Vista One Step Install Disk

Guest webcomconsulting

Guest webcomconsulting

I have made an one step install Vista ultimate ISO for the ASUS EEE PC that fits on a 1 gig usb stick or a regular CDROM. Then you can use your ASUS EEE PC driver disk for video and wireless..and the rest.

Not sure if you really want Vista anyways, but it does work really smooth on a 4gig model with 1gig of ram. I havent tried it yet on my other 512meg model.

Working on the final steps of my Tiger OS today, will have it up and running soon.

Edited by webcomconsulting

Guest webcomconsulting

Just do a search on google for this...( been uploaded ) everywhere!!! 100% working

windows.Ultra.Vista.CD.V1.iso

Just download and burn image to a cd or use winrar to extract to a 1 gig usb key. It installs all by itself, just sit and watch! Once done just use the ASUS driver disk you got and install all and your done! Too easy, really that simple!

To be just a little more detailed with your drivers, go into device manager and do update drivers for each one and point to ASUS CD. You will have one unknown device left ( thats the camera ) You need to install from the ASUS CD from the drivers section, the ACPI ( run setup ). Once your done that on the ASUS CD go to the SOFTWARE folder on the disk and choose ASUSUPDATE and run the setup.exe in there.

Your done everything...Thats it

Guest webcomconsulting
Could you confirm this is NOT cracked?

Personally i'd much rather vLite my own ISO (dead easy) than download who knows what from the web.

P

Your funny Paul,

I must quote you "who knows what from the web", thats like saying, why should we believe you or anything you say about the ASUS. Its part of life Paul, people tend to try things them selves first. I have used this process on 3 out of 5 of my ASUS EEE PCS and they run perfect and not have to go through such a huge process for a "PC". REMEMBER it is only a PC running PC operating SYSTEMS, dont make any more complicated than its needs to be. Now as for the the MAC OS, thats a whole other story!

Now let me say if it wasnt for PAUL, i would have tried at all. Thanks to all his efforts and his research has made owning a ASUS EEE PC fun and a great learning experience. I swore I would never touch another PC, but these things are just great. Oh, yeah...For people wanting to know about Video chat! I have tested MSN CHAT and AOL chat and both work perfect! Havent seen that on Linx...

Ya see Paul, us MAC user just like things that just work! We dont like to mess around with to much, just wanna give people what they ask for.

I wanna see everyone happy with the ASUS EEE PC and I will share with all.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Way to go ASUS, Way to go PAUL!!!!!!! :(

Guest Paul (MVP)

My concern primarily was whether the download linked was a cracked versino, which is against site rules. I also don't see downloading a huge great file is really easier than just vLite'ing yourself!

I'm a Mac user as my primary machine btw, typing this on my Mac now!

P

Guest webcomconsulting
My concern primarily was whether the download linked was a cracked versino, which is against site rules. I also don't see downloading a huge great file is really easier than just vLite'ing yourself!

P

your making me LAUGH again Paul....

All I know is I tried your way and I didnt like it. I used my way and everything works solid as a rock within 25 min.

PSSST! Paul...Been using Macs alone time and im glad your another mac user, but please.....people want easy! Remember Easy to Work, Easy to Learn, Easy to Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest webcomconsulting

P

IS IT AGAINST SITE RULES? HUMMMM LET ME THINK HERE! DOESNT IT STATE IN THE FINE PRINT IN YOUR BOX "WINDOWS XP,XP PRO, VISTA"....THAT NO ALTERATION CAN BE MADE TO THE OS. IT MUST BE INSTALLED AS IS.

STOP PUSHING THIS badword, YOUR OVER DOING IT!

IF PEOPLE WANT TO TEST THE THEORY AND DOWNLOAD FROM A SITE, IT IS THE SAME AS YOU USING YOUR PROGRAMS TO DOWNSIZE THE OS.

GROWUP

YOU KNOW WHAT !!!! badword KICK ME OFF....BAN ME ASSHOLE! HAVE A MERRY badword CHRISTMAS!

TO EVERYONE ELSE THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO YOU...JUST PAUL AND THE RULES...I SAY badword THE RULES!

HEY PAUL...YOUR A HACKER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HERE! QUITE YOUR BITCHING....

Guest Eeepcnews

i think there is a problem with your Caps Lock key :(

Take it easy, Paul is the admin here, he makes the rules. No need to fight... You should focus on your tutorials for the Eee. They really help us a lot!

