Touch Dual Questions

Guest Animefan

Guest Animefan

Hi there, im baaack :(

I just got my Touch Dual yesterday so im still new to it, but I want to make some DVDs to play on its soon big 8gb microSD card.

For now ive tried:

CloneDVD Mobile with a successfull xvid conversion of The Simpsons Movie (danish subs), 20 fps, 320 x 240 solution and a size of 395mb

Spb Mobile DVD with also a succesfull conversion of The Simpsons Movie in wmv (danish subs), 20 fps, 320 x 240 solution and a size of 220mb

When watching both the quality of picture and sound looked almost the same, so why is CloneDVD so much worse? I also tried to pick wmv with the CloneDVD but it also estimated the file size to 395 there.

Is there a better program to use to convert DVDs? any tips gladly appreciated

As well as if you knwo some games that is optimized for the Touch or Touch Dual phones,

To both, yes im willing to pay for the program or game, so you can tell me the very very best ^^

Guest MisfitKiwi
Hi there, im baaack :(

I just got my Touch Dual yesterday so im still new to it, but I want to make some DVDs to play on its soon big 8gb microSD card.

For now ive tried:

CloneDVD Mobile with a successfull xvid conversion of The Simpsons Movie (danish subs), 20 fps, 320 x 240 solution and a size of 395mb

Spb Mobile DVD with also a succesfull conversion of The Simpsons Movie in wmv (danish subs), 20 fps, 320 x 240 solution and a size of 220mb

When watching both the quality of picture and sound looked almost the same, so why is CloneDVD so much worse? I also tried to pick wmv with the CloneDVD but it also estimated the file size to 395 there.

Is there a better program to use to convert DVDs? any tips gladly appreciated

As well as if you knwo some games that is optimized for the Touch or Touch Dual phones,

To both, yes im willing to pay for the program or game, so you can tell me the very very best ^^

I'm guessing the difference is because of the different codecs used, and when you select the same they are using different compression ratios/bitrate/yadda yadda.

Personally I've had fantastic luck with PocketDivxEncoder playing with TCPMP, it's a bit of a faff to convert from DVD (DVD shrink, rip the main title and import the resulting VOB in the VIDEO_TS folder into PDE)

Hope this helps.