• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:HTC TYTN II
My car, or indeed the standard radio that comes in the car with is bluetooth compatable, therefore i am able to pair my phone and make/receive calls using the screen in my car, except, my TYTN II doesn't work properly, let me try and explain -

When i make a call it rings but sounds awful, when someone answers they here a horrible noise their end and can't hear me speaking, if i then click the button the car to move the call to my handset they can hear me fine and i can hear them, i am then able to puch the button on the car to move the call back to handsfree and everything works as it should.

It is 100% something wrong with the phone as i have tried several other phones in the car and they work fine. Has anyone else experienced similiar or have any ideas on what i could try to resolve this issue?

regards,

dkindred

Posted Image

hotphil

hotphil

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Twitter:@_phil_kingston
Is it worth trying the Bluetooth patch HTC have released? See the News section for details on it, think it mentioned something about improving handsfree performance/issues.

G00n3r

G00n3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:S730/Tytn 2/N95/S710

My car, or indeed the standard radio that comes in the car with is bluetooth compatable, therefore i am able to pair my phone and make/receive calls using the screen in my car, except, my TYTN II doesn't work properly, let me try and explain -

When i make a call it rings but sounds awful, when someone answers they here a horrible noise their end and can't hear me speaking, if i then click the button the car to move the call to my handset they can hear me fine and i can hear them, i am then able to puch the button on the car to move the call back to handsfree and everything works as it should.

It is 100% something wrong with the phone as i have tried several other phones in the car and they work fine. Has anyone else experienced similiar or have any ideas on what i could try to resolve this issue?

regards,

dkindred

You could also try googling for Jetware, it works pretty well for me.

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Is it worth trying the Bluetooth patch HTC have released? See the News section for details on it, think it mentioned something about improving handsfree performance/issues.

unfortunately mine is an Orange branded device which i believe will leave me unable to download from the htc site???

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Jetware is great, but if HTC have released a patch, i'd install that too... it fixes SOMETHING, so IMHO it's worth installing!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Jetware is great, but if HTC have released a patch, i'd install that too... it fixes SOMETHING, so IMHO it's worth installing!

P

ok, managed to do that, will report back when i've tried (probably tomorrow now) thanks everyone :(

Posted Image

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
installed the patch, rebooted, re-paired bluetooth, but guess what? no difference :( anybody have any other ideas what i could try?

Posted Image

evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz

installed the patch, rebooted, re-paired bluetooth, but guess what? no difference :o anybody have any other ideas what i could try?

Same here. I was excited to read about that new BT patch, hoping it would finally fix extremely poor quality of sound and voice dialling over BT headset - but I've installed, rebooted tested, and.. got very disappointed. No difference at all. Same rubbish as before. :(

BTW, I've recently got myself Ericsson T39m (just £9.99 on eBay in pretty decent condition!) - very old, but still very good phone, one of the first phones EVER with Bluetooth on board. And guess what - BT sound quality in that phone is just great! And I can't believe voice dialling could be so easy and... just working as it should! And bear in mind, this is a phone from the beginning of this decade...

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

GrzegorzBIAL

GrzegorzBIAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

installed the patch, rebooted, re-paired bluetooth, but guess what? no difference :( anybody have any other ideas what i could try?

I've got the same. Could somebody help us ?

My rom is 1.83.464.0 PLK (polish original version). Is this patch is good for my version of ROM ?

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
its a welcome relief to know i'm not the only one with this problem! Please guys, let me know if u come up with a solution, this is driving me bananas!

Posted Image

louis78

louis78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
dkindred
What is your car ?
I have exactly the same problem as you describe and this is on a NiSSAN embarqued car kit (a new X-Trail)
I have tested the HTC patch and no improvement.
Louis

ombre33

ombre33

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
I am *not* too sure if this is gonna help as this link relates to a2dp, but maybe its worth a try?

.-ombre-.

Signature? What signature??

louis78

louis78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I am *not* too sure if this is gonna help as this link relates to a2dp, but maybe its worth a try?

.-ombre-.

Many Thanks ombre33, but no improvements after having tried that.
Happy New Year !
Louis

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

dkindred
What is your car ?
I have exactly the same problem as you describe and this is on a NiSSAN embarqued car kit (a new X-Trail)
I have tested the HTC patch and no improvement.
Louis

That is exactly the car i was using it with! Scary!

I do actually work for a Nissan dealership and can assure u there's nothing wrong with ur car :(

Posted Image

louis78

louis78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

That is exactly the car i was using it with! Scary!

I do actually work for a Nissan dealership and can assure u there's nothing wrong with ur car :(

we are not alone...
http://forum.xda-dev...ighlight=nissan
it concerns also Renault, Citroen, ...

Hope htc will issue a patch
Louis

dkindred

dkindred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

we are not alone...
it concerns also Renault, Citroen, ...

Hope htc will issue a patch
Louis

if u pair ur x-trail up, when u make or recieve a call, as soon as the calls connected, select the option on the screen of ur car for 'handset', u can then pick up the handset, say "hello" and in the mean time push the "phone" button on ur radio, that will then reconnect u via bluetooth and be crystal clear.

Not ideal, but it's a work-around of sorts.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously i can't recommend u do that as it's illegal to pick up ur handset while driving but it does work (i tried while sitting in the drive :( )

Posted Image

Subliminal Aura

Subliminal Aura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:ipaq 3630|Nokia 6210i|BooTooth

BTW, I've recently got myself Ericsson T39m (just £9.99 on eBay in pretty decent condition!) - very old, but still very good phone, one of the first phones EVER with Bluetooth on board. And guess what - BT sound quality in that phone is just great! And I can't believe voice dialling could be so easy and... just working as it should! And bear in mind, this is a phone from the beginning of this decade...

Soooo true but you can't top me when I believe I was one of the very first people to bluetooth my 6210 using an extended bluetooth battery and Nokia's connectivity pack which wasn't even bluetooth 1.0 certified ! Even wrote a howto - this must have been towards the end of 2000.

ps Wasn't the the 6310i earlier than the ericson ? Oh dear I'm old :| !!!

evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz

ps Wasn't the the 6310i earlier than the ericson ? Oh dear I'm old :| !!!

I'm not sure, actually - but I did quick google look up, and it turned out Ericsson was the first:

http://www.pcadvisor....cfm?NewsID=100

But anyway - whichever was first, they all seem to deal way better with Bluetooth headsets than our all-in-one-super-duper-toy called HTC Kaiser. :|

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

Subliminal Aura

Subliminal Aura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:ipaq 3630|Nokia 6210i|BooTooth

I'm not sure, actually - but I did quick google look up, and it turned out Ericsson was the first:

http://www.pcadvisor....cfm?NewsID=100

Actually I do remember now as my mate had the ericson a few months after my nonsense with the 6210 and bluetooth battery kit. I upgraded to a 6310i must have been after him. I think I can remember the blurb about the ericson being the first BT phone. Heh.

But anyway - whichever was first, they all seem to deal way better with Bluetooth headsets than our all-in-one-super-duper-toy called HTC Kaiser. :|

So true the Kaiser has more power than pcs had 10 years back so errrr come on sort out the software guys !

tasminracer

tasminracer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:spv m5000
I've been having some problems with my orange tytnii and a parrot rythem'n'blues radio/cd/car kit.

random voice quality, some times i can hear but they cant hear me, and more recently some times as soon as the phone syncs the radio thinks a call is being initiated...

non of these with my spv m5000 ;-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users