Help and Advice

Guest RiCoCheT

Guest RiCoCheT

Hi All.

Need some advice from you all on what to do, im confused.com :(

Currently with Orange, still on Everyday 50. (never ever use my everyday 50 entitlement, now days)

monthly bills come to around £30, never more than £35.

Current phone is SPV C600.

Already out of contract, coming upto 2 years (feb/april) since last upgrade.

I torn between, upgrading to the SPV e650 and sticking with Orange on Everyday 50.

Previous discussions with Orange CSR state im on the best tariff.

I really like the E650, but also open to the HTC Touch/Dual Touch.

My main requests are

• Monthly bills do not exceed £30-£35. (as above, dont use my everyday 50 entitlement)
  • Tom Tom mobile works on the device, whether it be v5 or v6.
  • Has Wi-Fi
  • Sprite Backup works.

Should I abandon Orange (which im sure will be the consensus) and switch to T-Mobile, get their Web-N-Walk, but the downside is, T-mobile dont have the e650/Vox equivilant.

What should I do? Any other alternative ways to get a Vox but on T mobile and not pay over the odds for device???

Help, Help, Help.

Thanks for all advice in advance.

Ricky.

Guest RiCoCheT
Your bill isn't really CHEAP, what is your usage like?

P

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking, here is the last 3 months of bills, hopefully this should give you enough info on my usage. Let me know if you require any further information.

My Service Plan consists of

• Everyday 50 : £15.00
  • Orange World 4 : £4.00
  • Orange Care : £5.00

Guranteed Min Spend= £24.00

12/08/2007 Total Bill £34.02

Talk Summary

[list] [*]Duration of inclusive calls 0:22
[*]Additional minutes used 7:13
[*]Total duration of calls 7:35
[/list]Text Summary

[list] [*]Total text messages 61
[/list]Data Summary

[list] [*]Inclusive megabytes used 2.2082
[*]Total megabytes 2.2082
[/list]

11/08/2007 Total Bill £31.18

Talk Summary

[list] [*]Duration of inclusive calls 8:24
[*]Additional minutes used 3:22
[*]Total duration of calls 11:46
[/list]Text Summary

[list] [*]Total text messages 27
[/list]Data Summary

[list] [*]Inclusive megabytes used 3.1039
[*]Total megabytes 3.1039
[/list]

10/08/2007 Total Bill £31.21

Talk Summary

[list] [*]Duration of inclusive calls 6:57
[*]Additional minutes used 10:27
[/list]Total duration of calls 17:24
Text Summary

[list] [*]Total text messages 22
[/list]Data Summary

[list] [*]Inclusive megabytes used 2.9896
[*]Total megabytes 2.9896
[/list]

Guest crazyc

If that is the old Orange World wap package that someone was talking about over on Modaco then it may be worth more than it seems if you intend ever using data.....(they are using the wap apn to get loads of data)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RiCoCheT
If that is the old Orange World wap package that someone was talking about over on Modaco then it may be worth more than it seems if you intend ever using data.....(they are using the wap apn to get loads of data)

hi crazyc.

I do use data, im currently on the 4mb/£4 data tarriff. I always ensure that I dont go over the 4mb mark, uses Orange Internet not the Wap apn.

Following on from my original post, rang Orange retentions yesterday

I can get both the HTC Touch (P3450) or the SPEV e650 for free.

• 18 month contract
  • Racoon tariff
  • 225mins anytime (dont currently use anyway near that now)
  • 100 Text (dont currently use anyway near that now)
  • unlimited Landlines Offpeak

Usually cost's £25 a month, they will knock off £5 for 9 months. Plus throw in Orange care for the full 18 months of the contract.

So all in all £20 + data package £8 (30mb) = £28, less than im paying now. :D

Does it sound like a good deal? :)

If I was to go over to T-Mobile I can get

Flext 25 + web'n'walk (18 months) £60 Allowance Month

Unlimited web surfing and e-mails

£32.50 £27.50 (currently £5 off) + £6 insurance (not sure if its worth it, but wouldnt want to take the risk)

T-Mobile MDA Touch 256MB will cost me = £29.99

im still confused.com.. :D

Helppppppppppppp, expert advice wanted..

Thanks All.

Am no expert I am afraid.

I currently pay £53pcm and get

900 minutes

200 texts

Orangecare

Unlimited internet (1G FUP)

Changing that last item to the 30mb budle when my contract expires is a no go for me, so will be off to get the others to fight for my custom....(I could make do with 100mb say).

