a dispute with Orange for the last 6 weeks (2 of which i have had no service) and am about to go tell Orange to stick their service where the sun does'nt shine. The only thing that will keep me is some unlimited data service an a Touch Dual.

Regards

J

Guest Monolithix

That looks like it's actually a corporate account that DSGi has decided to offer to all of its employees, do you pay Orange directly or do they take the money from your wages?

As for the 18 thing, thats the law, you can't get credit until you're an adult...

Guest greenturtle

Hmm that's what Customer Services said but I'm still not convinced so I'm going to give my Orange DSGi representative a buzz and see if she knows any thing more. I can't even get the discount even if my parents took out the contract so I am completely unable to even get my 40% discount which sucks. So I decided I would just take out a £30 Dolphin Contract and pay the full amount.

They actually called me instead of replying to the email and I was told to ring the Contract helpline thing and 'negotiate' about this offer.

From then I was then screwed around by customer services after my 20 minute wait on hold.

I was laughed at for using being told to 'negotiate'.

Told that on some random contract, prices vary online and phone for example a Dolphin £30 contract would cost £20 for the handset over the phone but free online?

He then told me he wasn't going to accept responsibility or help me out after the woman that had called in reply to my email for what she had told me.

Then after being told that 'Orange should be releasing a competitive Data Plan sometime but they haven't done it yet' I stated that the service I had received was terrible and that I have been lied to.

Then I just ended with 'I shall be calling back within the next month to move my number across to T-mobile so I can take out a web and walk contract with them with their version of the Touch Dual' to which he replied 'Ok' and hung up.

I've been with them for 5 years and it's a bit sad this is how they treat long term customers.

Oh well.....

Guest greenturtle

Ok scrap all that discount crap. After getting off the phone with my DSGi Orange rep I realised it was just pointless as she was clueless as well so I gave up.

Basically I'm very impatient and I don't think I could wait a un-specific month for the 'Touch Plus' so I gave Orange a call to ask about Data.

He opened with 'Are you upgrading from PAYG and keeping you're number' to which I replied 'yes'.

Automatically he said 'I could have the £35 Dolphin Contract for a feeble £21.50 a month!!'

Stunned I then went on to ask about Data to which he replied £5 for Off peak and Weekends or £8 for Anytime. Seeing as I need data for me to use the 'Touch Dual' for what I want I took the £8 Anytime Unlimited Data package and went onto getting my Dad to take the Contract Out for me.

£29.50 - 600 minutes, Unlimited Texts and Data Anytime.

Ok so I could have just waited a Month and got a WnW Flext Contract for £25 (Up to 450 mins or 900 texts) or £30 for (Up to 900 mins or 1800 texts) but this saves me the hassle of Moving To T-mobile with my Number as well as being able to use the excuse of 'being a customer with Orange for over 5 years and this is how you treat me!'.

I am really pleased with Orange now :( and cannot wait till Thursday!!!

Ok so I'm off to Mobymemory.com to pick up one of those 8gb iPhone Killer Memory Cards!!

Sam :D

Edited by greenturtle

Guest greenturtle

Yeh well pleased! So Orange still listen to me ever since the whole making Orange upgrade my C550 to the C600 back in the day.... :(

They sure look good! Amazing what you can fit inside nothing these days.

Sam

Guest greenturtle

Ha!

'Oh yeh and theres a 30mb fair usage policy with the £8 package but no-one actually notices if you go over and you won't actually get charged so I wouldn't worry'

Haha! I quote the Orange Contract Salesman!

Guest Monolithix

Good luck with that :(

As for the deal, pretty good isn't it? I've seen it before and been tempted. I've no problem with O or their service and would happily go back, once they get an "official" sensible data package!

Ha!

Haha! I quote the Orange Contract Salesman!

I was with Orange for over 6 years and believe me most of their staff dont know what they're talking about. Personally I wouldnt have risked going on a quote on from one of their staff, esp if it says limited to 30mb in their terms and conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix

I popped into the T-mobile shop in West Quay (Southampton) last week, they've had an info pack through but nothing more specific than this month sometime apparently...

Guest Zach2k

Ok, I just called T-mobile sales and the guy went and checked and then gave a pretty confident release date...18th of January. He said they wont have any information on costs until the 17th. Also it should be available 'across the board' i.e. in all the shops too.

Guest Zach2k

Ok, just under a week to go.

Does anyone know as a new customer to T-Mobile is it possible to bargain with them?

I've called them a couple of times and they dont seem to budge on the prices they have on their website :s

Guest Zach2k
Nope, not that i've heard. It's a saturated market, so why would they?

Well I was offered 6 months half price line rental on my last contract at vodafone when I was on the brink of turning down their standard offer as a new customer. And when I worked at Orange we were instructed only to offer the standard contracts unless a customer came in saying they were offered one of two offers from Three, and only then could we offer them a better deal. So its not exactly an unheard of concept.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.