TapTap Keyboard - forget your stylus!

Guest bkf1

Hello all,

I'm surprised that on this big forum there is no mention about my keyboard so I must set it right :(

Have you ever needed keyboard on your PocketPC with what you can write any text anywhere without any concentration on the typing AND also to have the keyboard that is so small that is not consuming most of your display space on your PocketPC? The main advatage of this keyboard using TapTap Technology is NOT the speed of typing BUT the luxury of typing. REMEMBER the speed of typing is increasing by using it! Enough of speaking... try it!!!

Screens:

TapTapKeyboard1.pngTapTapKeyboard2.png

Web (downloads):

http://www.taptapkeyb.ic.cz

http://www.taptaptech.wz.cz

Edited by bkf1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chucky.egg

From the screenshots it looks like this requires two taps per letter

For example - Tap#1 = "abcdefg", Tap#2 = "a"

I'm very picky about what gets onto my device so give us a sales pitch on why yours is better than, say PocketCM Keyboard

From the screenshots it looks like this requires two taps per letter

For example - Tap#1 = "abcdefg", Tap#2 = "a"

I'm very picky about what gets onto my device so give us a sales pitch on why yours is better than, say PocketCM Keyboard

Hi, I'm also very picky about what gets onto my device :( So let's compare these two keyboards. At the first sight you can see than mine has very big buttons so there is no need to focus very much on typing. Practically you can write any text in any conditions only with your thumb and with single taps - this is the main advantage of this keyboard. BUT if you want to write relatively fast you must get used to this new input system - you can improve your typing speed by writing any text of course. My keyboard still has not any word completion but I don't see this as the most important think on PocketPC keyboard. You can try my keyboard maybe you will like it as many others :D

BTW before I finished my keyboard I was using PocketCM Keyboard because it was (and in my oppinion still is) the only comparable keyboard on PocketPC :D

Edited by bkf1

Guest chucky.egg

I agree - word completion is very low importance to me as long as it's easy to type with.

I also agree that practice is the only way to get used to new keyboards.

For me, personally, yours doesn't look very pretty. Shallow, I know, and perhaps more important to me than it should be

Also the 2 taps function would, I think, annoy me very quickly (I didn't get on with TouchPal for similar reasons)

I'm looking for a keyboard which:

Takes up not much more screen space than the standard Large Keys one

Has keys big enough that I can hit them with my thumb

Has a large-ish backspace key for those typos

Has quick and easy access to punctuation and numbers

Yours ticks some of those boxes, but not enough for me to invest the time needed to get used to it. No offence meant, I'm trying to be helpful.

I'm looking for a keyboard which:

Takes up not much more screen space than the standard Large Keys one

Has keys big enough that I can hit them with my thumb

Has a large-ish backspace key for those typos

Has quick and easy access to punctuation and numbers

This can be done with modified GSM-like keyboard BUT there would be great probability of keying mistake. With my keyboard the keying mistake is practically NONE.

Yours ticks some of those boxes, but not enough for me to invest the time needed to get used to it.

That is why you may never find anything what is comfortable for you. Give it a try e.g. for a week :) I gave it to test to 10 people for a week and 9 of them were very satisfied :D The last one was very used to stylus and he even don't want to write on PDA with fingers so that is why he doesn't used to my keyboard.

Guest chucky.egg

T9 works fine for me, I don't make many mistakes on it, and it allows for bigger keys than the standard Keyboard. I'm trying HTCs Keyboard at the moment, and the only thing I don't like so far is the amount of screen it takes up.

You haven't given me any compelling reason to try yours.

I don't like the idea of having to tap twice per letter, and whlist other people may be satisfied with that I can't see me liking it.