Paul (MVP) vs awarner (MVP)

Guest tsutton

Guest awarner (MVP)

Privilage insurance are useless and I would advise anyone thinking of using them to stay clear.

They are ok and helpful until you make a claim then YOU have to do most of the leg work and they do not keep you informed of what is happening.

The story so far....

I spoke to the police to see what they were doing, they explained they had spoken to Privilage. So I called Privilage and they claimed they had no details so I ended up giving them the car details that the police had given me and also the police number they had to call to ask for the incident report.

Few days into the New Year...

I called the garage in Southampton who supposidly had the car only to be told good old Privilage had not arranged for green flag to pick the car up from the recovery site as agreed. The garage had then sent their own crew over to get the car only to find they did not have the equipment to lift the car onto their transport as they only deal with roll on roll off. I was then told that Privilage were aware of this and that they were not dealing with my car.

Gave privilage another call to be told an insurance inspector would look at the car the following monday. I called the recovery team as I wanted to make sure all my belongings had been removed and informed them about the inpector coming to see the car. Good job I had called them as they had not heard anything about what was happening since they picked the car up from the crash.

As yet I'm still waiting to be given an offer from Privilage as to what they will give me for the car, at least they have now said it's a write off (told them that from the off :( )

I'm now the owner of a Ford Mondeo thanks to an endowment I had to cash in which was supposed to be towards reducing my mortgage.

Lets just hope the personal injury claim etc will help recoup some money.

Guest tsutton

Sorry to hear you're having problems with Privilege. :( Did you take out legal cover? If not, they usually ask you to do the work a bit.

I had Legal cover with my previous insurance (Quinn Direct) and they got someone local to me helping me and sorted it out very quickly.

I have now since moved to Adrain Flux due to my modification toward my car and also they were cheapest for me.

Hope you will get this sorted out very soon.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Yep got leagal cover etc but they were not interested in using it. I had to force the issue, but by that time I had already sorted out a hire car etc to bridge the gap between getting a new car. Privilage do not communicate to the customer and appear poor on their internal record keeping as well.

Paul, I gave up on the ceed as the Mondeo was better spec and at a good price, 05 plate with 30k on the clock plus it was a Ghia which makes all the difference :D

And cheers for the avatar, shame the cars on it's roof and not on it's side :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
If the car would had been worth much in the first place.

Just got to wait and see what happens.

wow i just dont understand how a small car can flip your van lol.

im glad your ok tho.

• 3 weeks later...

Ash -

Glad you're OK following the pile-up. read about that in the news: Nasty, to say the least.

On the insurance firm problems: Threaten them with the Insurance Ombudsman for NOT doing their job, but not before you check the policy document and ensure that you're about to ding them for not doing what they advertise to do in that document!

I had problems with an insurance firm when my Pugeot 405 was nicked from my under-flats car park (secured with a residents' remote GDO system) a couple of years back; luckily this was through the AA Insurance scheme, so all I had to do was complain to the AA, but even so, the Insurance Ombudsman has a fair few powers at his disposal - well worth considering.

Hope this helps.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Well they finally paid up, and a nice ammount as well, but they have witheld £300 excess until the last paperwork gets sorted. Aparently the police are still deciding wether to prosecute the driver that hit me.

Knee is better but aches during the day most of the time.

Guest Confucious

Glad you've got a payout you're happy with. Hope you're knee gets better - how's the rest of you're family - are they OK?

Does the payout mean you can afford a decent phone? :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

Family ok, payout went on the new car, I had to cash in my endowment to change my mortgage as it was heading for a shortfall of 30k so some of that went on the car as well.