Guest hockeyump
£6 insurance (not sure if its worth it, but wouldnt want to take the risk)

From personal experience if you don't take the insurance they won't look at your phone if something goes wrong or it gets damaged. Well worth the £6 otherwise you have to claim on your home insurance and the excess usually makes it hardly worth while.

Edited by hockeyump

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I got very despondent with Orange a while back after very bad clashes with poor customer service. However my biggest regret was ditching my old "Orange Value Promise" contract where I was matching the Virgin Tariff. That was an absolute bargain.

However having now tried Orange, O2, Vodafone and T-Mobile, I have found T-Mobiles tariffs to be the most sensible.

Flext is great as you can either send texts or chat, and it just deducts from a central allowance pot. Web n Walk is by far the most generous mobile data tariff on the market to date. Even their basic £7.50 package gives 1Gb of data, which on Vodafone is 120Mb for the same money.

The HTC TyTN II from T-Mobile comes very recommended from me. They have not messed with the handset at all (other than changing the colour of a couple of icons and implemented their network settings).

Plus the handset does satnav, email, internet etc.

Guest RiCoCheT

Ahh the old OVP, wish I signed up for that :)

Flext/WnW sounds good, but I'll end up paying more than I currently do.

Im 199% I want a WM device, having been with WM since SPV C500, I will not defect.

The device I want needs to not be too big to carry around, TyTN II is a bit too big. HTC/Mda Touch range seems nice and compact, so was/is the SPV C600/e650

I think I might wait a few more months (till April max), see what Orange bring out as a replacment for the E650, fingers crossed its the HTC S730.

The C600 gives me everything I need now, sat nav, email, internet, but me being me, thinks I need a latest handset...lol...

still confused.com...

Thanks all for all the advice provided...

Guest Confucious

How come your Orange bills are so high? With T-Mob you never get charged more than your contracted amount unless you use more min s/txtx or use premium numbers /txts or use abroad.

I've never bothered with insurance - claimed off my household ins once when I lost the phone.

Unlimited data is something no WM phone should be without and at the end of your contract T give you a discount if you stay with them and don't upgrade your phone which is why I'm now paying £20.51 / month for Flext35 + W'n'W Plus

Guest RiCoCheT
How come your Orange bills are so high? With T-Mob you never get charged more than your contracted amount unless you use more min s/txtx or use premium numbers /txts or use abroad.

I've never bothered with insurance - claimed off my household ins once when I lost the phone.

Unlimited data is something no WM phone should be without and at the end of your contract T give you a discount if you stay with them and don't upgrade your phone which is why I'm now paying £20.51 / month for Flext35 + W'n'W Plus

My bills have always been around £30 p/m mark, £24 is just the basic I pay. Think the extra is the time I call other networks and use the phone for very short periods during peak hours.

I think with T-mobile as its all inclusive will work alot better for me. T-mobile is starting to pull me in away from the darkside (Orange..boo.. hiss)

Im the type who rather be safe than sorry, last thing I need to do is have to pay for a brand new replacement for a brand new device on the market.. just paranoid...never looked at the aspect of claiming against household insurance, has that been a painful experience or very hassle free?

Never knew that about T and the discount, something ive not seen or read before, good to know. Pays to be with them from that I see.

Orange are due to bring out the HTC S730 soon according to this article on Coolsmartphone.com unfortunatly no sign of the device coming out on T, which would be perfect...

Just need to make my mind up and stop putting it off...keep thinking if I wait a bit longer, something better may come along...

Guest Confucious

T give you certainty - it's great. As is their CS. O's insurance is generally reckoned to be the best but my household ins claim was very pain free - they just paid for a new handset and memory card without a problem.

T has been a very pleasant experience but if you want HSDPA you *might* have to go for W'n'W Plus (£12.50) which also includes free WiFi hotspots now.

Not sure about the S730 but the Touch Dual is due out on T any day - worth a look?

Guest RiCoCheT

Damn Saturday opening hours.

Just went to place an order with T but they just closed :D

Want a device with wi-fi for some reason, the Touch Plus doesnt have that, plus MDA Touch has twice more mb than Orange version :)

Im going to go for:

T-Mobile MDA Touch 256MB, Flext 30 + web'n'walk (18 months) = £32.50

Cost of Phone is FREE

NO Insurance (Hopefully I can take this up at a later stage?)

Tried online, but didnt see an option for porting over from Orange so will try again tomorrow.

T-Mobile here I come, Orange go to ell :D