- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

louis78

louis78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

if u pair ur x-trail up, when u make or recieve a call, as soon as the calls connected, select the option on the screen of ur car for 'handset', u can then pick up the handset, say "hello" and in the mean time push the "phone" button on ur radio, that will then reconnect u via bluetooth and be crystal clear.

Not ideal, but it's a work-around of sorts.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously i can't recommend u do that as it's illegal to pick up ur handset while driving but it does work (i tried while sitting in the drive :( )

Thanks, I was aware of this work-around

For info, I was using with the same x-trail car kit a HTC Artemis (also called HTC P3300 or SPV M650 by Orange).
The Artemis is running on WM5 and it works well.

Random Tox

Random Tox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been following this thread and am still a bit unclear about the extent of the bluetooth issue with the Tytn II. I was about to purchase this device but having read this thread, I'm now a bit nervous about doing so. Does this issue affect pretty much all car kits / headsets across the board or is it just with a few brands?

I would be looking to use the Tytn II with a nokia car kit via a bluetooth link but if the sound quality of a call is really poor I may have to reconsider. Can anyone comment on how widespread the issue is?

Cheers.

evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz

I've been following this thread and am still a bit unclear about the extent of the bluetooth issue with the Tytn II. I was about to purchase this device but having read this thread, I'm now a bit nervous about doing so. Does this issue affect pretty much all car kits / headsets across the board or is it just with a few brands?

For me, personally, issue mostly concerns voice dialling - but I'm not 100% if it's because of BT overall, voice speed dial application, or maybe my headset. I'm going to test it soon with new BT headset soon and I'll see what happens. Voice calls themselves are actually not that bad, however they are clearly worse than in other phones I've had before. Google around, also on xda-dev forums - AFAIR there is quite big thread about that issue.

I would be looking to use the Tytn II with a nokia car kit via a bluetooth link but if the sound quality of a call is really poor I may have to reconsider. Can anyone comment on how widespread the issue is?

Friend of mine has Nokia car kit over BT, and also recently changed to Kaiser. He confirmed that quality of calls are much worse than before (he was using SE K800i). :(

BTW, I'm really surprised to see that people are more concerned about slow video playback, and the fact they can't watch full-length movies and stuff on their Kaisers, so they actually are gathering votes over petition to HTC to do sth about it - while Bluetooth voice quality over headset, as one of the really really basic features in business-like phone is well known bug, but not that many people seem to care about it after all. :(

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

evb

evb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Diamond Touch HD
I see that one year later, HTC didn't correct this problem in his new Diamond Touch HD phone.
I'm driving a Renault Laguna and have exactly the same problem as described in the first message : poor audio connection and the other side can't hear me.

Did somebody find a solution for this problem?

<edit> I found myself the solution: update the rom software in Carmina system with the latest version and the problems are gone <\edit>

Edited by evb, 20 March 2009 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users