"I believe my Kaiser can swim"

Guest Brounoh

Guest Brounoh

Hi everyone!

To start, I wish a good new year to everyone. Enjoy people!

Just to let you know that the Kaiser can swim!

A stupid friendgirl of my ex (stupid revenge I would stay) the nice idea to push me in a pool with my Kaiser, a SE W880i and my Camera Sony T100 !!!

I went out of the pool as fast as possible (furious of course)

Well, to shorten the story, after a good air blower session the 2 phones work properly but my camera does not work anymore!

My phone was in my poket in the standard HTC case.

Great fun for newyear's eve right ?

Edited by Brounoh

Guest Confucious

Be VERY carefull! Water damage does not always show straight away. I would take the batteries out and leave somewhere warm and dry for a couple of days to make sure!

Shame about your camera - can you claim off your household contents insurance?

Good luck.

Guest Boinng

+1 on Confucious' advice above, and don't give up on the camera yet for the same (inverted) reason! Remove the batteries from all three and put them all in the airing cupboard (or somewhere else warm and dry) for at least a full couple of days before replacing the power. You could actually damage your phone(s) by running them even microscopically damp, and - meanwhile - your camera might still spring back into life if you give it more of a chance to demist.

Edited by Boinng

Guest Brounoh
Man, you must have been seriously pissed off when you dragged yourself out!

P

You totally get the feeling "seriously pissed off"... even more absolutly furious

I was drunk as NewYear Eve... but all the effect of champagne left my body at the second !!! Even not before touching the water (ie flying !!!) I was already thinking to drown her !!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Brounoh

I am going to kill someone (in fact the b**ch who pushed me!!!)

So now

Camera dead... £180 if I want fix it... for a £220 camera as new!

the Kaiser left me down last week... the mobile worked normally (yep really, nothing special) but the tuesday, battery stopped to charged... so I went buy a new one... but again when time was to charge it... nothing... impossible to charge the batterie and even if cable connected to the phone, I could nt switch it on... with a full battery I could again...

I sent the mobile to HTC... last week

when they told me, 5 days, it is 8 days now...

and today they told me that they flagged the water damage....

SO PISSED OFF !!!!

The phone works properly as its first day but just do not want to charge the freacking battery

So now they are going to send me pics of the phone just to back them up and then will show me the bill

I am amuse to think about the price...

But I wont let them put a bill with me paying selling an harm to be able to pay!

Guys, a believe a screen could be horribly expessive, a keyboard maybe also... but c'mon, un connection phone/battery cant be that expessive right ?

I mean, Ok it is tinny and difficult to repair easily but I do not want them to fix the GPS or something like it, just the freacking power connection!

DAMN IT, so pissed off !!!!!!

Guest Brounoh

HTC sent me an email this morning saying "water damage", not warranty, under "non warranty" so beyond economic repair.

They tell me "if you pay £20, we send it back to you, otherwise, we don't"

What the hell is wrong!!!!

The phone works, they just need to change a connection to the battery! Cant it be possible ?!

Please, any advise would be good...

It will take ages to get insurances etc to make this stupid girl to pay!

I am cursed !

Guest Confucious

It won't be a connection to the battery. Charging is controlled by a microprocessor which provably can't be replaced so needs a new motherboard, as their might be other damage which you can't see it probably is beyond economical repair.

If you believe the only problem is not charging then I'd get the phone back and buy a desktop charger. I bought one from this guy on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Battery-Charger-USB-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

Guest tsutton
The phone works, they just need to change a connection to the battery! Cant it be possible ?!

Nope, it's not that easy.

They open it up and they will see some rusted on metal bits on the motherboard, which means it needs a new board. It's not just "changing bits", water can affect the whole phone, even if it works fine, it will soon fail anyway.

Send the bill to the woman who pushed you. Or replace it using your house insurance, assuming you have one.

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
HTC sent me an email this morning saying "water damage", not warranty, under "non warranty" so beyond economic repair.

They tell me "if you pay £20, we send it back to you, otherwise, we don't"

What the hell is wrong!!!!

Please, any advise would be good...

It will take ages to get insurances etc to make this stupid girl to pay!

I am cursed !

Hey, sh1t happens. Your phone was destroyed through water damage so it's not a warranty problem.

You have three possibilities to resolve this situation:

1) Make an insurance claim for the cost of a new phone (if you have suitable insurance that covers this).

2) Get the girl who pushed you into the water to pay for the damage she caused.

3) Suck it down and pay yourself.

It's really as simple as that. Endlessly whining on an internet forum isn't going to make your gadgets better.

Guest Brounoh
Hey, sh1t happens. Your phone was destroyed through water damage so it's not a warranty problem.

You have three possibilities to resolve this situation:

1) Make an insurance claim for the cost of a new phone (if you have suitable insurance that covers this).

2) Get the girl who pushed you into the water to pay for the damage she caused.

3) Suck it down and pay yourself.

It's really as simple as that. Endlessly whining on an internet forum isn't going to make your gadgets better.

D*mb a*s, I am not asking everyone to solve my problems...

If you feel I am whinning endlessly here, just take another way and do not read this topic... as simple as that!

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
D*mb a*s, I am not asking everyone to solve my problems...

If you feel I am whinning endlessly here, just take another way and do not read this topic... as simple as that!

:)

I have this mental image of you, Brounoh:

angrybossG_228x301.jpg

Chill out and let it go is the best advice anyone can give you. Sometimes this stuff just happens :D

Guest Brounoh
:)

I have this mental image of you, Brounoh:

angrybossG_228x301.jpg

Chill out and let it go is the best advice anyone can give you. Sometimes this stuff just happens :D

:D I can be like this when I read "Endlessly whining on an internet forum isn't going to make your gadgets better."

But I go back to normal readying this "Sometimes this stuff just happens :D "

Anyway, I will deal with this problem with a desktop charger until the insurance pays for a new phone!

I hope this 2008 Kaiser will be better than the 2007 I had!!!!

Bye

B

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brounoh

guess what?!!!!!!!!

for a month I have been using an cradle charger to charge 2 baterries... and I switched them to use the phone...

Now, crazy stuff, the phone charge normally with mini usb !!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely don't understand this TyTN II... back from the death !!!!!

Maybe my last Weekend skiing with -10C took it back from some weird place where usb is banned !

Guest Brounoh
Great news! Weird but good news!

My faith in the HTC ingeeners is not near 0

These guys had the phone for 10 days and did not sort out the problem…

Now I might understand how they work while searching good code lines for the video acceleration patch !!!