Peace

Edited by Paul (MVP)

Hello,

I could not get it to work. I've downloaded the exactly same ISO, extracted it and copied its contents to the USB flash drive. Whenever I try to boot, the Eee PC displays something like "Error disk. Press any key to restart." (If I press a key it actually ignores the USB drive and start booting from the SSD, without a restart.)

If I try to use the same USB flash drive to boot on my desktop, I get the same error, plus

"BOOT FROM CD:

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

It seems obvious that I could net make the USB flash drive (I've tried both a generic one and a SanDisk cruzer) bootable!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Guest webcomconsulting
Hello,

I could not get it to work. I've downloaded the exactly same ISO, extracted it and copied its contents to the USB flash drive. Whenever I try to boot, the Eee PC displays something like "Error disk. Press any key to restart." (If I press a key it actually ignores the USB drive and start booting from the SSD, without a restart.)

If I try to use the same USB flash drive to boot on my desktop, I get the same error, plus

"BOOT FROM CD:

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

It seems obvious that I could net make the USB flash drive (I've tried both a generic one and a SanDisk cruzer) bootable!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Did you setup it to boot from the BIOS? Also when the system starts try hitting the "ESC" key and choosing what ever you it it to boot from.

Yeah, I did it. Otherwise the machine would boot directly from the SSD, ignoring the USB drive.

I've also tried Windows_TinyXP_Vista_Edition.iso. The folder structure is different from Windows.Ultra.Vista.CD.V1.iso, but the error I get is the same.

Guest webcomconsulting
Yeah, I did it. Otherwise the machine would boot directly from the SSD, ignoring the USB drive.

I've also tried Windows_TinyXP_Vista_Edition.iso. The folder structure is different from Windows.Ultra.Vista.CD.V1.iso, but the error I get is the same.

do you have a USB CDROM Drive you could use. Thats what I used to install mine.

Guest webcomconsulting
do you have a USB CDROM Drive you could use. Thats what I used to install mine.

What program did you use to mount the ISO file to your USB key?

Guest webcomconsulting

My little Vista video ( my fooling around one )

YouTube plying around to make sure everything was working. Small Vista Video, Big one being posted soon with Tiger OS.

I don't have an USB optical drive, that's exactly why I'm trying to install from an USB flash drive.

To mount the ISO I use DAEMON Tools. I've tried both copying from the virtual drive mounted to USB and extracting the ISO with WinRAR, none have worked.

It's like those sticks can't be made bootable, damn. :(

Guest webcomconsulting
I don't have an USB optical drive, that's exactly why I'm trying to install from an USB flash drive.

To mount the ISO I use DAEMON Tools. I've tried both copying from the virtual drive mounted to USB and extracting the ISO with WinRAR, none have worked.

It's like those sticks can't be made bootable, damn. :(

sounds like your going to have to get your self a cheap USB cdrom drive. Just out of interest, where are you from?

Guest bearne1
Yeah, probably... :(

I am from Brazil.

I tried this with the same problem - I found out that when you strip Vista down you need to keep the install option for DOS, if not your USB stick will not be recognised on restart.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
Guest Hermelo
Yeah, probably... :D

I am from Brazil.

Hi there. I'm from Brasil too! :(

If I understood right your problem, all you have to do is make your USB bootable.

Supposing you have Vista, and you do have the administrative rights, open a DOS

prompt and do the following:

DISKPART

LIST DISK (note the number of your USB drive at this point)

SELECT DISK 1 (or the appropriate number from the command above)

CLEAN

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

SELECT PARTITION 1

ACTIVE

FORMAT FS=32

ASSIGN

EXIT

And than copy all contents of your ISO to your new bootable USB. Remember to press

ESC at startup right boot device when turning your EeePc up.

PS. By the way, all credits to Paul. Just trying to help here :(

Guest konidair
sounds like your going to have to get your self a cheap USB cdrom drive. Just out of interest, where are you from?

Hi evererybody and congratulations about this forum.Since i'm new to the "eee pc world" i would like to ask a question.

i would like to install xp from a usb stick or a usb hard drive cause i don't have an external usb cd reader.

My question is this: could i buy a 6 euro ide to usb adapter(found on ebay) and just plug a normal/internal cd/dvd reader to my eeepc?

I would rather to this for one time(cause i don't think i'll use the cd reader again) instead of spending 50 euros for an external one.

What do you think?