Decent calender homescreen for s730 needed

Guest Pethorr

Guest Pethorr

Hi, I'm the proud new owner of a HTC s730, and as its my first smartphone/pda, I dont have anything to compare it to, but so far I'm really impressed about it.

The thing is I've been looking for a decent homescreen that's compatible with the s730. I prefer functionality over eye-candy, and I'm a huge fan of the facade plugin with schedule and tasks (Which I am using currently).

An ideal homescreen for me would include some of the following:

* A calendar

* Schedule+Tasks (Preferably both on the same screen)

* #Sms/#mails/#Missed calls

* Profile (Normal/vibrate etc.)

The best I've found so far is DrBlow's calendar homescreen, but can't seem to get it to work on my s730. It can be found here (If I'm allowed to post such links):

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic...art=#entry89448

If anyone has any cool screens that's compatible with the s730 I would be very interested. I'll of course look some more around and post in here if I find any.

Greetings to any fellow s730 owners out there! :(

-Pethorr

Edited by Pethorr

Guest Pilou78
* A calendar

* Schedule+Tasks (Preferably both on the same screen)

* #Sms/#mails/#Missed calls

* Profile (Normal/vibrate etc.)

Hi,

Your request seems quite a reasonable and simple one : a nice home page, with some modifications of the xml file to change the order / font size with a few plugins like tasks and multiples calendar event but it indeed seems a bit more complicated.

Santa just bring me a new S730 to replace my stolen S710 and I directly reinstall everything but I end up with a phone not responding properly to keys, USB so slow I lost sync and a battery drown out in half a day :D .

I allmost sent it back but after a factory reset, everything was back into order :( . It appears to be the smart battery plugin of the steam home screen (I still recommend it), latest revision 0.9.6 seems a bit better but you can feel by the speed of contacts appearing.

Looking at the MSM7200 diagram, it appears this phone now got an ARM11 instead of an ARM9 (at least as main application processor) and I suspect most of the simple/old application are not taking this into account ?

Cheers, Philippe.

Edited by Pilou78

Guest Espensodal
Hi,

Your request seems quite a reasonable and simple one : a nice home page, with some modifications of the xml file to change the order / font size with a few plugins like tasks and multiples calendar event but it indeed seems a bit more complicated.

Santa just bring me a new S730 to replace my stolen S710 and I directly reinstall everything but I end up with a phone not responding properly to keys, USB so slow I lost sync and a battery drown out in half a day :D .

I allmost sent it back but after a factory reset, everything was back into order :( . It appears to be the smart battery plugin of the steam home screen (I still recommend it), latest revision 0.9.6 seems a bit better but you can feel by the speed of contacts appearing.

Looking at the MSM7200 diagram, it appears this phone now got an ARM11 instead of an ARM9 (at least as main application processor) and I suspect most of the simple/old application are not taking this into account ?

Cheers, Philippe.

Concerning the non responsive keys, that was because of facade. i installed facade and the phone went to be a pain in the a**

often had to push a button like 5-10 times before it responded.

took facade away, worked like a charm again

• 4 months later...
Guest hotlips69

How do you "factory reset" the S730?

My IE has stopped working completely and the phone is definitely slower than when I first got it.

I think a factory reset will solve both of my problems....