3 replies to this topic

ferret

ferret

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
Hi,

Before I defect from Orange and buy a Touch 256 from T-Mobile tomorrow, I'd like to know what type of WiFi security the touch is capable of.

At home I have a wireless AP with WPA2-PSK security and SSID broadcast disabled. Will the touch handle this as I'm not prepared to reduce my AP to the joke that is WEP. I can't find any information on the internet regarding this.

Cheers.

Edited by ferret, 03 December 2007 - 09:55 PM.

SilentBob

SilentBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
I am using my Touch (unfortunately not the 256 :( ) with my wireless router using WPA-PSK. This works absolutely fine, as it also does with my old Wizard (Vario). I haven't turned off my SSID broadcast, but can't see this as an issue.

bydandie

bydandie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:v1615, MDA Touch 256Mb, XDA IQ

Hi,

Before I defect from Orange and buy a Touch 256 from T-Mobile tomorrow, I'd like to know what type of WiFi security the touch is capable of.

At home I have a wireless AP with WPA2-PSK security and SSID broadcast disabled. Will the touch handle this as I'm not prepared to reduce my AP to the joke that is WEP. I can't find any information on the internet regarding this.

Cheers.

The MDA 256Mb supports WPA2 up to AES standard. PSK will be fine.

4Winmobile.com
MDA Touch 128Mb, Ameo, QTek v1605, MDA Vario, MPx220, XDAII, Axim X5, Palm Vx

ferret

ferret

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
Thanks for the answers guys. I went out and bought it anyway. It connects nicely to the network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users