Storage Card2

Guest CorruptedSanity

Guest CorruptedSanity

I removed my memory card and inserted my sister's to see if it was working. Upon reinserting my card, it got moved or a new folder created as storage card 2.

Why?

How do I resume it back as storage card 1?

Thanks,

Guest Neil5459

This suggests your storage card hasn't initialised properly, and the OS has assigned a 'ghost' name to it. This can be dangerous to your data :(

First thing to do is take the card out, and see if you can read it in a card reader on the PC- if so, make a full backup by copying the whole card to the PC. Now reinsert teh card into the WM device, and see if it sees our normal contents again. If not, take the card out again, and do a soft rest; if that doesn't work, leave the card in place, and do a soft reset. ( If the card wouldn't read in the PC, I'm afraid it's contents are probably corrupt- you could try a data recovery program.)

If it still isn't back, the the options become more complex! You could try a program called Pocket Mechanic to repair the card, otherwise it may be time to reformat the card, and copy back the backup files to it.

I've had this happen, usually when you tweak the registry to move some system files to the card, (PIE cache, emails etc.)

From memory the fix is something like this:

Using Resco Explorer rename the extra Card to _Storage card, Soft-reset and you should now have your proper Storage Card named correctly. then you can delete the extra one

Guest CorruptedSanity

Ohh wow, no my card is fine. Reading and writing to it.

Its just not named storage card 1 anymore.

I had pbar running from the storage card upon bootup and it stopped because the directory was storage card ,so I changed it to storage card 2.

But there remains a folder called storage card1 with folders in it.

OK so it sounds like pbar is the culprit, running before the card is ready, uninstall it.

determine which storage card is the 'real' one, then carry out the steps as above to get rid of the extra one

You will need to use Resco for this as the built in file manager won't let you do it I'm sure

Merry Xmas

Guest Confucious

Have to agree with Mandt - anything that loads at bootup should be installed in main memory as the card takes time to startup and if it isn't ready to be read when the program tries to load it can creat all sorts of problems, such as loading as Storage Card 2 because it has already tried to access the Storage Card...