- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

AlexTime

AlexTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

f) Update all the following entries to the same value "http://mobile.three.co.uk/948" (do not include the "double quotes")
BackupHost
CallUrl
DefaultSkHost
Pushhost (if it exists; if it does not , do not manually create it)

Where did you get the http://mobile.three.co.uk/948 address? I am looking for the same address for three italy; I have a skypephone but I would loke to use iskoot on my Kaiser.

therafiman

therafiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500, MDA Vario III
It's the BackupServerUrl field in the jad file (java version). I don't know if that's the way secret.simon got it, but it's one method.

AlexTime

AlexTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It's the BackupServerUrl field in the jad file (java version). I don't know if that's the way secret.simon got it, but it's one method.

Thanks but, in Italy we can use skype only with the skypephone which does not use the java client but an iskoot custom client, so I cannot read the BackupServerUrl field. Thanks for your help anyway.

labtec

labtec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:k850i
I know this might be a wrong thread to ask. Please help, anyone, if you don't mind.

I got a LG cookie and I installed ONLY the "Skype_2.0.40_SEW910I_UK_Modified.jar" file. However, skype failed to connect no matter how many times I tried. I didn't know what went wrong. Do I need to change the .jad file?

Can anyone help please?

pparmar231

pparmar231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:kaiser

Congratulations secret.simon on getting the proper iskoot version working!

I tried to modify the cab file to setup the registry but unfortunately it just overwrites the settings again on the first run. So I made another cab to run seperately which adds the registry mods:

To use this file, make sure you run it after steps a AND B as described by secret.simon. ie. The steps would be:

a. Install the iSkoot client
b. Start the client, but exit before signing in
c. Install mod cab file (above). No need to run anything after install.

Also for those who still need the newer java version, here it is:

Hi therafiman. I have just bought MDA Vario III and unlocked it. I can use 3 Sim on it. To get Skype free in what order I should install software, ie. iskoot_mod_3mobile.rar first or Skype_2....Modified.rar. also .jad and .jar files which file should I install first. Help will be appriciate.

brinstar

brinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond, Kaiser
it might be the wrong place to ask this, but i have got the iskoot client working for skype, and now would also like to use the 3 network for the free Windows Live Messenger, which i know is possible on a skype phone. i did also get it working on my kaiser, but i don't remember which rom i used. i think i remember reading something about it depending on a certain Java version.

would it be possible to hack the registry to pass the native WLM client the correct connection settings and use that instead of the flaky Java version? that would be ideal, but if not i will have to get a rom with the correct java version and use the java WLM client.

therafiman

therafiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500, MDA Vario III
The native WLM client works with three, without any registry hacks - I've used it lots of times. You're not forced to use the java version like in the past.

brinstar

brinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The native WLM client works with three, without any registry hacks - I've used it lots of times. You're not forced to use the java version like in the past.

what rom are you using, because my WLM is not connecting for some reason?? do i have to set up anything specially, apart from the initial connection setup. i am using BsB WM6.5 but im assuming WLM always connects the same way regardless of what version is used. iskoot definitely works though.

brinstar

brinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

im not disputing what therafiman is saying but has anyone else got the native Windows Live Messenger app working on 3 (i.e. for free in the same way the Skype app works)? I have only so far managed to get the java client to connect *for free*, not sure why the native version isn't working.

Can anyone verify this?

Jez83UK

Jez83UK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hermes

The native WLM client partly works on three for me. I can't log-on on three, but if I log-on using a activesync or wifi connection, and then turn that connection off, the three 3g then starts up and WLM stays connected. This isn't a free connection though. Only the java version works for free for me.

Graham6846

Graham6846

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:imate 8502
Hi M8s particularly Therafiman & Secret Simon
Let me firstly say , What a brilliant job the pair of you are doing to get the Skype service working on Three with WM ,magnificent
I simply can NOT understand 3s great reluctance to give us a working program compatible with WM , all they are doing is antagonising customers ( Oh well enough of my gripes)

But I need Help as I am struggling?
I have 3 on monthly plus £5 bolt with my own unlocked Imate 8502 on WM 6.

I live on the border of a 3 area and sometimes connect to Orange so to seriously test I have to go a mile down the road.

I have installed onto my Phone “NETCFSetupv35.msi” then to see which is best for me I have both the "iSkootForSkype1.1.54_WMpro cab" file with the "iskoot mod" and also the "Skype_2.0.40_SEW910I_UK_Modified"

On the iSkoot version , using “test Call” the program phoned the Skype Services number via the actual telephone .

Connecting On Orange with what they say is 3 Edge services , should this call connect via the phone as I would have thought connection via data line’s.

With the Java version , when I try to use the Call testing service the program colour’s loose some of their intensity ( dull off-white) and the connection arrows go round & round & round 10+ mins , eventually I have to remove Batt and re-start

Any ideas with either of my concerns ?

Regards
graham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users