SDHC support with Q9H?

Guest micaels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can soomeone post the model/part number for the SDHC card(s) that have worked? I tried a SanDisk 2GB microSDHC, but as I remember the last part of the part number was something like "-A11M". Or it might have been a "K" (I've slept since then :-). I went to the SanDisk web site and they indicate a "-A10M" is the preferred part number.

I have a Moto Q9h with AT&T and would like to add a 4-,6-, or 8-GB microSDHC card (the applications I'm loading are beginning to eat up memory - I guess that's one of the cool things about the Q9h and WM6, you can get alot of really good applications to add on).

Thanks,

Guest Astro_Digital

I got a SanDisk 8GB microSDHC card it works fine and I was told the maximum limit will be 32GB.

If a 32GB card is ever released I do not think I will buy it but it would be so cool.

32GB take that you 8GB iPhone fanboys !!!!

Here is the thing Motorola's Web site says the maximum limit is 2GB. I do not have a clue why they would not say it take up to 32GB microSD cards if it work in every case.

Motorola says 2GB and some people put in 4GB cards that did not work. Try the 8GB card if you like but it fear it is hit and miss so I can not say for sure it will work.

Guest Wavelabs

This is really good to know, because AT&T said to me 8 days ago that I can only insert a 3gig microSD card

in the phone and if I place a larger microSD card in the phone , I would void the warrentee on it.

I don't believe them anyways, because I know they just want to tie people down.

Now I know :) And as soon as I get the Q9H phone I will try a 8gig SD card.

Guest dwboston
This is really good to know, because AT&T said to me 8 days ago that I can only insert a 3gig microSD card

in the phone and if I place a larger microSD card in the phone , I would void the warrentee on it.

I don't believe them anyways, because I know they just want to tie people down.

Now I know :) And as soon as I get the Q9H phone I will try a 8gig SD card.

When I put the 8GB card in the phone and formatted it, an "error" message popped up warning that the card was bigger than 4GB. I just hit OK and the phone formatted the card and it is all usable space. I currently have 5.5GB of music and program files on the card and haven't had any issues with it.

• 8 months later...
Guest asterix007
I have a SanDisk 8GB microSDHC and it works fine as well.

Could you please clarify if you tried it on the Q9h (global BLACK) or the newer Q9h Silver addition ?

Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)

Hello

If you have Q9H euro version you may have a problem with sdhc card (not see )

Please instal this cab file --> working great with kingston 4gb and 8gb , 16gb is not tested ...

chears @

sdhc.cab

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest wm_adm

YOUR FILE atteched is just no need

Hello

If you have Q9H euro version you may have a problem with sdhc card (not see )

Please instal this cab file --> working great with kingston 4gb and 8gb , 16gb is not tested ...

chears @

Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)
YOUR FILE atteched is just no need

Hello

Hey buddy this file is for Moto with WM 6.0 EU ver without update to WM 6.1 So your comment file is not need ...