6 replies to this topic

StGeorge

StGeorge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
I am really keen on this handset but had a quick question for anyone who is using Exchange for push email on Orange......

My last O branded handset was a M3100 and getting push email to work was, to be frank, a right royal pain in the ar$e! Orange would not let you install unsigned certificates on the device and as our exchange server uses a self signed certificate this caused several headaches to circumvent! So, my questions are:
  • Does anyone know if this is a general O security setting and therefore an issue on this device?
  • Is there any easy work around that doesnt involve any changes to our Exchange server?
  • Would I be better off loading a HTC ROM and if so are there any about?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, I actually think I favour the new ROM approach given that I recently needed to unlock an M3100 and decided to go the whole hog and load WM6 on it too and realised just how simple it was! Although doing it to a brand new device does worry me slightly!

e

Previous Devices: HTC Touch Dual, Palm Treo 750v, SPV M3100, SPV C500...
Laptop / Netbook: Dell XPS M1210 & Samsung NC10 in blue with 2GB upgrade.

ashley

ashley

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I am really keen on this handset but had a quick question for anyone who is using Exchange for push email on Orange......

My last O branded handset was a M3100 and getting push email to work was, to be frank, a right royal pain in the ar$e! Orange would not let you install unsigned certificates on the device and as our exchange server uses a self signed certificate this caused several headaches to circumvent! So, my questions are:

• Does anyone know if this is a general O security setting and therefore an issue on this device?
  • Is there any easy work around that doesnt involve any changes to our Exchange server?
  • Would I be better off loading a HTC ROM and if so are there any about?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, I actually think I favour the new ROM approach given that I recently needed to unlock an M3100 and decided to go the whole hog and load WM6 on it too and realised just how simple it was! Although doing it to a brand new device does worry me slightly!

e

It's quite happy installing home baked certificates and exchange works really well on it

Edited by ashley, 01 January 2008 - 11:31 PM.

StGeorge

StGeorge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

It's quite happy installing home baked certificates and exchange works really well on it

thanks for the reply - that may be the final incentive I need - might phone Orange now!!

Ed

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Orange might not let you - but if you app unlock first you should have no problem. As your company is paying you're obviously not worried about data charges - otherwise you'd use T-Mobile!

Edited by Confucious, 02 January 2008 - 12:41 PM.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

StGeorge

StGeorge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Orange might not let you - but if you app unlock first you should have no problem. As your company is paying you're obviously not worried about data charges - otherwise you'd use T-Mobile!

It is my company so me paying :( I actaully have a good data deal with O (provided I can keep it when I upgrade!) so I think I am one of the lucky ones! Is this handset easy to unlock?

Ed

StGeorge

StGeorge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Is this handset easy to unlock?

If only I had searched the answer was here all along!

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
What data deal do you have with O if you don't mind me asking?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users